Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #32,613 of 35,472
I would like to know if any one has both the 4 in 1 and the Musicmaker TK13/TO12. I am interested in  the 4 in 1 but not if it doesn't have killer bass.

Hey vapman, didn't you take the TO12 off your recommended basshead list? Just curious why?

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #32,614 of 35,472
Hey vapman, didn't you take the TO12 off your recommended basshead list? Just curious why?

After I took it off my list I think sellers realized they were causing too much confusion by calling it TK13 when it was actually  called TO12. I did not want to divert business to those who had chosen to title it the TK13 over those who called it the TO12.

When I bought my set I was told by the seller there was a tuneable bass port and open back design. I put them in my ears and was happy with the bass off the bat but the more I listened the less impressed I was. Eventually tore the grilles off the back to find out they were glued on to make it look like they were open when they weren't. I noticed they sounded too stuffy and tried to see how open the vents were... well there were none.

I can not prove this but I do not believe it has 2 BA's either. If it does, it really does not sound like it. I think it is a single DD and single BA.  I could be wrong. Edit: The reason I said this isn't "just because" - I found the exact shell this IEM uses on aliexpress as a DIY shell, I will link it up when I find it again, but it had a lot less hollow space than you would assume, and I am assuming because the shells look the same from the outside, that they are. I have also owned many 2 BA + 1DD and 1BA + 1DD IEMs and can tell the difference fairly easily. so if TO12 has 2 BA's, i'm going to say they are not as well tuned to each other than they could be.

It's the opposite effect of the KZ ZS3. The ZS3 i put in and was like "well this is okay but not amazing" and after a few hours of listening I am truly impressed. With the TO12 I was really impressed at first and then after a few hours of listening found it couldn't keep impressing me, and then the shape of it started to hurt my ears.

I'll rec the ZS3 over the TO12 any day.

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #32,615 of 35,472

After I took it off my list I think sellers realized they were causing too much confusion by calling it TK13 when it was actually  called TO12. I did not want to divert business to those who had chosen to title it the TK13 over those who called it the TO12.

When I bought my set I was told by the seller there was a tuneable bass port and open back design. I put them in my ears and was happy with the bass off the bat but the more I listened the less impressed I was. Eventually tore the grilles off the back to find out they were glued on to make it look like they were open when they weren't. I noticed they sounded too stuffy and tried to see how open the vents were... well there were none.

I can not prove this but I do not believe it has 2 BA's either. If it does, it really does not sound like it. I think it is a single DD and single BA.  I could be wrong.

It's the opposite effect of the KZ ZS3. The ZS3 i put in and was like "well this is okay but not amazing" and after a few hours of listening I am truly impressed. With the TO12 I was really impressed at first and then after a few hours of listening found it couldn't keep impressing me, and then the shape of it started to hurt my ears.

I'll rec the ZS3 over the TO12 any day.

If you like ZS3, you should try some TFZ's they are really amazing, especially the bass is good on them. I have 1 and 5, 1 has good hitting bass and the series 5 has amazing sub-bass, I prefer them over the ZS3. If you are a basshead you should also try HLSX 808 with back vents fully pierced.

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #32,616 of 35,472
  If you like ZS3, you should try some TFZ's they are really amazing, especially the bass is good on them. I have 1 and 5, 1 has good hitting bass and the series 5 has amazing sub-bass, I prefer them over the ZS3. If you are a basshead you should also try HLSX 808 with back vents fully pierced.

I have seen the TFZs for sale but never read a review of them yet. I'll check them out since you recommened them.

The HLSX 808 is not a bad IEM but it did not have nearly enough bass for me and I found it lacking in soundstage

Aug 11, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #32,617 of 35,472
I have over 350 hrs on my T012. Idk why you would questkon the number of drivers unless you actually open them. Seems pointless. I don't hear stuffy at all, tame highs give the impression of mid being forward a bit. We all hear differently though

Suit yourself on not trusting Easy. Just know that he was banned for some questionable tactics concerning this site to get sales but I've never questioned me buying from him and haven't heard of anyone else having issues buying from him.

Aug 11, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #32,618 of 35,472
I have over 350 hrs on my T012. Idk why you would questkon the number of drivers unless you actually open them. Seems pointless. I don't hear stuffy at all, tame highs give the impression of mid being forward a bit. We all hear differently though

Suit yourself on not trusting Easy. Just know that he was banned for some questionable tactics concerning this site to get sales but I've never questioned me buying from him and haven't heard of anyone else having issues buying from him.

Friend , I bought the tk13 ​​, but he did not come yet . I would like to have more information about them , especially as they are in relation to other items in your collection .

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #32,619 of 35,472
Friend , I bought the tk13 ​​, but he did not come yet . I would like to have more information about them , especially as they are in relation to other items in your collection .

Enjoy it for what it is. It's a smooth and refined IEM that fits most of not all genres. MM makes solid gear. I've had the TK12 but sold to upgrade to the 13. I also own the TK FengYin, their wood IEM which is about $20. Love it. I have their new woody the TKH1 on the way, it's about $40. I have a feeling it's to compete with the Shozy Zero. I am borrowing TwinACStacks Shockwave 3 and they are amazingly well done. I did have the MusicMaker TK71, I retuned it bc their was a minor issue with it having a weird airy scratching noise on certain songs. Not sure if tuning or defective, Twin said he briefly heard it on his pair but switched to different tips and it went away. No dice for me. When I didn't hear it they were very good.

For my personal IEM collection you can see my sig or profile. I put the 13 as my second favorite

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #32,620 of 35,472
2016-New-100-Original-SIMGOT-EN700-In-Ear-Earphone-DIY-HIFI-DJ-Earphone-Headset-Hot-Copper.jpg

very beautiful iem
gs1000.gif

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #32,622 of 35,472

+1! I'm quite happy with it's performance for that price.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #32,623 of 35,472
Enjoy it for what it is. It's a smooth and refined IEM that fits most of not all genres. MM makes solid gear. I've had the TK12 but sold to upgrade to the 13. I also own the TK FengYin, their wood IEM which is about $20. Love it. I have their new woody the TKH1 on the way, it's about $40. I have a feeling it's to compete with the Shozy Zero. I am borrowing TwinACStacks Shockwave 3 and they are amazingly well done. I did have the MusicMaker TK71, I retuned it bc their was a minor issue with it having a weird airy scratching noise on certain songs. Not sure if tuning or defective, Twin said he briefly heard it on his pair but switched to different tips and it went away. No dice for me. When I didn't hear it they were very good.

For my personal IEM collection you can see my sig or profile. I put the 13 as my second favorite

thanks for the information . Your first iem list , how they compare sw3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back