Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 19, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #19,906 of 35,472
RX700 can be modded to sound better too. It was a big "giant killer" once upon a time here as the thing cost around as much as 668B or even less, I remember comparing it to my friend's Senn HD598 and it was the clear winner (imo). Broke mine and haven't bothered to replace it though lol, the thing's a bit too huge.

Kinda want to try the newer RZ710 or RZ910 but importing from Japan is a bit of a PITA.

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #19,907 of 35,472
If anyone is in Hong Kong and near the Jaben store go in and have a listen to the Acoustune Resonate HS1003. Was really impressed with the sound, the bass impact is near basshead levels. It had good soundstage, nice detail and 3d presentation. I think it retailed for $1720 Hong kong dolllars so its fairly pricey. The only thing I didnt like was the nylon cable, rubber cable and I would have probably brought them. Also I only went to jaben because of lachlanlikesathing Hong Kong Headphone Store Safari video, so a big thanks to him. Jaben is a great little store and has great customer service with a a really chilled and relaxed atmosphere. Definately the best headphone store I went to in Hong Kong personally. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #19,908 of 35,472
  RX700 can be modded to sound better too. It was a big "giant killer" once upon a time here as the thing cost around as much as 668B or even less, I remember comparing it to my friend's Senn HD598 and it was the clear winner (imo). Broke mine and haven't bothered to replace it though lol, the thing's a bit too huge.

Kinda want to try the newer RZ710 or RZ910 but importing from Japan is a bit of a PITA.

RX700 ... Interesting. http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HARX700-Precision-Sound-Headphones/dp/B0013OWPV4
That is cheap.

My memory of JVC is that they made pretty good mid range audio gear in the early 2000s. Is that right?

Nov 19, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #19,909 of 35,472
The Monk is freaking awesome guys. I have been burning them for about 10 hours and they are getting better on each hour. So addicting sound :)

Nov 20, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #19,912 of 35,472
cool.gif
Don't worry. I'm not buying into that Multiple B/A UNIT thing. We just had a sub Par sounding IEM cross paths a short while ago It looked like a Bullet and had 4 Armatures.

It wasn't very good from all reports.

Now I know It's not Chinese but rather ITALIAN, You all would be well-advised to get a Carot One TITTA into your collection. IMHO.  It has only one 11mm Dynamic Driver. (Oh No! Only 1?)

PRONTO.

That is all I'm going to reveal....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carot-One-TITTA-Audiophile-High-Performance-Earphone-Brand-New-/390917780532?hash=item5b0483f434:g:9OwAAOSwGvhT-1gM

ksc75smile.gif
ksc75smile.gif
TWIN

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #19,918 of 35,472
Damn, that sucks man. That may explain Earfonia's case with the nonexistent bass he got from another IEM though: the dynamic drivers are simply not there.

Quote:
  RX700 ... Interesting. http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HARX700-Precision-Sound-Headphones/dp/B0013OWPV4
That is cheap.

My memory of JVC is that they made pretty good mid range audio gear in the early 2000s. Is that right?

Yeah they're cheap in most region beside mine where they retail for $100 lol, need to at least do the damping mod to reach their potential though, I think the mod thread still exists in head-fi.

Not sure about that.

Nov 20, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #19,919 of 35,472
Auglamour ag-r1

I'm liking them.

I did a little mod with some wide bore tips.

I have had 3 pairs and all 3 sounded different.

First pair is all mid bass (still have it)

Second pair had driver distortion at low frequencies on one side (rattling from 20-50hz. I exchanged it.

Third pair had venting issues (one side had good bass and played frequencies down to 20hz) and the other side had very faint response from 20-60 Hz. I solved this issue somewhat by sliding a pair of wide bore tips over the hozzle all the way down to the housing (which covered each vent) and evened out the venting issue. They now sound full without being bloated, and they are now balanced.

I just got these AG-R1, and I kind of understand what you mean here.  After reading your review and Twister's, I am a bit suprised.  These are awesomely great sounding iems.  In terms of comfort, built quality and sound they give a run to my KC06A!  Yes, they seem balanced, no frequencies seem to be left behind out of the box.  I have less than 10 hours playing on them.  But the bass is there!  I would say more sub bass, but definitely there and kicking when required.  Not basshead level, but way more than a lot if iems I tried.
Honeslty, and I need to burn them some more, but I would say they are more aligned with at least a 60 or 80 USD value than their 25 USD asking price...  They wipe KZs, Astrotec and a lot of iems I had.  Clean.
To be continued...

Nov 20, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #19,920 of 35,472

fake thing as u can see. There's only two driver inside. not a hybrid.
I bought on taobao and this is a horrible experience.
Do not buy !

Actually, I was doubting it's not DD/BA hybrid when I saw its FR chart. Usually, DIY products have more or less strong low frequency if there is DD. But this low end is pretty less. So I did flashed a thought it's not as what it's claimed. Could you PS me its website? Now since we know this, we should not let this guy keep cheating others. I'll see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back