Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #17,071 of 35,472
Macaw are better then SM E80, so they're realy good. But they need a lot of power from source.

Aug 10, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #17,074 of 35,472
^ Probably OEM-ing from Fidue, just like Fiio EX1 from Dunu's.

Anyway, found a nice looking IEM (seemingly) made by shozy on taobao
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.4.9igQRx&id=45126723488&ns=1&abbucket=19#detail

Seems to be a dual dynamic phones, I like how clean it looks. :)

Aug 10, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #17,075 of 35,472
Bought the KZ LP3 from ebay  12-20dollars! PX-100/Porta Pro size.

They got completely no bass at all stock,  but throw on a pair of pleather pads and it's game on... I don't know why they didn't come with pleather pads.  Those 2dollar pads on ebay was the best 2dollar spent,  ever.. by anyone!  it sounds very good with the pleather. 

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #17,076 of 35,472
It's not based solely on his review. It's taken as a whole, and there's been quite a few reviews and comments, also on the discovery page, and they were tried by quite a number of solid ears, and all told, it's sees like a really decent sound, but nothing jaw dropping. Sorry.

DannyBai said this about the Macaw.  He also puts it up there with the E80, Titan, and A73.

I'll have to say the Macaw earphone is quite the bang for buck.

Packaging and accessories are from something $200 plus. Sort of a pain getting the earphones out since it's packed so well.
Build is also way above its price. It's heavy though. Mic is pretty awesome like twister said. Cable isn't the greatest but not bad.
Fit isn't bad with the right tips but you do need the right tips or it hurts. So far UE tips and Auvio tips work for me. Haven't tried stock.
Leather pouch is very nice.
Filters screw in and out nicely. It seems the silver mesh filters are balanced, black bass and gold treble. All sound good to me and the change isn't drastic. I am preferring the silver which was the default filters.
Sound is excellent all around. Treble sticks out for me. Reminds me of the Titan. I think twister also noticed this. Bass sounds a bit flabby to me but not boomy. Vocals are forward and nice. Overall this is one heck of a bargain.
Lots of really nice earphones as of late. E50, E80, Titan, A73 and now the Macaw. I think it's gonna be hard to beat the value of the E80 and Macaw. Both hit wayyyyyyyy above current price. Grab them guys while you can.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-bette-hybrid-review-by-jekostas-pg-1972/29280#post_11678509

Twister is correct about the Macaw. I haven't heard the IM50.
E80 is the most neutral with some warmth. For those who dislike elevated bass, this is spot on. Excellent vocals and raised treble but not too spiky.
Macaw is a little warmer and has more bass, not too bassy though. Been shaping up fine for the last few hours. Good vocals and for being bright, it's not sibilant. Great stage. Tunable too so it's a great buy.
E50 is V shaped but vocals aren't scooped out too bad. E80 for a few bucks more is a better buy IMO. But E50 has more bass and is rather controlled well.
A73 has bigger bass, nice mid-bass kick. Great layering to the sound. Sweet vocals and extended treble. Sounds more flat than A83 and I prefer it over the A73. This one is my faborite I think.
Macaw is sounding insane though for $60 some bucks. It's Titan level but better for me since it's not peaky and cheaper by a good margin. For the type of sound I appreciate, I think the Macaw will be a better buy than E80. For the more discerning listener, E80 might be it.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-bette-hybrid-review-by-jekostas-pg-1972/29280#post_11678778

I meant I prefer the A73 over A83 RedJohn. Macaws are up there too. Regular and brain burn in will do wonders with the Macaws.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/586909/the-discovery-thread-new-bette-hybrid-review-by-jekostas-pg-1972/29295#post_11678956

Aug 10, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #17,077 of 35,472
Saw more people saying the same...
Even macaw gt100s > titan so why no high maintened hype jesus??
About the source power can be sound good without amp but strong source?

Check out the dedicated thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/771502/macaw-gt100s-inverted-dynamic-driver-impressions-thread

Aug 11, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #17,078 of 35,472
  It seems that there are a couple of iems similar to the Fidue A83 and A73 and cheaper by this company UPQ.  What's going on?

QE80: http://www.dmm.com/en/mono/hobby/-/detail/=/cid=m0021/

QE50: http://www.dmm.com/en/mono/hobby/-/detail/=/cid=m0022/

These are very interesting! I hope someone will share some impressions soon if they are really on par with Fidue A73/A83. For ~78€ QE50 will be a steal if they have same drivers as A73
tongue.gif

Aug 11, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #17,079 of 35,472
  That is terrible about having your clip stolen.  I have a Ruizu 8 gig X02 that I bought, took out of the box, but honestly never used it.  I will gladly donate mine to you. I will even 
pay the shipping.  The only thing I ask is that you do the same for someone else someday when you are able to.  PM me with your address, and I will send it off to you.
I will also include a New set of KZ-EDSE.  I have 3 of them, but only 1 pair of ears.

Charlie   ♫

sku_366297_6.jpg

Thank you Charlie, I think maybe you've already given your Ruizu to someone else since it's been 3 months the last time I posted about my stolen Clip

Now, I'm using my Nokia 5320 to listen to music although the quality is sub par.

Glad to know there is someone so kindhearted like you

Thanks again :D
---------------------------------------------------
Like my old question, any idea for cheap under $20 China DAP?
Still trying to get Clip but my wallet wouldn't permit me 
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #17,080 of 35,472
xDuoo X2 maybe? Though, it`s about 45$.

Aug 11, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #17,081 of 35,472
  Thank you Charlie, I think maybe you've already given your Ruizu to someone else since it's been 3 months the last time I posted about my stolen Clip

Now, I'm using my Nokia 5320 to listen to music although the quality is sub par.

Glad to know there is someone so kindhearted like you

Thanks again :D
---------------------------------------------------
Like my old question, any idea for cheap under $20 China DAP?
Still trying to get Clip but my wallet wouldn't permit me 
biggrin.gif

Hello!

I never heard back from you with your address. The deal is still good. Along with the Ruizu 8 gig X02, I will include a new KZ ED10 that you will enjoy.  All I need is your address. 

Cheers,

Charlie    ♪ ♫

Aug 11, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #17,082 of 35,472
for me the best release this year was Flare R2A :p . totally not Chinese tho but KS price is Chinese level :)

Aug 11, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #17,083 of 35,472
it is funny but from excellent peter123's review on E80, when compared to B3pro1 Ive got impression that I would still prefer Havis more. Havis are imho still killer value at $60. Glad I didnt jump on anything but R2A which are levels up from Havis in terms of separation and imaging. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #17,085 of 35,472
 Havi’s has a larger soundstage ... The voice reproduction on the B3’s is more natural to my ears ... Separation is slightly better on the B3’s but the E80’s are not far behind here either and I also find the B3’s to have even more air between instruments and a bit more timber to the notes.

that tells me a lot so
rolleyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back