Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #24,796 of 35,472
p.s. stay away from Bhiner. I've got scammed twice in a row. $180 evaporated...
mad.gif

Paul

Mar 31, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #24,798 of 35,472
  p.s. stay away from Bhiner. I've got scammed twice in a row. $180 evaporated...
mad.gif

Paul

Aww man sorry to hear that.. Thanks for the PSA.

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #24,799 of 35,472
  Slicker UI is less of a concern for me, plus sometimes slicker is more complex for the sake of trying to be slicker. I never sort so I have no experience with that. I simply have my files tagged properly and browse by artist or album, nothing else. I also typically don't stick everything on my player, just enough variety to cover what I'm currently listening to. My needs are pretty modest, so SQ is my top priority amd Neutron seems to be a solid contender.

Yeah. When it comes to SQ. It's always the best player to go for. It will even make Viper4Android pointless to use. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #24,800 of 35,472
NM

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #24,801 of 35,472
Anyone have any info/opinions on the Pisen HD500? It's supposedly a full metal, closed back hifi headphone.

It also comes in a black/silver/blue variation. The price seems to be about $55. At the very least they look beautiful, but I wonder if anyone has heard them?

Mar 31, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #24,802 of 35,472
  Any chance for you to try the TG800? Would love to hear what the difference between them is, since I like the FL800 :)

Nah, the jump in price is pretty big for me for a single driver. I'm satisfied with my FL800's.
etysmile.gif

get in there, there's thousands. Also check out the Taobao agents mistertao.com and bhiner.com and also others. You'll need to order through them as you can only order directly from Taobao if you live in China or Singapore or wherevs.

Hybrid: 圈铁
BA: 动铁
DD: 动圈

Courtesy of another head-fier, punch some of that straight into Taobao.
Works better than going to mistertao and using its auto translate.

Good looking out! It works very well for searching the Chinese based taobao website!
beerchug.gif

Anyone have any info/opinions on the Pisen HD500? It's supposedly a full metal, closed back hifi headphone.

It also comes in a black/silver/blue variation. The price seems to be about $55. At the very least they look beautiful, but I wonder if anyone has heard them?

I'm skeptical about Pisen. I've tried several of their in-ear earphones and was very dissatisfied.
frown.gif

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #24,803 of 35,472

Interesting. Even if they prove to be half-decent sounding, they do seem to be great material for modifications (exchange drivers, make them open back etc.).

Mar 31, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #24,804 of 35,472
You'd have to have balls of steel or a head of steel to order them!

Or $250 your willing to try them out with, never know till you try Skully
wink_face.gif
If I find them to be super awesome should I let you know
rolleyes.gif

"That said I do find that twin drivers can bring a lot to the table if properly implemented."

Glad you put that second line in there RedT, you relieved a bunch of multi driver manufacturers
blink.gif
LOL

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #24,806 of 35,472
Or $250 your willing to try them out with, never know till you try Skully:wink_face: If I find them to be super awesome should I let you know:rolleyes:

"That said I do find that twin drivers can bring a lot to the table if properly implemented."

Glad you put that second line in there RedT, you relieved a bunch of multi driver manufacturers:blink: LOL
yeah man, someone's gotta take one for the team! Twin and I took one for the team with the EarKegs but because they have the MusicMaker brand on them. They are awesome!

Who was that guy a few pages back that said he could read Cantonese? Maybe he can translate the Taobao reviews
on that 6 driver per side iem! If you run them through the google translator they become a mess. Chinese to English dosnt translate well.

Mar 31, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #24,808 of 35,472
yeah man, someone's gotta take one for the team! Twin and I took one for the team with the EarKegs but because they have the MusicMaker brand on them. They are awesome!

Who was that guy a few pages back that said he could read Cantonese? Maybe he can translate the Taobao reviews
on that 6 driver per side iem! If you run them through the google translator they become a mess. Chinese to English dosnt translate well.

The reviews are pretty typical across Taobao. Without much detail. yknow, generic comments like they sound good.. Bass is present, treble is present etc.

I've ordered one so just be patient before mine arrives and I'll provide a review in full headfi glossary glory to the best of my abilities.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back