Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #22,307 of 35,472

Da BOMB inda house ....Superlux HD668B + Kogan + Topping NX1.....all in less than $100 ...budget warrior set up ...BOOOOOOM

Not to mention that matching trick finish on the NX1/Kogan
bigsmile_face.gif
Me liken that sweet cable to my brother
wink_face.gif

Woot woot
beerchug.gif

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #22,310 of 35,472
  Wich store did you buy them @Wokei?

Hey Buudy ......here u go

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1500030?spm=2114.10010108.0.34.3wbGRm

Me use the chat facility on the shop chat ...custom made to my spec ...iirc paid bout 15$ ..that was 2 years ago ...good workmanship and solid cable...woot woot

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #22,311 of 35,472

This is the cable I use. :)

Feb 4, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #22,312 of 35,472

Ok, seems that non-S version is certainly no-go for me but his measurements graphs show that S version seems more neutral, so, I was thinking about trying it.

But anyway, getting some feedback and reading few impressions, seems no point to waste money for that IEM - 35$ makes me already saving for/buying Fidue A65 instead, which I`m sure is in every aspect much higher quality.

Thanks for info anyway.

Save the $35, as there are so many better IEMs in that price range or less.
If either Boarseman CX98 models were really that good, others here would have posted positive comments; or started a separate thread about them...
By the way, for around $10, the Joyroom JR-E107s are definitely worth checking out.

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #22,313 of 35,472
  By the way, for around $10, the Joyroom JR-E107s are definitely worth checking out.

Thanks for info! Joy`s are already in my ali wishlist long time but I would rather save little money for noticeable step-up from custom modified KZ-ATE & 2014 wooden DIY "IE800" rebuild.

So far my main candidates are LZ-Z03A (not sure about this) and Fidue A65. Next step-up will be when I change workplace and have more free money and then I`m considering Fidue A73, Oriveti Primacy, LZ-A3 and some others I`ve been reading about that seem to fit my sound preference, comfort and design/specifications.

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #22,314 of 35,472
Hello,

I own Piston 3, rock zircon, KZ EDSE (and plextone x41 on the way). Always use my laptop or android phone as a source, never used any dac/amp.

So what would improve the sound quality the most?

1. Topping NX1 amp
2. Topping NX2 (DAC+AMP)
3. ivalux Bette earphones
4. DAP

Not sure if I should buy a dac or amp or combo or a better earphone.
And my budget is only around $50.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated
thanks.

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #22,315 of 35,472
  Hello,

I own Piston 3, rock zircon, KZ EDSE (and plextone x41 on the way). Always use my laptop or android phone as a source, never used any dac/amp.

So what would improve the sound quality the most?

1. Topping NX1 amp
2. Topping NX2 (DAC+AMP)
3. ivalux Bette earphones
4. DAP

Not sure if I should buy a dac or amp or combo or a better earphone.
And my budget is only around $50.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated
thanks.

You already have variety of earphones but I feel that your source needs upgrade.

Unless your laptop/phone has a very good DAC inside it's be not worth to get just an amp. In that scenario I'd definitely recommend a DAC + AMP combo.

If you are less into watching videos and care mostly about songs then go for DAP. It'd also make life less miserable than carrying a stack of phone+amp around. Imagine carrying that brick while working out.

Xduoo X2 is a very good example of a decent DAP at cheap. It also has power output stage which can easily drive demanding headphones as well. I was using Topping NX1 + Smartphone with a good DAC inside before, but since X2 it rarely sees use. 

Feb 4, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #22,316 of 35,472
  I don't know why Igor was banned from here as it seemed that things calmed down according to this thread a few days before the ban. But that's actually cool that he is still updating his website and also started to add measurements to all his earphones. That's valuable info regardless on his opinion on sound signatures.
I don't know why he was banned but if it's about his view on gear I think it's kinda sad although he might be a bit too opinionated he added his on perspective and he had enough gear to actually compare... everyone's preferences and opinions evolve along the way...Maybe it's a temporary ban too allow everyone to cooldown or maybe it's an affiliated problem if so that's another matter.
Anyway I am not taking any side here just saying that his site have measurements if anyone is interested to know.

What's funny is that the maker of the headphone amp at this Amazon link specifically mentions (s)he was banned on Head-fi for heated discussion. No clue about that situation, or the product, just thought it funny that such would be included in the product description.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E0DMCO0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A2IFYT7JVWTGRN

Feb 4, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #22,318 of 35,472
  Thanks for info! Joy`s are already in my ali wishlist long time but I would rather save little money for noticeable step-up from custom modified KZ-ATE & 2014 wooden DIY "IE800" rebuild.

So far my main candidates are LZ-Z03A (not sure about this) and Fidue A65. Next step-up will be when I change workplace and have more free money and then I`m considering Fidue A73, Oriveti Primacy, LZ-A3 and some others I`ve been reading about that seem to fit my sound preference, comfort and design/specifications.

cool.gif
I will let you Know Coil. Paulpark has a review of the LZ Z03A Due up today, I have a pair on the way. It won't be long.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 4, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #22,319 of 35,472
  Save the $35, as there are so many better IEMs in that price range or less.
If either Boarseman CX98 models were really that good, others here would have posted positive comments; or started a separate thread about them...

LOL the ieb6 have about the same dimensions it looks, I can measure when I get home, but their micro driver is 5.5mm. A whole .5mm smaller but for $30 more

http://www.amazon.com/IEB6-mic-engineered-mini-driver-exceptional/dp/B0178BC13W

Feb 4, 2016 at 7:21 PM Post #22,320 of 35,472
Well after 20 hours of burn in ( not for sure how long most of you do) gave the **** UE a good listen. At first couldn't get them to fit right using the tips I use on the Brainwavz S0 and was worried my ears were not going to work with these. I then tried out the other tips and found the double flanged to fit. I'm not a big IEM guy just use them at work sometimes when the piece of equipment I'm on doesn't have a radio. I have to say I'm am impressed with the sound. They totally kill the S0's and Sennheiser CX 2.00's that I have. Not even close. They have lots of bass and it can dig pretty deep also. I would like the mids to be just a little bit more forward but for $24 I can't complain . These are great little phones and for the money would be hard to beat .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back