Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #34,591 of 35,472
Why are you still buying cheap Chinese IEMs when you supposedly have the A91 which you've told me and others is end game and won't need to buy anything budget Chinese again

to try new stuffs.... This hobby is never ending

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #34,595 of 35,472
@ALL XE800 owners, I just received mine today and I noticed that the right channel sounded slightly louder than the left. After changing the ear tips, left felt louder. I was completely shocked. I don't see any obvious blockage in the eartips bore. That aside, when I tried to get a proper seal at 2nd session, I pushed the nozzle all the way out. This did seem to muffle the sound. The bore opening seemed to be blocked by walls of my ear. I was disappointed for a second wondering if I have to go through the hassle of waiting for another pair. I had to twist the nozzle inwards a little bit to find the sweet-spot. Also, it sounds excellent when the 2 bass ports are not in contact with your skin on of your ear. (owners know what I mean :)). Interesting! I have to see if this issue is mitigated by wearing it over the ears.  If I move the housing away a little bit, sounds seems to come alive. Here I do find that the tiny holes on the inside of the housings are not clearly drilled. Looks like some of the plastic is still stuck/intact affecting the sound. As exciting as the articulating nozzle is, it sounds like a night-mare to get the right fit without affecting the sound. I will try them tomorrow again with Spinfits and see if they help. Also, I feel they are better-suited for over the wear than regular wear. But the cable didn't stay put around my ear in a moving cab. I will try with some ear loops tomorrow. Damn! I will make them much uglier but using black ear-loops vs white ones. Did anyone see white/frosted ones?

Isolation was good with large tips.

Sound was very nice and I do miss the huge stage of IEM 500 and sub-bass coming from the 1st iteration of the unmentionable IEM. However, I have a feeling, I'll warm up to this SS with time. I'm not yet sure if this is a upgrade or side-grade to the 2 pairs I mentioned above. (if anybody knows of a relatively cheap decent step-up to IEM 500, please recommend). 

They are almost tiny and very comfortable once you get the right fit. I just hope the cable doesn't give in too soon. I will see if I can get transparent shrink tube and reinforce it a little but.

All in all, seems to be a DAMN good value @ 18 USD.

I felt treble was little harsh. As much as I hate to admit, I seem to fall in to the category of ppl who just want smooth and musical presentation. Any EQ peaks that need to be tamed to make the treble much less shrill?

P.S: After trying all the IEMs I have so far, I'm more inclined towards choosing an IEM for its durability, Isolation and comfort apart from SQ and bang-for-buck factor. Maybe I will even spend a little bit of premium for that lost in music feeling I get when I forget I'm wearing them. Obviously that means, no cable noise and has to be light-weight too! Too many factors to consider when buying. :) 

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #34,596 of 35,472
Hi ive read all the good things about the 4in1, to those who have them can you also tell me the cons?

Ironically, the only CONS I found were their weight -not to be used for the gym, sports, long walks, or any other recreational activities.

I said "Ironically" because on the PROS side, these scream quality for the price and are great for monitoring/recording, lounging or just listening at home, long travel by plane, train, or bus!

The constructive quality and sound quality "outway the CONS" by a long shot, if you ask me.
wink.gif

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #34,599 of 35,472
What sound signature are the HD700's? I'm sure we can answer this one if we know that.

Best way to describe... lightly elevated bass, a bit of a treble spike to give some clarity, good sense of space and detail but dynamic rather than sterile. Maybe a more refined DT990 type? Some bass for punch but good detail retrieval rather than just being "warm". 

Sep 12, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #34,600 of 35,472
Ironically, the only CONS I found were their weight -not to be used for the gym, sports, long walks, or any other recreational activities.

I said "Ironically" because on the PROS side, these scream quality for the price and are great for monitoring/recording, lounging or just listening at home, long travel by plane, train, or bus!

The constructive quality and sound quality "outway the CONS" by a long shot, if you ask me. :wink:
used mine on the office for 6 hours and they are fine even went for a walk and no issues. I do find the vocals not as nice as my turbine pros but the rest is pretty awesome.

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #34,601 of 35,472
Best way to describe... lightly elevated bass, a bit of a treble spike to give some clarity, good sense of space and detail but dynamic rather than sterile. Maybe a more refined DT990 type? Some bass for punch but good detail retrieval rather than just being "warm". 

