Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 24, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #7,831 of 18,777
My wife uses Poly and I have Hugo 2. I love them both.

For on the road I currently use Hugo 2 via blue tooth. It’s acceptable in loud places like arenas but,,,

If the Poly for Hugo 2 were to be put off for a long time, I’d consider selling H2 and getting a second Poly.

Having SD card full of high res files with the gorgeous Chord sound is wonderful.

I’m hoping 2Go is released this Spring or Summer but you can’t go wrong with Poly & Mojo. Fabulous product.

That’s a VERY good point. I paid my usual HiFi retailer a visit last week with the intention of potentially buying a H2 (I had never auditioned one);

While I could perceive differences I wasn’t blown away by the H2 compared to Mojo+Poly. I didn’t buy one as I could foresee it seeing very little use due to its size and having to be tethered to my phone.

It would have seen the exact same (if not even less) level of use as Mojo prior to Poly. Now, I would certainly reconsider as and when 2Go is released.

Mar 24, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #7,832 of 18,777
Great input guys thanks! I may wait a bit longer for now. But I’ll tell you what, being able to avoid having to tether my phone to Mojo while listening to music is probably worth the price of admission alone. I’ll be following the thread now closely.
Ultimately your decision. Honestly...I’d wait on further development on this item. Who knows? Chord may bring something else to the table to advance/recover from the missteps with this particular device. I’m on tap for a replacement POLY...but I’d scrap it...along with the MOJO...IF a portable mini HUGO2, with built-in wireless streaming (no separate module), was available by Chord. I still greatly believe in the idea & intent...because there’s nothing like it on the market....just not so much ‘as is’...in this existing MOJO/POLY combo offering. Chord’s already proven they can do better with their other solid products.

Note to Chord: Shrink the size of the HUGO2 to an all-in-one wireless streaming unit for mobile carriers (please). You’ll likely own that market niche (i.e. MOJOPOLY). I’ll pre order if it can be had @ 1/2 the cost of the HUGO2.

Mar 24, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #7,833 of 18,777
(On other news) ..Just in case anyone was wondering the mojo/poly > campfire audio cascade pairing is amazing :dt880smile:

Attachments

• 20180324_174752.jpg
    20180324_174752.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Mar 24, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #7,834 of 18,777
(On other news) ..Just in case anyone was wondering the mojo/poly > campfire audio cascade pairing is amazing :dt880smile:

Add to that, PolyJo + Effect Audio "Lionheart" + Noble Kaiser Encore ...... My heads just melted on my pillow! .... Just beautiful.

edit; Forgot to add one important part of that mix .... Ludovico Einaudi. ... Sorry Ludo old chap! Ha ha

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #7,835 of 18,777
Add to that, PolyJo + Effect Audio "Lionheart" + Noble Kaiser Encore ...... My heads just melted on my pillow! .... Just beautiful.

edit; Forgot to add one important part of that mix .... Ludovico Einaudi. ... Sorry Ludo old chap! Ha ha

Replacement poly working like a charm, no drop outs, Glider recognizes it in a second, and the sound is great, listening through my universal Noble Kaiser10s. FYI Massdrop has them on sale now. Like them better than the customs, using comply foam tips, the seal is much better. Can’t wait for GoFigure!

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:46 AM Post #7,836 of 18,777
Replacement poly working like a charm, no drop outs, Glider recognizes it in a second, and the sound is great, listening through my universal Noble Kaiser10s. FYI Massdrop has them on sale now. Like them better than the customs, using comply foam tips, the seal is much better. Can’t wait for GoFigure!

I just got my replacement Poly. Trying to determine if it works flawlessly or not. It seems when changing modes, it requires a manual reboot (turn Mojo off and on again), unlike before when Poly would reboot and change modes in its own. @Matt Bartlett Is this correct? I recall another post about the same issue. And, will GoFigure correct this behavior?

Mar 25, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #7,837 of 18,777
I just got my replacement Poly. Trying to determine if it works flawlessly or not. It seems when changing modes, it requires a manual reboot (turn Mojo off and on again), unlike before when Poly would reboot and change modes in its own. @Matt Bartlett Is this correct? I recall another post about the same issue. And, will GoFigure correct this behavior?

