Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #34,218 of 35,472
Hi there! 8m new in the forum and I want to buy my first ever Chinese iems... Which ones would you recommend in the 20-30$ price range? I'll be using them for commuting and public transport, so good isolation is a must. From the sound standpoint I prefer balanced headphones with present sub-bass but that don't compromise mid range at all, although if highs are slightly recessed it's not that big of a deal. Also which tips would you recommend that I can buy from AliExpress? I've been thinking about spinfits, but I don't know which size to order and I wouldn't like to waste 5 bucks in a pair of tips... Sorry for the long post and thanks for bearing with me!

**** 4in1. You can wear them over ears and with a good fitting tip it shouldn't be a problem for commuting. KZ has some less expensive models that are a step down quality wise but still very listenable. KZ ZS3 and the ATE.

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #34,220 of 35,472
What's the Tenmark Pro like compared to the Piano? :O

Well, i had the tennmak piano but traded them for the Pros. I didnt like the piano because to my ears... They were really bright in sound and highs that i dont like.... Once i got the pros, i heard a big difference, at first it had a lot of bass, but then i did a mod on it and the sound cleared up and the bass controlled it self. The signture is warm neutralishh imo. :)

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #34,222 of 35,472
Whats the difference between Musikmaker TK12 and TK13? TK13 is listed on only two stores on Aliexpress. Banned one and AK Store. AK store currently has no ratings. 

I also see two versions of TK12. New version (TK12s) has detachable MMCX cable. 

Are these still head and shoulders above other IEMs under 100$. I say because TK12 has received rave reviews here.

Sep 7, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #34,223 of 35,472
  Could anybody help me to interpretate this chart?
What kind of sound signature?
Thanks.

Warm, with receded mids. Upper mids are spiked to bring vocals forwards while the upper-treble seems to be heavily modulated in an attempt to reduce harshness and sibilance.

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #34,224 of 35,472
Whats the difference between Musikmaker TK12 and TK13? TK13 is listed on only two stores on Aliexpress. Banned one and AK Store. AK store currently has no ratings. 

I also see two versions of TK12. New version (TK12s) has detachable MMCX cable. 

Are these still head and shoulders above other IEMs under 100$. I say because TK12 has received rave reviews here.

TK13 is a more refined sound with a bit better details than the 12 but the 12 has a bit more bass. Both are solid. Sometimes I wish I didn't sell my 12 to upgrade to the 13 and other times I'm glad.

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #34,225 of 35,472

I don't know Musky, I've yet to get a less than stellar product from Bob. The one thing you can count on if it's not all that he will trade you more than likely at original value of the unit he upgrades
biggrin.gif
For me it's a lot scarier to order a brand new Chinese custom iem for that kind of money!

Gotta emphatically agree here. I've bought 2 IEMS from them. First got delayed and I was going to be abroad with no mail access or even phone or email for 20 days and he graciously substituted an uprated product from what I ordered so I could have something before my 20 days at sea. Second time I got a cable that was frayed and they replaced no questions in days. Outstanding customer service, would not hesitate ever to buy another Trinity product.

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:17 PM Post #34,227 of 35,472
Well I grew impatient waiting for my 4in1s so I ordered some kz ed9s on amazon prime to satiate my thirst for new equipment... :D

They aren't bad. Still prefer the ATE bc it has better bass balance

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #34,228 of 35,472
Gotta emphatically agree here. I've bought 2 IEMS from them. First got delayed and I was going to be abroad with no mail access or even phone or email for 20 days and he graciously substituted an uprated product from what I ordered so I could have something before my 20 days at sea. Second time I got a cable that was frayed and they replaced no questions in days. Outstanding customer service, would not hesitate ever to buy another Trinity product.
that's good....still can't decide what to get....waiting on 4in1, really hate AliExpress shoppingm.

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #34,230 of 35,472
Even using the balanced tuning nozzle on ed9? If so that's okay,maybe they will do a bassy genre a bit better than 4in1. They were only 12 bucks with 2 day shipping so...:D

I got them brand new from Loomis. Only nozzle I have is what came installed on it. Idk if they didn't include it or what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back