Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #24,166 of 35,472
I'm a little sad when it comes to my He400. I think after listening to my hd700 for a couple years, I just don't enjoy the he400 as much anymore. Maybe I should sell it.

Mar 22, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #24,167 of 35,472
  There's no such thing, lots of options available honestly and Chinese manufacturers have improved their game in last year.

Still I'd throw out few recommendations which are popular in recent days. 

VE Monk, 

According to me the VE Monk (~$8 including shipping) is the king of VFM. More honorable mentions are Joyroom E107, KZ EDR2.

There are many more to mention. Let know  your budget bracket and accordingly people may help.

Not the first time I've heard the Monk recommended. I actually bought the Zen and Runabout amp a couple months ago. 

Mar 22, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #24,168 of 35,472
KZ EDR2 is very good for $5, and it benefits greatly from EQ. 
biggrin.gif
 The first time I listen to it, i was like "meh, just another bass can", then I switch to some old track (80s, 90s stuff) and I was surprise that the bloated bass is gone 
dt880smile.png
 Mid is a little V-shape, Treb sounds nice.

Just joined the TINGO FL800 Fan club by having it ordered from taobao, I hope it'll be another p/p monster, my wallet gonna hate this 
ph34r.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #24,169 of 35,472
In my experience EDR2 are not all about bass,quite the contrary, I hear them as bright, detailed with nice highs, bass is tight and punchy not muddy :) truly nice earphones for peanuts :) now testing KZ ATE, nhlean96 waiting for your review of Tingo FL800, I'm thinking about buying them and Joyroom E107, oh boy cursed be the day I came here... :)

Mar 22, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #24,170 of 35,472
In my experience EDR2 are not all about bass,quite the contrary, I hear them as bright, detailed with nice highs, bass is tight and punchy not muddy :) truly nice earphones for peanuts :) now testing KZ ATE, nhlean96 waiting for your review of Tingo FL800, I'm thinking about buying them and Joyroom E107, oh boy cursed be the day I came here... :)

There're some mini reviews of the FL800 you can find in this thread, @1clearhead and @anticute love them a lot
k701smile.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #24,171 of 35,472
receive lz a3, had a 30 minutes of listening. first impression is that it is worth the price. the sound is unique. The deep bass is quite weak (the heart stopping booming effect). The clarity is there. Most impress by the extremely wide sound stage. It has a gentle and smooth sound signature, good for female vocal. The cons will be weak bass, colouring and wire kinda of fragile. The pros will be the sound stage, and vocal and clarity. 
i feel it win the fake ie800 in soundstage too. 

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #24,173 of 35,472
receive lz a3, had a 30 minutes of listening. first impression is that it is worth the price. the sound is unique. The deep bass is quite weak (the heart stopping booming effect). The clarity is there. Most impress by the extremely wide sound stage. It has a gentle and smooth sound signature, good for female vocal. The cons will be weak bass, colouring and wire kinda of fragile. The pros will be the sound stage, and vocal and clarity. 
i feel it win the fake ie800 in soundstage too. 
Burn them in friend and I guarantee your opinion on the bass will change.

Mar 22, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #24,174 of 35,472
Decided to bring my VJJB K4 with me to work since I haven't listened to them for probably 2 months, and felt they were just ok. Put my Auvios on and listened to them on my quick walk to the car. There are actually damn good, $16 shipped right now using the AE app. They are def worth it. The soundstage is definitely wider than I had remembered, clarity/details are really good, bass is also very good but need more listening to really get a hold of the sound of it, non fatiguing listen.

EDIT: Originally had the Medium Auvios on this morning and it sounded fine, then a bit ago when I went to listen more there was no bass unless I pressed in. Switched to Large and all was perfect. Mid bass (like kicks) have nice impact but the sub bass is rolled off. Midrange seems to be forward. Rap music doesn't sound great on these but everything else from Pop to Rock to Jazz sounds damn good. 

Mar 22, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #24,175 of 35,472
Yeah, I read good priases for that micro-dynamic,seems like a decent offering as a whole package.....you may want to take a look on these too,Tennmak dulcimer and Xiaomi hybrids.Hope you done your research piston 3 too?.

i made a research before and went with the rock zircon instead of Xiaomi piston/hybrid. definitely a good decision. i was comparing between Joyroom-E107 and Tingo-IE-FL800 but i think i will save more to get a dap because i am tired of my Xperia Z2. i guess i will go with this xduoo X2 bundle from tennmak in sale

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #24,176 of 35,472

i made a research before and went with the rock zircon instead of Xiaomi piston/hybrid. definitely a good decision. i was comparing between Joyroom-E107 and Tingo-IE-FL800 but i think i will save more to get a dap because i am tired of my Xperia Z2. i guess i will go with this xduoo X2 bundle from tennmak in sale

Nice bundle! But, do understand that the Tingle FL800 does not try to imitate the Sennheiser IE800 like many others do. The FL800 are more focused on clarity and transparency and are geared towards monitoring purposes. It's a chance your willing to take when others are trying to imitate the original IE800's, but end up too bass driven.

.....But, if you like bass to be the main part of the sound signature, than I say; Go for it! 
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #24,177 of 35,472
I got my LZ Z03A today however there is a buzzling, rattling sound on the left earpiece. The noise is constant with any kind of bass. Seems like it is from the driver itself. I'll contact with Easy store and ask for a replacement. Damn!

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #24,178 of 35,472
I got my LZ Z03A today however there is a buzzling, rattling sound on the left earpiece. The noise is constant with any kind of bass. Seems like it is from the driver itself. I'll contact with Easy store and ask for a replacement. Damn!

Unfortunately, this could happen to any of us. I hope they honor your request. Plus, I think Easy store is reliable and everything should be okay.

Mar 22, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #24,179 of 35,472

Nice bundle! But, do understand that the Tingle FL800 does not try to imitate the Sennheiser IE800 like many others do. They are more focused on clarity and transparency and are geared towards monitoring purposes. It's a chance your willing to take when others are trying to imitate the original IE800's, but end up too bass driven.

.....But, if you like bass to be the main part of the sound signature, than I say; Go for it! 
wink.gif

i don't really want another bassy iem. my zircon got enough bass
biggrin.gif
. maybe i will go for KZ HDS3 for 7$ and save my money 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back