1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521
523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532
Next

Last
  1. DavidW
    Okay, I changed my WiFi password so it is alpha-numeric, but can't get to a solid blue light. I pushed the config pin in to swap modes, but no good...

2. jarnopp
    You may be trying this, and it may have been said already, it just to be absolutely sure:
    You need to be connected to Wi-Fi (either your home network or iPhone hotspot) in “other” network mode. From the Poly’s hotspot mode, you can set up your home or phone network, then select “other” mode and check reboot on save. That should restart you in other network mode. Then follow the off, on, off procedure to update the firmware.

3. smaragd
    Just in case I would like to add to make sure your router is accessible via 2.4GHz mode as the Poly doesn’t support 5GHz mode.

4. DavidW
    Here are my latest steps following the above guidance:
    "You need to be connected to Wi-Fi (either your home network or iPhone hotspot) in “other” network mode."
    I am connected to my 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. I'm unclear about the "'other' network mode" but here are my screenshots​
    IMG_0109.PNG IMG_0110.PNG

"From the Poly’s hotspot mode, you can set up your home or phone network, then select “other” mode and check reboot on save."
    I selected "Other" and "Reboot on save" as seen in the screenshot. I'm a bit unlcear about "hot spot mode" as my iPhone doesn't have hot spot capability, but I think that is something else.
    IMG_0111.PNG

"That should restart you in other network mode. Then follow the off, on, off procedure to update the firmware."
    After executing, the P status light goes out for ~30 seconds, and then comes back on flashing blue, not a solid blue. My iPhone reconnects to my Wi-Fi without displaying the Poly as if the Poly exited access mode.
    As I understand it, there is no point in cycling the power off and on as I don't have the solid blue indicator which is kind of key at this point.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  5. smaragd
    From the Poly screen shot I notice that your Poly is in Roon mode... I suggest you DO reboot into “other” mode first and retry connecting... there is a point in rebooting in your case I guess...
    Also, connect a pair of headphones to the Poly and you should hear a female AI voice prompting what mode your in. She should say “entering network mode” after using the pin into the config hole and if connected with a solid blue led when poking again she will confirm the network mode and your IP address.

6. JeremyLaurenson
    Also may be a good idea to remove spaces from the network name... and special characters too

smaragd likes this.
  7. Signal2Noise
    FYI, that screenshot does not indicate the Poly is in Roon mode. The selection is set to "Other". If you are referring to the bottom part of the screen where it says "Poly Mode - Roon" that is just the start of the explanations for all the different modes Poly can be placed in.

8. Gibson59
    Quick question for Poly owners. Ever since purchasing and loving the Mojo I have been very interested in purchasing a poly with all of its capabilities. However I see quite a few people having trouble with it and it doesn’t quite seem ready for prime time. Admittedly, I haven’t read through this whole thread, but would you guys say it’s worth a purchase right now or should I wait a while until all of the kinks are worked out. I have patience for dealing with technology quirks, but I also don’t want to buy something that is intended for convenience and versatility if I’m going to constantly be monkeying with it.

9. Signal2Noise
    Now that new Poly is back up and running flawlessly my dumb questions are developing.

First, in using Glider on iPad, is there a way to have the volume of the iPad NOT be turned on/up? I like keeping the volume on mute. I'd much prefer just using the Mojo volume control. So now after using Poly/Glider and the iPad is used for other activities it will blast audio out. Could a "volume pass through" toggle be implemented in Glider?

IMG_0893.PNG

10. NYanakiev
    I’d say buy it. I have been enjoying mine immensely.

headmanPL and Gibson59 like this.
  11. Signal2Noise
    If you want to lose the cable between phone/device and Mojo, Poly is definitely the way to go. Yes, Poly has been a struggle for some early adopters (including myself), but the new fixes and batch of hardware have resolved a lot of the hiccups. GoFigure app is another hurdle but we'll get there eventually.

I'd say Poly is worth the purchase.

Gibson59 likes this.
  12. rkw
    Not all of the kinks are worked out. At the very least, wait for feedback on the GoFigure app before deciding.

Gibson59 likes this.
  13. Gibson59
    Great input guys thanks! I may wait a bit longer for now. But I’ll tell you what, being able to avoid having to tether my phone to Mojo while listening to music is probably worth the price of admission alone. I’ll be following the thread now closely.

14. AudioBear
    Wise choice. GoFigure will be the last piece of the puzzle and with it being so close to release it's worth waiting. If it works as well as we all hope it will, there is a Poly in your future. Chord has made it clear that there will still be tweaks to come down the line, especially since iOS and Android are moving targets. Let's hope it's next week.

Gibson59 likes this.
  15. Peter Hyatt

My wife uses Poly and I have Hugo 2. I love them both.

If 2Go was not in the works, I’d get a second Poly w SD card.

Having SD card full of high res files with the gorgeous Chord sound is wonderful.

I’m hoping 2Go is released this Spring or Summer but you can’t go wrong with Poly & Mojo. Fabulous product.

First

Back
512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521
523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532
Next

Last