Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #17,551 of 35,472
Maybe Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X?

Aug 30, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #17,552 of 35,472
Aug 30, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #17,553 of 35,472
I was mainly referring to these Chinese brands that produce headphones since that's what this thread is about. Seems like there are many Chinese counterparts to some of the american models, e.g., K3003, and I was wondering if there were any over the head type headphones similar to the X2 or any good recommendations.

Aug 30, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #17,554 of 35,472
I was mainly referring to these Chinese brands that produce headphones since that's what this thread is about. Seems like there are many Chinese counterparts to some of the american models, e.g., K3003, and I was wondering if there were any over the head type headphones similar to the X2 or any good recommendations.

The Takstar Pro80/2050 are kinda like Beyer knock-offs visually. Haven't heard them myself, but they do get some decent comments. Haven't seen anything like the x2 yet.

Aug 30, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #17,555 of 35,472
I've always found those Takstars looked more similar to the Shure SRH1540/1840 due to the shape of the ear cups. Oval, vs the circular ear cups of the Beyers. Maybe some sort of love-child between them :p

Aug 30, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #17,556 of 35,472

There aren't really any that have made a stunning over-ear that can compare to the X2. The Takstar Pro 80 was the only blockbuster that compared well to the ATH-M50X / Beyers, and it is very well known as the Kingston Hyper X now.

The AKG 7XX is my current favorite China made headphone, and Hifiman just put out the stellar HE-400S, but they aren't really "Chinese brands". Eventually I see Dunu or some other company with a great IEM track record finally making a stellar over-ear for us.

Aug 30, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #17,557 of 35,472

cool.gif
Jeez, someone on Amazon claimed they had no Bass at all. Burn 'em in. They change, seriously.  With the Zircons it's ALL about the Tips. Think of them as interchangeable nozzles instead of eartips.

That is all.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

What tips do you recommend to remove some of the bass and increase detail? Complys removed all detail. Senn bi-flanges did better, but they still seemed off. Spiral Dots have too much bass. They just don't do well on metal compared to the Titans, which are some of the best at it. Huge price difference though so it's kind of unfair.

The Zircons just haven't surpassed the ED10 yet, but I feel like finding the right tips might change things.

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #17,559 of 35,472
How does they compare to the X2's?

ATH-AD500X have less detailed and warmer sound. They're one step behind X2, but for $70 it's very good choice. Closer to Fidelio than any Takstar, Superlux or Somic (they're brighter or more V sounding or just worse then AD500X and X2).

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #17,560 of 35,472
  What tips do you recommend to remove some of the bass and increase detail? Complys removed all detail. Senn bi-flanges did better, but they still seemed off. Spiral Dots have too much bass. They just don't do well on metal compared to the Titans, which are some of the best at it. Huge price difference though so it's kind of unfair.

The Zircons just haven't surpassed the ED10 yet, but I feel like finding the right tips might change things.

I'm labeling the Zircons as basshead.  They hit HARD!

Aug 31, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #17,561 of 35,472

I went with the AUVIO silicone medium tips for my ears, which 'TwinACStacks' suggested. After burning them in over 100 hours.....
It works really well!!!

It tames the mid-bass while giving more emphasis to sub-bass punch (similar to ED10 sub-bass impact). And, there's better openness to the mid-range and treble becomes more lively and crisp. It still retains some of the biggest soundstage I've ever heard in IEM's.

Going back and forth with ED10.....ED10 sounds a little harsh and edgy while the Zircon's has such a big stage to them now.

AUVIO and FIDUE sells these same aftermarket tips. These tips are a-must-have for hi-end IEM's.

Take a look at some pics below.....

MEDIUM

LARGE

You can purchase them here......

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/AUVIO-Silicone-Replacement-Tips-Medium/dp/B00N568Z80/ref=pd_sim_sbs_23_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1VA6DZGD6JR8VPMBNV19&dpSrc=sims&dpST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_

Taobao
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.22.pFFapP&id=37798681649&ns=1&abbucket=17#detail

If you get around getting these tips.....let us know what you think.
happy_face1.gif

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #17,564 of 35,472

+1 ....they're really well made.

Don't know if these will help much for bhazard's case.  I always thought the rule of thumb for tips was narrow bore=more bass, less treble  wide bore=less bass, more treble.  The spiral dots have a very wide bore and the bass is still too much for him.  My 2 cents.  The only way to know for sure I guess is to give them a try which shouldn't be a big deal.

Aug 31, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #17,565 of 35,472
Lots more going on then just the bore size. The material, firmness, the shape of the tips, even the length etc. can contribute. A wide bore tip that is longer and seals deeper and better can give as much or more bass than some narrow bore tips. Some wide bore tips have more bass and some narrow tips have more bass. Even my treble accenting tips are Klipsch tips which have a smaller bore than many others. Of course the YMMV applies so the general rule of thumb is probably, like you said, "you don't know till you try" 
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back