Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #26,941 of 35,472

i got a fifth gen, upon purchasing back in 2012 the salesguy suggests that i buy the extended warranty of another 1 year, because the battery tends to fail out.. i did.. and after 2 years, the battery did fail out, full charge only got me 3 hours max if not less.. sold it off for cheap and got me a cheap FiiO M3.. i dunno whether apple improved the battery issue for 6th gen... and im not sure whether the 4th gen also got this issue.. but the 5th definitely got battery issue. initially it was a superb dap, it got fast charging too (way earlier than OPPO claim it to be the 1st fast charging device).. 

Have had this 4th Gen since I think 2013 or 2014 and they came out in 2010. I can't remember if this one is a refurb or not but it still holds its charge perfectly fine. I don't even think about charging it, mainly b/c it charges in the car, but still it holds up very well so far. 

I was actually just looking at the M3 before you posted. $55 and shipped Amazon Prime. Might spend the money to try out and see if I like it.

The one negative to the iPod I thought of is the storage. Mine is a 32gb and I'm at about 28gb I believe. Esp with the ALAC files I've been putting on the last few months. 

May 6, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #26,942 of 35,472
Have had this 4th Gen since I think 2013 or 2014 and they came out in 2010. I can't remember if this one is a refurb or not but it still holds its charge perfectly fine. I don't even think about charging it, mainly b/c it charges in the car, but still it holds up very well so far. 

I was actually just looking at the M3 before you posted. $55 and shipped Amazon Prime. Might spend the money to try out and see if I like it.

The one negative to the iPod I thought of is the storage. Mine is a 32gb and I'm at about 28gb I believe. Esp with the ALAC files I've been putting on the last few months. 

its Apple, you had to manage with the storage given.. for non big itunes user the storage will be limited.. plus any non simple drag n drop is a pain for me haha.. i think M3 is good enough as a budget player, the ui is simple, take some getting used to, n its mechanical button kind of old school but very eficient.. pair it with a good amp and yoy got a quality sound right there.. without amp it sounded good too.. u got more than u paid for imo, its 50bucks.. wont hit ur wallet too bad so u can save some when u upgrade haha

May 6, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #26,943 of 35,472
its Apple, you had to manage with the storage given.. for non big itunes user the storage will be limited.. plus any non simple drag n drop is a pain for me haha.. i think M3 is good enough as a budget player, the ui is simple, take some getting used to, n its mechanical button kind of old school but very eficient.. pair it with a good amp and yoy got a quality sound right there.. without amp it sounded good too.. u got more than u paid for imo, its 50bucks.. wont hit ur wallet too bad so u can save some when u upgrade haha

Both use a Cirrus Logic, I wonder how similar the SQ is. How is it compared to your 5th Gen?

May 6, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #26,944 of 35,472
  Oh god, anyone watched the unboxing video for AUGLAMOUR R8 In Ear Earphones!? It all reeks premium everywhere, and 31USD free shipping plus cool carry case!? Totally make my heart itch!
Did anyone tried it? how does it sounds compare to the TFZ SERIES 1 dual BA?

BY @CoiL
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-Newest-Original-AUGLAMOUR-R8-In-Ear-Earphones-Ear-Hook-Metal-Earphones-Upgrade-HIFI-Headphones-DIY/32495451792.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.3.Ns8j78&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_2_10037_10034_10033_507_10032_10020_10017_10021_10022_10009_10008_9999_10018_10019,searchweb201603_9&btsid=ebc5d11b-b0f4-4204-9835-806dec099e9c

That's a great package, but when it comes to sound, the competition is though.
They're small compared to other ciem style earphones and are quite heavy, you don't want to let them hang around your neck.
Sound is ok for me, fairly balanced but lacking in the mids with a raising FR.
If sound quality is your goal:
**** UES: bulkier but hybrid and great sounding for the same price.

I should get these soon, but you can safely have a look at:
-HLSX-808 great hybrid for the price ( recommended by 1clearhead ).
-Easy UEs ciem style too, dual DD with crossover ( recommended by Twin ).
-Shozy Zero single DD that is receiving a lot of praise at the moment.
-PMV-A01 DD+dual BA ( recommended by peter123, he would also recommend the Havi B3 )

May 6, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #26,945 of 35,472
So here's the question, which one is more comfortable? 808 or shozy zero, also do you guys think that something like tk12 or tk13 is THAT much better?

Anyway any other comfortable to wear and nonfatiguing IEMs that are around $100 max?

Thank you so much

Both 808s and Zeros are very comfortable for extended listening ( all day )

Both offer equally enjoyable sound quality but have very different signatures as ones a DD+dual BA and the other is DD. If you have $100 Id recommended getting both!

