Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #18,871 of 35,472
I'm trying but I'm on a business trip to Germany and the network is really bad right now.

Check the Havi thread, picture's there
wink.gif

Over here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/741221/havi-b3-pro-1-thread-2-0/1365#post_11986159

Looks like the current LMUE packaging. @peter123 Aside from the packaging, any differences in the accessories supplied?

Got it thanks!

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #18,872 of 35,472
It is silly, but it works good for marketing purpose for the mass, which is the whole point of those Hi-Res stickers. In the end, how manufacturers choose to tune their high frequency capable headphones is what matters most, and you simply can't guess it just by looking at the raw spec.

cool.gif
Like I said sodesuka, I just use it as a rule of thumb and it seems that it usually works out that way. Luck of the Draw?  Unlucky at earphones / Lucky at Love.
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Oct 12, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #18,875 of 35,472

Hi anyone knows what brand is this iem? I got it free when I bought my cayin n6. Seller just say it is some random iem but it sound very good to my ear. Wanna get another one for spare

One of the KZ's, I'd know that cable anywhere and once again there is no doubt KZ has 6 million linear feet of the stuff
rolleyes.gif

Oct 12, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #18,878 of 35,472
Ali CKR9LTDs

They sound OK.
Tried a bunch of tips, didnt find any drastic change in sound.
They are bit big and heavy.
I would score them 6.5 points for sound and 6 points for comfort/fitness.
This score below the S018, maybe a bit better than the TTpods.
Not very impressed and i hope this are fakes that dont sound like the $100+ originals, cause i would be dissapointed if this sound like the originals.
Cant say the HypeTrain dissapointed me because i knew this where not originals.
I see people liking them,  they dont sound cheap but there is nothing special about them or standout
This are going for sale cheap, i dont see any reason to keep them.
They cant handle fast tracks with clarity and detail like the KC06A.

Ostrys Kc06a beats them hands down, easy, in every aspect.

Oct 12, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #18,879 of 35,472
  Ali CKR9LTDs

They sound OK.
Not very impressed and i hope this are fakes that dont sound like the $100+ originals, cause i would be dissapointed if this sound like the originals.
I see people liking them,  they dont sound cheap but there is nothing special about them or standout

The seller delivers very fast.

http://es.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Arriva-CKR9LTD-In-ear-Earbud-Sound-Isolating-Legendary-Performance-Headsets-With-Enhanced-Bass-Earphone/32476508201.html?adminSeq=222320169&shopNumber=1523711

Did you burn them in it sounds really good when you do..... out of the box they sound terrible

Oct 12, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #18,881 of 35,472
I found the awesome mids were the ALI-CKR9LTD's ace in the hole. That said, they had nowhere near the quantity of bass I was expecting from some comments, but it was really tight, punchy, and well-textured. Treble I found a hit or miss. Sounds really smooth and well extended on some tracks, grainy on others. Seems to be quite sensitive to track quality. Soundstage I found quite generous with excellent layering and depth. For the money they are pretty darn good imo. And yeah, burn in helps. That and wide bore tips.

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #18,882 of 35,472
  I found the awesome mids were the ALI-CKR9LTD's ace in the hole. That said, they had nowhere near the quantity of bass I was expecting from some comments, but it was really tight, punchy, and well-textured. Treble I found a hit or miss. Sounds really smooth and well extended on some tracks, grainy on others. Seems to be quite sensitive to track quality. Soundstage I found quite generous with excellent layering and depth. For the money they are pretty darn good imo. And yeah, burn in helps. That and wide bore tips.

@B9Scrambler I Agree. But i found the bass quite sufficient for my liking with stock tips.

@rickdohc Sorry to hear you dint like them. As per my experience, i say they really need high quality FLACs + Neutral to bright source.. believe me, they sound like C**P with MP3's. Also, what source are you using? they don't really pair up well with my Note4. But with rockboxed clip. Its a whole different story. My KC06A's sound all congested and messy in comparison. LTD's takes a win hands down on imaging. The imaging on these are pretty insane (when driven under above conditions) with high quality flacs. Also, did u burn them in? They need a min of 75+ hours to open up.
  Ali CKR9LTDs

They sound OK.

The seller delivers very fast.

http://es.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Arriva-CKR9LTD-In-ear-Earbud-Sound-Isolating-Legendary-Performance-Headsets-With-Enhanced-Bass-Earphone/32476508201.html?adminSeq=222320169&shopNumber=1523711

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #18,883 of 35,472
cool.gif
WE HAVE A FREE THINKER HERE!!!  Eagle, they don't like it when you go against the Hype, Or start some of your own....
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #18,884 of 35,472
  @B9Scrambler I Agree. But i found the bass quite sufficient for my liking with stock tips.

@rickdohc Sorry to hear you dint like them. As per my experience, i say they really need high quality FLACs + Neutral to bright source.. believe me, they sound like C**P with MP3's. Also, what source are you using? they don't really pair up well with my Note4. But with rockboxed clip. Its a whole different story. My KC06A's sound all congested and messy in comparison. LTD's takes a win hands down on imaging. The imaging on these are pretty insane (when driven under above conditions) with high quality flacs. Also, did u burn them in? They need a min of 75+ hours to open up.

I found them source dependent also.  There was some discussion about 2 different Ali versions.  One with a wider housing and one that matched the original.  My version ended up being the one with the wider housing.  I believe the consensus in the end was that both Ali versions were about 99% of an authentic one.

Oct 12, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #18,885 of 35,472

I dont dislike them,  its that i have so many iems/headphones (i have to update my sig) that i am not using,  so i am going to sell all the stuff that doesn meet the expectations or its not a bang4thebuck.

They sound OK,  they sound better than the Pistons and the TTpod for sure, but not on par of the Ostrys or even my VSD3.
The thing i most dislike is that they are big and heavy.

Burnin,  more than 72 hours and counting. Tried a lot of tips (i have cans of all kinds of tips)

Sources/AMps,  S5, Iphone6, Ipad 2, Samsung Tablet 3, +Clip Rockboxed, Fiio e11, FirePhoenix Dac, etcetc
Flacs, CD, Mp3, Vynil, you name it,  they still are not on par with the Ostrys or even the VSD3's

I will give it a few more days of Burnin before i sell them.

Pd: Sorry for my english.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back