Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #22,546 of 35,472

Letv All-metal. Less than $10 on Aliexpress. The best bang for the buck since a very long time IMHO.
(I know, Twin : you're about to hammer them. But for a lot of people, like my fellow comrades on french audio forum Tellement Nomade, they are simply giant killers.
Very clear sound, balanced and all, analytical signature, with plenty of details and a splendid accuracy for instrument tones rendering. Some prefer them to the FLC8S...)

Joyroom E107 are amazing too, darker but very impactful. Far less balanced, though.

Links for the Letv All-metaL with below $10 price??
tnx
 ok found them  (By the way how do I completely delete a post???)

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #22,549 of 35,472

I know this doesn't help. maybe you should Wait for the LZ Z03a which all ready has a review by Paulpark who happens to own the LZ A2. He thinks quite highly of the new Z03A and considers it a SIDE Step to the A2 not a downgrade. Even though it is substantially less expensive.

My only concern in Paul's review http://www.head-fi.org/products/lz-z03a/reviews/15176 is his "Cons: sibilance-sensitive users might find uncomfortable for long listening session."   Like you I have a distain for overly bright earphones.  So I see this as a red flag for me.

Ok, LZ Z03A seems to be next hype train... but... for example, at 30$ price tag I`m already thinking about Fidue A65 and some others. My question: Is LZ trying to catch more buyers with this price tag and really IS great sounding IEM... or... for example, previously mentioned Fidue A65 would be still higher SQ in real world? Too much hyping in these days about cheaper bang-for-buck IEMs and many get "burned" by real results
rolleyes.gif

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #22,550 of 35,472
Ok, LZ Z03A seems to be next hype train... but... for example, at 30$ price tag I`m already thinking about Fidue A65 and some others. My question: Is LZ trying to catch more buyers with this price tag and really IS great sounding IEM... or... for example, previously mentioned Fidue A65 would be still higher SQ in real world? Too much hyping in these days about cheaper bang-for-buck IEMs and many get "burned" by real results:rolleyes:

Don't know. I'm all ready spoiled by 4 or 5 really good phones recently. I am due to get these tomorrow and I will try to give an initial impression without hype. I don't have the LZA2 however sp I can't give an impression of how they compare.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #22,551 of 35,472
Letv All-metal. Less than $10 on Aliexpress. The best bang for the buck since a very long time IMHO.
(I know, Twin : you're about to hammer them. But for a lot of people, like my fellow comrades on french audio forum Tellement Nomade, they are simply giant killers.
Very clear sound, balanced and all, analytical signature, with plenty of details and a splendid accuracy for instrument tones rendering. Some prefer them to the FLC8S...)

Joyroom E107 are amazing too, darker but very impactful. Far less balanced, though.

Heck, I would not worry about Twin because they look worth $10 in build quality alone:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Besides the fact all those Frenchmen can't be wrong in what they are hearing:smiley: I remember a time when I jumped on the Twin Zircon hype train and after amassing 3 dozen $10 iem's the Zircon's are the least impressive to me now:smirk: For $10 we don't have a lot to loose and if I don't like a $10 iem I just give it away:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mind you this is not my philosophy when they start getting over the $50 mark:hushed: On the same token IMHO a giant would be $300 and up when being challenged by $10 Chinese iem's. For me the real challenge are those iem's that fall between the $50 and $300 range, I know a can't afford to play the oh it's only $10 and easy to check out so getting a true measure in this price range is a little trickier for me. For me my only true giant killers in my collection are my Havi B3 Pro 1's and Trinity Techne's! I'll give more update on my recently ordered HCK A2's once they arrive and I'll give Honorable mention to my FiiO/Dunu Titan's because (at least to me) they are worth twice their price but remember we all hear differently so all this is just based on my hearing:stuck_out_tongue: YMMV