May 6, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #26,946 of 35,472

That's a great package, but when it comes to sound, the competition is though.
They're small compared to other ciem style earphones and are quite heavy, you don't want to let them hang around your neck.
Sound is ok for me, fairly balanced but lacking in the mids with a raising FR.
If sound quality is your goal:
**** UES: bulkier but hybrid and great sounding for the same price.

I should get these soon, but you can safely have a look at:
-HLSX-808 great hybrid for the price ( recommended by 1clearhead ).
-Easy UEs ciem style too, dual DD with crossover ( recommended by Twin ).
-Shozy Zero single DD that is receiving a lot of praise at the moment.
-PMV-A01 DD+dual BA ( recommended by peter123, he would also recommend the Havi B3 )

oh my, another thumbs down for the heavy fit.... 
Yup, the Shozy Zero sure is tempting.

about the pmva01 FR chart (Courtesy of the PMV - A01 thread) looks like :
900x900px-LL-330bd31f_FRvent.jpeg

Which, I thought looks strikingly similar to the FLC8s! Wonder if it will sound close as good...

May 6, 2016 at 2:04 AM Post #26,947 of 35,472
Received my VE Monk+ yesterday. It's a stunning sounding ear bud for the price. It goes straight to the top of my list along with the Joyroom E107. Each does certain things very wel. The Monks have amazing soundstage, instrument placement and a very natural sounding tone whilst the Joyroom win on Bass, detail retrieval and impact.

I thoroughly recommend either

May 6, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #26,948 of 35,472

about the pmva01 FR chart (Courtesy of the PMV - A01 thread) looks like :
900x900px-LL-330bd31f_FRvent.jpeg

Which, I thought looks strikingly similar to the FLC8s! Wonder if it will sound close as good...

Yep, that was me (the graph). 
smile.gif

Green is blocked vent, orange is free vent. In one's ears, bass quantity will be somewhere in-between, depending on the proximity of the inner-facing vent to one's ears.

Although the PMV is a very very solid offering at its price point (and I like it as well, although fit and the vent placements are quite meeh), I would rather take the UPQ Q-music QE50 which is an OEM of the Fidue A73 but costs just $99 (MSRP, might vary depending on the region). The UPQ/Fidue is more detailed sounding. And the FLC8s is a totally different level.

May 6, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #26,949 of 35,472

Yep, that was me (the graph). 
smile.gif

Green is blocked vent, orange is free vent. In one's ears, bass quantity will be somewhere in-between, depending on the proximity of the inner-facing vent to one's ears.

Although the PMV is a very very solid offering at its price point (and I like it as well, although fit and the vent placements are quite meeh), I would rather take the UPQ Q-music QE50 which is an OEM of the Fidue A73 but costs just $99 (MSRP, might vary depending on the region). The UPQ/Fidue is more detailed sounding. And the FLC8s is a totally different level.

You always produce horrible looking graphs lol... I saw your Shozy Zero graph too and the bass also took off on a rocket to mars hahaha.... 
biggrin.gif

but I guess honest graphs should indeed look like that, keep up the good faith buddy! and thanks for the heads up on QE50, its a beautiful piece indeed.

May 6, 2016 at 4:55 AM Post #26,950 of 35,472
HiFiChris, do You have HLSX808 also and can You compare it to A73 ? latter has been long time on my wish-list.

May 6, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #26,952 of 35,472
@Ewen
 @peter123
 @Podster
 @Wokei
 Say what has a similar sound signature to the B3 or other great bang for the buck IEMs at twice the price, around 100$? I might as well get an upgrade

I'm sorry but I haven't heard anything that's not much more expensive that betters the Havi andkeeps a similar signature. Haven't really heard anything below $100 that's better either (imo of course), the SHOZY Zero and PMV-A01 is on the same level to me but different.....

May 6, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #26,954 of 35,472

@Ewen
 @peter123
 @Podster
 @Wokei
 Say what has a similar sound signature to the B3 or other great bang for the buck IEMs at twice the price, around 100$? I might as well get an upgrade

I'm sorry but I haven't heard anything that's not much more expensive that betters the Havi andkeeps a similar signature. Haven't really heard anything below $100 that's better either (imo of course), the SHOZY Zero and PMV-A01 is on the same level to me but different.....

One note though - Havi B3 MUST be amped. Without amping, for me, it was kind of meh (though soundstage and separation was amazing).

May 6, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #26,955 of 35,472
  One note though - Havi B3 MUST be amped. Without amping, for me, it was kind of meh (though soundstage and separation was amazing).

Valid point 
beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back