Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #31,966 of 35,472
just did a test. k4 sounds average on shanling m3 reaching 150 price range only
ph34r.gif

source imo is the most important in an audio chain

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #31,967 of 35,472
  just did a test. k4 sounds average on shanling m3 reaching 150 price range only
ph34r.gif

source imo is the most important in an audio chain

I contend it all starts with the media file, everything else from there is relative to many many things in the path
wink_face.gif
Better or not so better this or that
beerchug.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #31,968 of 35,472

I contend it all starts with the media file, everything else from there is relative to many many things in the path
wink_face.gif
Better or not so better this or that
beerchug.gif

yeap definitely! media file -> codec -> iem

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #31,969 of 35,472
  I don't think is the seal, so maybe I'm too sensitive to high frequencies. Sadly, I have don't have another pair to compare and see if mine is defective.

Happened to me once with Brainwvz M5 (I was looking for an upgrade for my M1, which I like lots). I tried them in a physical store and I liked them so I got a pair for a friend as a present. Some months later I bought a pair for me in the Brainwavz online store and... Piercieng highs (D:), even more annoying to what I feel with E107. Since I knew the sounf of M5 and concluded that they were defective (agh), that's what I think my E107 might be broken, too :frowning2: 

I have Brainwavz M1, they're well balanced, maybe laking a little warmth, but overall very good despite their age.
The E107 has much more bass under 500Hz and is fairly flat between 1kHz and 5kHz, so yours may be defective or Joyroom redesigned the iems and ruined them.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #31,970 of 35,472

Wow, I bet your seller with this pic will replace those for you. Wonder if the MassDrop 5's have this issue!

I'm just happy to know that I wasn't completely off my rocker when I said:
"Wow are these boomy, almost to the point of being "farty"
"Really heavy hits actually interfere with the rest of the sound causing a "buzz" similar to when you build a sub woofer box and haven't drilled the ports yet."

Turns out they REALLY WERE unvented. 

Instead of poking a needle into the bass vent, I've poked a needle into the filters and opened up all of those little dents where holes are supposed to be.

They're completely different headphones. These are the TFZ 5 I was expecting!

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #31,973 of 35,472
These **** 4 in 1 look pretty damn large. for a small asian ear like mine 

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #31,975 of 35,472
I believe that I may have figured out why my TFZ3 sound so much clearer than my TFZ5s. I think I may be a QC issue the filters on my Series 5 look like they were misstamped, and barely have any openings in them.

Attached is a pic of my series 3 on the left and series 5 on the right.

Something tells me that's not supposed to be like that.

Just remove that filter cover :)
Should help much

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #31,976 of 35,472

I have Brainwavz M1, they're well balanced, maybe laking a little warmth, but overall very good despite their age.
The E107 has much more bass under 500Hz and is fairly flat between 1kHz and 5kHz, so yours may be defective or Joyroom redesigned the iems and ruined them.

Since E107 is not expensive, I think I'll try getting a new pair and compare, I can't live with the doubt. Once I receive them, I'll let you know.
ph34r.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #31,977 of 35,472
Jul 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #31,979 of 35,472
  Anyone knows when the TFZ Series 7 will be available? 

I've heard nor seen any updates on the Jim, I personally don't care much for this design but to each their own. These look like a tail light in a chrome bumper and what is up with that MMCX cable design
confused_face_2.gif
I just want to be able to have attachable cables for my Series 1 and 3
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #31,980 of 35,472
Unless your on my budget, end game for me is FiiO M3>KZ ED9:blink:

End game is when you can be at peace with what you have and understand this market is propelling at an insane rate with money grabbing companies. There'll always be something newer, better in half the time of the last.

Set your budget, find your signature, shoot for the best you can. Then sit back and watch everyone continue going around the merry go round...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back