Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #25,966 of 35,472
  Hey y'all just wanna thank bhazard and all of the members discussing here. This thread wouldn't be the beast it is now if not for your discoveries and discussions. 
beerchug.gif

So back on topic, I ordered the KZ ED9 on 1st of April and looks the they've finally arrived in my country. Can't wait to hear them!

Also ordered Havi B3 yesterday to get a taste of that soundstage. I know both of 'em are quite old considering howq much new earphones China churns out but these two had been in my wishlist for a longtime so i went with them. I Hope I've made the right decision! 
tongue.gif

Those two are excellent choices to start out with and get hooked. Make sure to use an amp with the Havi, as it needs a ton of power. Both are unique and special in their own way, yet both are excellent values.

Apr 20, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #25,967 of 35,472
I was not expecting to re-open a touchy subject.
Anyway no price has been published and none will be.
Prices were given via PM, no need to give any reference except that you are from Head-Fi.
As far as I'm concerned, if I get accused of trying to make money, I think I can easily defend myself.

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #25,968 of 35,472
Asking this question again...Just picked up the Rock Zircon and want to try the Auvio tips. The stock clear medium Zircon tips that came installed when I opened that package fit my ear well so what size Auvio should I pickup?

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #25,969 of 35,472
  Asking this question again...Just picked up the Rock Zircon and want to try the Auvio tips. The stock clear medium Zircon tips that came installed when I opened that package fit my ear well so what size Auvio should I pickup?

I just looked at my Zirc medium and it's smaller than the large Auvio tips I own. Not sure if this helps as I think I remember someone saying large Auvio's were not as large as some of their other tips but I've had a lot of coffee today
L3000.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #25,970 of 35,472

Large should be fine. Hell they are cheap enough to buy both Medium and Large for about $10 shipped. Some of my IEMs I use Med and some of them I use Large

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #25,972 of 35,472
Those two are excellent choices to start out with and get hooked. Make sure to use an amp with the Havi, as it needs a ton of power. Both are unique and special in their own way, yet both are excellent values.

That's reassuring. Thanks!

Yeah I've seen a lot of people recommending an amp for b3. I'll buy the nx1 or nx2 in coming week then. :D

Apr 20, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #25,974 of 35,472
That's reassuring. Thanks!

Yeah I've seen a lot of people recommending an amp for b3. I'll buy the nx1 or nx2 in coming week then.
biggrin.gif

The one has more power but at a cost of more noise floor, I believe the NX2 is cleaner and more refined as well as a better stacking shape and overall size
wink_face.gif
As an FYI my NX2 drives my Havi B3 just fine, one of my favorite rigs with FiiO X3ii
tongue_smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #25,975 of 35,472
The one has more power but at a cost of more noise floor, I believe the NX2 is cleaner and more refined as well as a better stacking shape and overall size:wink_face: As an FYI my NX2 drives my Havi B3 just fine, one of my favorite rigs with FiiO X3ii:tongue_smile:
:beerchug:

+1, I agree with this

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #25,976 of 35,472
I'm okay if someone posted here that he recently bought a xduoo x3 for $88 from HCk. However, I would think some back dealing is going on if someone would keep recommending a specific seller. It's a fine line.

Nonetheless, I appreciate all the honest reviews over here. I would not have known that I could get it for that low price too. I bought many iems here because I could afford to give them away now.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #25,977 of 35,472
I'm okay if someone posted here that he recently bought a xduoo x3 for $88 from HCk. However, I would think some back dealing is going on if someone would keep recommending a specific seller. It's a fine line.

Nonetheless, I appreciate all the honest reviews over here. I would not have known that I could get it for that low price too. I bought many iems here because I could afford to give them away now.

I agree with you entirely on both your points.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #25,978 of 35,472
Bought the VE Monk Plus and MrZ Tomahawk earbuds this morning on AliExpress - guess I'll see how they perform when they show up in the next weeks/months, depending on how quick the snail mail is.
The Shozy Cygnus showed up today as well and my initial 10 minutes listening impression was promising. Gotta concentrate on other things first and also put them through the burn-in thingie as Shozy requires.

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #25,979 of 35,472
  Bought the VE Monk Plus and MrZ Tomahawk earbuds this morning on AliExpress - guess I'll see how they perform when they show up in the next weeks/months, depending on how quick the snail mail is.
The Shozy Cygnus showed up today as well and my initial 10 minutes listening impression was promising. Gotta concentrate on other things first and also put them through the burn-in thingie as Shozy requires.

Just a suggestion from a fellow cygnus user. Full foams feel the most balanced and offers best soundstage for me. 

Apr 20, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #25,980 of 35,472
@yacobx 

Thanks for the suggestion! They already came with installed doughnut covers and that's how I used them in that short time. Sounded really nice, with rather dark treble and prominent but not overwhelming and well extending bass plus quite natural mids. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back