Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #31,741 of 35,472
Well, this is a disappointment. After waiting a week for lendmeurears to ship my tfz s5, then finally giving up and ordering from their store on Amazon... I got them today and they sent me the wrong headphones.

The label on the outside of the shrink wrap says series 5, but under the shrink wrap and on the front of the box it clearly says series 3.

LMUE cancelled my other order at my request and offered to refund me the 7% on my amazon order. So they've been very nice to work with via email. But it's disappointing that I'm going to have to contact them yet again, and now work out a way to get them returned and get the correct product.

Hopefully their good customer service continues. In the meantime, my KZ ATE continue to get the bulk of my head time. Far better sound than my tf10s or Monster Miles Davis edition, and they were only $14

Jul 23, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #31,742 of 35,472
Do you have the silver or translucent ATE? I've owned every version of the ATE and find the translucent with the bass vents to be my favorites. They EQ and can take lots of amp power awesome. can turn into legit basshead material if wanted.

Anyone else bought that AGPTek DAP? I may order one on Amazon Prime today.

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #31,744 of 35,472
Well, this is a disappointment. After waiting a week for lendmeurears to ship my tfz s5, then finally giving up and ordering from their store on Amazon... I got them today and they sent me the wrong headphones.

The label on the outside of the shrink wrap says series 5, but under the shrink wrap and on the front of the box it clearly says series 3.

LMUE cancelled my other order at my request and offered to refund me the 7% on my amazon order. So they've been very nice to work with via email. But it's disappointing that I'm going to have to contact them yet again, and now work out a way to get them returned and get the correct product.

Hopefully their good customer service continues. In the meantime, my KZ ATE continue to get the bulk of my head time. Far better sound than my tf10s or Monster Miles Davis edition, and they were only $14

Some sellers already have the TFZ with updated cables, try to get one with updated cables from LMUE.

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #31,745 of 35,472
My friend who isnt on headfi but really loves music wanted to ask all of you guys who have tried chinese and in general just a lot of iems some advice for buying new iems. I originally led him towards the hifiman re 400s but after breaking twice on him, his warranty disappeared and he grew a little reluctant to buy another because of the build. He wanted something fairly neutral but with a solid low end and preferably little to no sibilance. I believe the lack of bass from his re 400s got to him as he does like more bass than neutral. With a budget of 125 dollars, is there anything you guys could possibly recommend for him? It would be nice if it could offer good build or perhaps mmcx or 2-pin connections so he can just buy a wire as opposed to a new set of iems( unless of course the components within the housing would malfunction of course). :p
Thank you all in advance and ill relay your words directly to him via facebook! Perhaps I can also convince him to make his own head-fi account! :)

Jul 23, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #31,748 of 35,472
My friend who isnt on headfi but really loves music wanted to ask all of you guys who have tried chinese and in general just a lot of iems some advice for buying new iems. I originally led him towards the hifiman re 400s but after breaking twice on him, his warranty disappeared and he grew a little reluctant to buy another because of the build. He wanted something fairly neutral but with a solid low end and preferably little to no sibilance. I believe the lack of bass from his re 400s got to him as he does like more bass than neutral. With a budget of 125 dollars, is there anything you guys could possibly recommend for him? It would be nice if it could offer good build or perhaps mmcx or 2-pin connections so he can just buy a wire as opposed to a new set of iems( unless of course the components within the housing would malfunction of course).
tongue.gif

Thank you all in advance and ill relay your words directly to him via facebook! Perhaps I can also convince him to make his own head-fi account!
smily_headphones1.gif

He might really enjoy the non-chinese Sony XB90EX, but non removable cable.
He might also enjoy the sound of the Musicmaker TK13/TO12, but that's non removable cable too...
Unfortunately i haven't heard a set with killer low end and removable cable yetffrom of the Chinese makers.

Jul 23, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #31,752 of 35,472
@seobon He can always just go the super cheap and disposable route and get the QKZ W1 Pro, and if he likes it another pair as backup (if not only for the cable). Fairly neutral with a mild low end bump, removable cable (thought not MMCX or 2-pin). For under 10 bucks they're quite decent. They won't sound as good as the HiFiMan, but at least they would be something he wouldn't have to worry about.

Jul 23, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #31,753 of 35,472
My friend who isnt on headfi but really loves music wanted to ask all of you guys who have tried chinese and in general just a lot of iems some advice for buying new iems. I originally led him towards the hifiman re 400s but after breaking twice on him, his warranty disappeared and he grew a little reluctant to buy another because of the build. He wanted something fairly neutral but with a solid low end and preferably little to no sibilance. I believe the lack of bass from his re 400s got to him as he does like more bass than neutral. With a budget of 125 dollars, is there anything you guys could possibly recommend for him? It would be nice if it could offer good build or perhaps mmcx or 2-pin connections so he can just buy a wire as opposed to a new set of iems( unless of course the components within the housing would malfunction of course).
tongue.gif

Thank you all in advance and ill relay your words directly to him via facebook! Perhaps I can also convince him to make his own head-fi account!
smily_headphones1.gif

Musicmaker TK12s (with detachable cable):
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-MusicMaker-TK12s-Dynamically-And-BA-3-Unit-Headphone-HIFI-Fever-In-Ear-Earphone-As-K3003/1825606_32655266144.html

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #31,754 of 35,472
I wish the 13's came with removable cable too. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back