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #22,552 of 35,472
Heck, I would not worry about Twin because they look worth $10 in build quality alone:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Besides the fact all thise Frenchmen can't be wrong in what they are hearing:smiley: I remember a time when I jumped on the Twin Zirconhype train and after amassing 3 dozen $10 iem's the Zircon's are the least impressive to me now:smirk: For $10 we don't have a lot to loose and if I don't like a $10 iem I just give it away:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Mind you this is not my phylosophy when they start getting over the $50 mark:hushed: On the same token IMHO a giant would be $300 and up when being challenged by $10 Chinese iem's. For me the real challenge are those iem's that fall between the $50 and $300 range, I know a can't afford to play tge oh it's only $10 and easy to check out so getting a true measurr in thus price range is a lit trickier for me. For me my only true giant killers in my collection are my Havi B3 Pro 1's and Trinity Techne's! I'll give more update on my recently ordered HCK A2's once they arrive and I'll give Honorable mention to my FiiO/Dunu Titan's because (at least to me) they are worth twice their price but remember we all hear dufferently so all this is just based on my hearing:stuck_out_tongue: YMMV

Mind telling which is your favorite $10 IEM? :)

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #22,553 of 35,472
Mind telling which is your favorite $10 IEM? :)

Personally I'm done playing around with budget iems. They were fun to play around with but now they all sit in my drawer. They really can't compete with the better quality more expensive stuff that is out here now.

Then you end up with $300 or more of iems sitting around not being used that you could have used to buy a GOOD pair of Iems or upgrade your DAP.

JMHO
BTW I still like the Zircon even though I don't use it much anymore.

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #22,554 of 35,472
Personally I'm done playing around with budget iems. They were fun to play around with but now they all sit in my drawer. They really can't compete with the better quality more expensive stuff that is out here now.

Then you end up with $300 or more of iems sitting around not being used that you could have used to buy a GOOD pair of Iems or upgrade your DAP.

JMHO

I'm at that point myself. I might get the Z03As though if you recommend them as giant killers. In TWIN we trust :wink:.

Feb 15, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #22,555 of 35,472
I am really happy with the FL800, and was actually thinking of taking a break for a while, but then @1clearhead started talking about the Sendiy M2 as similar but better, so there we go.. But after that, I'm done for a while. I think................

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #22,557 of 35,472
subscribing to this thread...by the way, what country is the Vmoda brand?

From Wikipedia :

Locations
The company has offices in Hollywood, California in USA and a design studio in Milan, Italy. Regional offices are also located in London and Hong Kong. The firm assembles custom products in Los Angeles and has factories in Japan and Shenzhen China. V-MODA has sales channels in Italy, France, Germany, UK, Spain, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Russia, Hong Kong, China, Thailand, Singapore, Japan, Canada, USA.

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #22,558 of 35,472

JMHO

I'm sure not knocking you Twin, you have brought a lot of good stuff to the table unfortunately I'll not be playing the drawer full of $300 iem's with you but I'll be watching:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I'm glad you still live your Zirc's, they just ended up sounding vieled in comparison to so many other $10 iem's for me!

I guess my ED9's have yet to be dethroned but they also run around $14 now instead of $10, could be a reason for that:smirk:

Trusting Twin is no the problem SlowP, following him into the rabbit hole is what hurts (my wallet mostly):stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #22,559 of 35,472
 For me my only true giant killers in my collection are my Havi B3 Pro 1's and Trinity Techne's! I'll give more update on my recently ordered HCK A2's once they arrive and

Podster, I keep forgetting to ask you if you wear your Techne's over the ear or straight drop.  I've found, especially with the Auvio tips, that straight down works so much better for me than over the ear.  I think the angle of the nozzle has something to do with this for me.  Ironically the "L" and "R" lettering on them favors the straight drop too
biggrin.gif

BTW as far as being an "accumulator" or "experimentor" or "Chinese evaluator" I am most assuredly not (at least when it comes to IEMs
biggrin.gif
).  

Feb 15, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #22,560 of 35,472
I'm sure not knocking you Twin, you have brought a lot of good stuff to the table unfortunately I'll not be playing the drawer full of $300 iem's with you but I'll be watching:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I'm glad you still live your Zirc's, they just ended up sounding vieled in comparison to so many other $10 iem's for me!

I guess my ED9's have yet to be dethroned but they also run around $14 now instead of $10, could be a reason for that:smirk:

Trusting Twin is no the problem SlowP, following him into the rabbit hole is what hurts (my wallet mostly):stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:grinning: You probaby should have taken the blue pill, Neo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back