Maybe read some reviews on the T-Peos Altone 200 or the more expensive but sublime big brother,
The T-Peos H300. Both could fit your preference, hope you get lots of suggestions.

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #34,602 of 35,472
  @ALL XE800 owners, I just received mine today and I noticed that the right channel sounded slightly louder than the left. After changing the ear tips, left felt louder. I was completely shocked. I don't see any obvious blockage in the eartips bore. That aside, when I tried to get a proper seal at 2nd session, I pushed the nozzle all the way out. This did seem to muffle the sound. The bore opening seemed to be blocked by walls of my ear. I was disappointed for a second wondering if I have to go through the hassle of waiting for another pair. I had to twist the nozzle inwards a little bit to find the sweet-spot. Also, it sounds excellent when the 2 bass ports are not in contact with your skin on of your ear. (owners know what I mean :)). Interesting! I have to see if this issue is mitigated by wearing it over the ears.  If I move the housing away a little bit, sounds seems to come alive. Here I do find that the tiny holes on the inside of the housings are not clearly drilled. Looks like some of the plastic is still stuck/intact affecting the sound. As exciting as the articulating nozzle is, it sounds like a night-mare to get the right fit without affecting the sound. I will try them tomorrow again with Spinfits and see if they help. Also, I feel they are better-suited for over the wear than regular wear. But the cable didn't stay put around my ear in a moving cab. I will try with some ear loops tomorrow. Damn! I will make them much uglier but using black ear-loops vs white ones. Did anyone see white/frosted ones?

Isolation was good with large tips.

Sound was very nice and I do miss the huge stage of IEM 500 and sub-bass coming from the 1st iteration of the unmentionable IEM. However, I have a feeling, I'll warm up to this SS with time. I'm not yet sure if this is a upgrade or side-grade to the 2 pairs I mentioned above. (if anybody knows of a relatively cheap decent step-up to IEM 500, please recommend). 

They are almost tiny and very comfortable once you get the right fit. I just hope the cable doesn't give in too soon. I will see if I can get transparent shrink tube and reinforce it a little but.

All in all, seems to be a DAMN good value @ 18 USD.

I felt treble was little harsh. As much as I hate to admit, I seem to fall in to the category of ppl who just want smooth and musical presentation. Any EQ peaks that need to be tamed to make the treble much less shrill?

P.S: After trying all the IEMs I have so far, I'm more inclined towards choosing an IEM for its durability, Isolation and comfort apart from SQ and bang-for-buck factor. Maybe I will even spend a little bit of premium for that lost in music feeling I get when I forget I'm wearing them. Obviously that means, no cable noise and has to be light-weight too! Too many factors to consider when buying. :) 

Channel imbalance is my biggest pet peeve in all of headphone audio, without question.  I've had a bad history with it. 

I just got the XE800 last week and haven't paid attention to the bass ports you mentioned.  I did have the same experience of having each side cut out on me unexpectedly as I adjusted the fit.  I'm curious now because I listened to them again tonight and had a better impression than my first go round and I'm wondering if it had something to do with what you mentioned about skin blocking the ports.  I've been wearing them down even though I typically prefer to go over-the-ear. 

I listened to some of Radioheads new album on my UM3X last night and found it a little muffled, but the tuning of the XE800 brought it alive tonight.  I wondered whether it was an issue with the recording initially, but the XE800 showed me it is not.  I've got mixed feelings about the adjustable nozzle, too.  I'm glad you brought up the possibility of the plastic not being properly drilled out because I'm going to look for that tomorrow. 

I also prefer a more musical presentation and am a bit of a bass head, so the XE800 aren't my preferred sound sig, but I like having the different option and felt better about them after a second listen.  I was worried they were too bright for me initially. 

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #34,603 of 35,472
Maybe read some reviews on the T-Peos Altone 200 or the more expensive but sublime big brother,
The T-Peos H300. Both could fit your preference, hope you get lots of suggestions.

Oooh, might get the 200. Don't need a $300 IEM but that looks nice as hell.

Sep 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #34,604 of 35,472
Sep 12, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #34,605 of 35,472
Man though, you told me end game 8/25 but today it's a myth.

End game doesn't mean you never try anything else. Just means you don't consider anything an upgrade. :p 

You can buy your dream car and still get some beaters. Or have your favorite pair of shoes and a couple sneakers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back