Based on everything I have read about GoFigure, switching modes should work on the fly ie no reboots required:)

Mar 25, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #7,838 of 18,777
First, in using Glider on iPad, is there a way to have the volume of the iPad NOT be turned on/up? I like keeping the volume on mute. I'd much prefer just using the Mojo volume control. So now after using Poly/Glider and the iPad is used for other activities it will blast audio out. Could a "volume pass through" toggle be implemented in Glider?

Unfortunately this is the only way to allow the volume slider on the lock screen and the hardware volume buttons control the volume on connected devices.

Mar 25, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #7,839 of 18,777

i am still experiencing this issue and not sure if i have a defective one or if it is a result of the "fix" they have implemented for the older Mojos to work correctly with Poly.

still waiting to hear back from Mitch from Chord on this issue...

also I had one instance where it would not shut off that was very frustrating, otherwise replacement Poly is working great.

Mar 25, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #7,841 of 18,777
Mar 25, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #7,842 of 18,777
i am still experiencing this issue and not sure if i have a defective one or if it is a result of the "fix" they have implemented for the older Mojos to work correctly with Poly.

still waiting to hear back from Mitch from Chord on this issue...

also I had one instance where it would not shut off that was very frustrating, otherwise replacement Poly is working great.

I am having the same issue with my replacement poly. I have a pm into Matt as well. This could be the new standard?

Mar 25, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #7,843 of 18,777
Ultimately your decision. Honestly...I’d wait on further development on this item. Who knows? Chord may bring something else to the table to advance/recover from the missteps with this particular device. I’m on tap for a replacement POLY...but I’d scrap it...along with the MOJO...IF a portable mini HUGO2, with built-in wireless streaming (no separate module), was available by Chord. I still greatly believe in the idea & intent...because there’s nothing like it on the market....just not so much ‘as is’...in this existing MOJO/POLY combo offering. Chord’s already proven they can do better with their other solid products.

Note to Chord: Shrink the size of the HUGO2 to an all-in-one wireless streaming unit for mobile carriers (please). You’ll likely own that market niche (i.e. MOJOPOLY). I’ll pre order if it can be had @ 1/2 the cost of the HUGO2.
There is an old saying in IT Circles, don't let Perfect Get in the way of Good, otherwise you will never move forward. And if you wait too long, the whole playing field has changed, and you have a whole host of new problems you never ever thought of!

Mar 25, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #7,844 of 18,777
I am having the same issue with my replacement poly. I have a pm into Matt as well. This could be the new standard?

I think it is the new behavior, which must be hardware-related not firmware, since both my old and new Poly were on the latest. It’s not terrible, but I was used to switching with th pin and “reboot on save” and sometimes find myself waiting and nothing happens! I’m sure I’ll adjust finally just before GoFigure is released.

Mar 25, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #7,845 of 18,777
In the Hugo2 thread, someone asked if Poly would be better or worse in SQ to optical, the general consensus by Rob and others being that optical sounds best due to no electrical noise being transmitted. So, just got around to trying the optical output of my Elac Music Discovery and compared that to streaming to Poly via both Airplay and Roon RAAT. I used HD650 so I wouldn’t have to add an amp (as I usually do for the Hifiman HE-6). All files were CD rips in AIFF format.

Poly Roon mode => Mojo Optical > Poly Airplay

Really, optical and streaming Roon mode were very close, with maybe just a touch more smoothness and fullness in Roon/Poly. Why would this be? Not sure, but I don’t know what happens in the server between reading the SSD drive and a) outputting optical or b) streaming to Poly. Airplay was completely enjoyable, but not as smooth sounding as Roon or optical. I can only guess this was due to slight timing errors in the Airplay protocol?

I’m still of the opinion that Poly allows the best from Mojo. When you add the convenience, higher streaming rates available, Roon endpoint and SQ overall, I can only hope there is a desktop streamer that will be available soon to feed Chord’s other DACs or M-scaler. Better yet, an M-scaler/streamer combination, as long as there were no sonic consequences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back