Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #31,111 of 35,472

Just found good price on ebay for discontinued Dodocool BA+DA earphones, actually cheapest price for hybrid earphones -17.8$

clone of I.Valux / HLSX BK35
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XDodocool+DA36.TRS0&_nkw=Dodocool+DA36&_sacat=0

looks like a bargain, thanks! i just placed my order.

I think this is reasonable price  but BK35/the dodocool is too strong bass for me and then this iem seems only for basshead.
Mine spend more than 75 hours to burn.  During 25 to 75 hours, BK35's signature is changing largely.  In particular expand a little bit soundstage and extend bass than the initial state.

I know about plenty of under $30 class iems and this is one of the strongest bass iems under $30.

Its bass quality is not tight

Jul 11, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #31,112 of 35,472
I received a package from Gearbest Friday, but couldn't pick it up at the post office until yesterday.

It contained Somic V2 and some bluetooth thingies, Bluedio N2.

Let's start with the Bluedio, 'cause that'll be quick. Very meh. Boomy, exaggerated bass, hollowed out mids, vocals sound like they are coming from inside a soup can. I didn't expect super SQ, more something that I could use while working out, but even with sort of low expectations, I'm disappointed, these really don't cut it..

On to the Somic V2.

Just to give some background: when it comes to over-ears, I've had the Takstar Pro80, which I liked a lot, and later upgraded to a pair of Soundmagic HP150, which I modded with a mod kit from True-Fi. They are awesome.

Just for fun, I ordered the ISK HP2011 on @1clearhead's recommendation, since he said they were similar to Pro80, but maybe even a bit better.

I don't have the Pro80 anymore (girlfriend fell in love with them), so I couldn't do an A/B, but from memory, I liked the Pro80 more than the ISK HP2011, but with a big reservation since I didn't have any higher tier stuff when I got the Pro80, which may have made me more picky. Because of that I don't want to bash the HP2011. The HP150 run circles around them, but that doesn't mean the HP2011 are bad, they are just not on the same level, which can't be expected either.

Never having had any open cans, I ordered the Somic V2 just to try. I was expecting big soundstage, "thinner" sound than my closed cans, maybe a bit bass light. And sure, the V2 don't have the same sub bass foundation that the HP150 have, but I was actually surprised by how solid the low end felt compared to what I was expecting.

I'm not good enough at judging headphones to feel comfortable with saying too much. like details on sound signature etc, yet. However, OOTB they are are actually very good. When I A/B'd the ISK HP2011 and the HP150, I clearly felt that the ISK HP2011 was a lower tier headphone, but the V2 didn't necessarily feel that much worse than the HP150 on a quick comparison. Different, sure, but the SQ, soundstage etc is really good, a LOT better than I was expecting for the $36 I paid (@George-gearbest posted a coupon code in the Somic thread, unfortunately expired yesteday..).

I'll do some more A/B/C with the HP150 and ISK HP2011 and keep you guys updated, but if someone is interested in a pair of really good bang-for-the-buck open headphones, you might want to consider the V2.

Jul 11, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #31,113 of 35,472
Thanks about info on Somic V2. If LZ A2S turns out "perfect" for my ears, then I`m thinking about jumping on Somic V2. Would be nice to compare with modified HD-681(red). 

Jul 11, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #31,115 of 35,472
Thanks for the suggestion!
redface.gif
So different IEMs are definitely the way to go? Any recommended sellers?

Only place I can find t71 (apart from banned store) is Shenzen HCKexin. Had good experience with them in the past.

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #31,117 of 35,472
Is T71 really that good? I haven`t seen much praise over them, only from few ppl here. Isn`t BK50 with same price tag better choice? 
rolleyes.gif
 I doubt T71 can provide better resolution than BA+DD configuration, maybe same level but main difference will be high-mids and highs resolution and "separation" from rest frequencies.

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #31,119 of 35,472
Has anyone reviewed the T71? Can't find anything through the site search.

Anyone else got a take on T71 vs BK50 (or anything else)?

Cheers!

I think @Lurk650 is the only one who has T71 so far and there are only a couple people with BK50 so you won't find much info on either of them yet.

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #31,120 of 35,472
Well, if You consider BK50 an upgrade over HLSX808 (even in modified configuration), then it says quite a lot about them imo, plenty of impressions on 808.

Jul 11, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #31,121 of 35,472
Is T71 really that good? I haven`t seen much praise over them, only from few ppl here. Isn`t BK50 with same price tag better choice? :rolleyes:  I doubt T71 can provide better resolution than BA+DD configuration, maybe same level but main difference will be high-mids and highs resolution and "separation" from rest frequencies.

Only three people have ordered them on AE last I checked their site and I'm the only one who has posted about them

Jul 11, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #31,122 of 35,472

I think this is reasonable price  but BK35/the dodocool is too strong bass for me and then this iem seems only for basshead.
Mine spend more than 75 hours to burn.  During 25 to 75 hours, BK35's signature is changing largely.  In particular expand a little bit soundstage and extend bass than the initial state.

I know about plenty of under $30 class iems and this is one of the strongest bass iems under $30.

Its bass quality is not tight

thanks for the info. i read about these before buying, and i thought for ~17gbp, it well worth the gamble.

btw what would be your suggestion for tight(er) bass, natural sound signature, small size, for rock/metal music, around ~50$?

Jul 11, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #31,124 of 35,472
thanks for the info. i read about these before buying, and i thought for ~17gbp, it well worth the gamble.

btw what would be your suggestion for tight(er) bass, natural sound signature, small size, for rock/metal music, around ~50$?

I wrote it is not tight but this is from my image.(sorry for posting inaccuracy comment )

I checked some iems, Dulcimar, DZAT  DR-10. DR-20,BK35/w spin-fit ear-tips, KC-06A /w SO200 ear-tips
KC06A is not strong bass but high resolution.

KC06 /w SO200 : a little bit tighter, lighter sound and narrower soundstage than BK-35 
BK-35 /w spinfit:  tighter bass and  wider soundstage than Dulcimer , DR-10, DR-20. 
spin-fit ear tips create tighter sound and a little bit lesser bass. 
Through this conformation, I understand spin-fit is very effective ear tips for BK 35/ the dodocool. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back