Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #16,816 of 35,472
Probably it's fake like those:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VIVO-XE800-Super-Sound-Effect-Hi-Fi-In-ear-Earphone-Earbuds-With-Mic-Wired-Control-Earphones/32388638751.html

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #16,818 of 35,472
But OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer :D

Yep certainly, but OEM product rarely comes with authentic branding. Seller would use that word to convince you in believing that the product is exactly the same, manufactured by OEM company, and just lacks branding. But sadly this rarely results into truth on AliExpress.

After all which company having right mind would allow an OEM to sell the same product, minus brand tag at lower price? Isn't that a violation of contract?

For example think of Foxconn selling an iPhone 6 for $200 on AliExpress. Wouldn't happen...

Jul 28, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #16,819 of 35,472
It's interesting how the VIVO didn't quite hold its momentum. It kind of started, but never quite peaked. From the reviews, I believe they were better tuned GR07? Not sure if that meant the chalkboard sibilance of the GR07 was tuned out of them or not? I came close to picking a pair up, then got suckered into the VSD3 instead. Bad me.

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #16,821 of 35,472
Yep certainly, but OEM product rarely comes with authentic branding. Seller would use that word to convince you in believing that the product is exactly the same, manufactured by OEM company, and just lacks branding. But sadly this rarely results into truth on AliExpress.

After all which company having right mind would allow an OEM to sell the same product, minus brand tag at lower price? Isn't that a violation of contract?

For example think of Foxconn selling an iPhone 6 for $200 on AliExpress. Wouldn't happen...

The difference is that Apple pays Foxconn to manufacture their phones, as opposed to buying phones from Foxconn and then rebranding it with their name and logo.

You can look at Takstar, the original manufacturer of the Pro80s. A few companies have purchased the Pro80s and branded it as their own - QPAD QH-90, Gemini HSR-1000, and the most popular being the Kingston HyperX Cloud (I and II). 

I'm not saying the Vivo XE800s in the link are real, i just found it funny how you doubted that they were original and then mention that they are OEM. Just seemed a little contradictory to me :p

Jul 28, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #16,822 of 35,472
Had an amazeballs moment. Found my xiaomi pistons 2.0 after I thought I had lost them about a year ago.Still work perfectly
cool.gif

Jul 28, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #16,823 of 35,472
The difference is that Apple pays Foxconn to manufacture their phones, as opposed to buying phones from Foxconn and then rebranding it with their name and logo.

You can look at Takstar, the original manufacturer of the Pro80s. A few companies have purchased the Pro80s and branded it as their own - QPAD QH-90, Gemini HSR-1000, and the most popular being the Kingston HyperX Cloud (I and II). 

I'm not saying the Vivo XE800s in the link are real, i just found it funny how you doubted that they were original and then mention that they are OEM. Just seemed a little contradictory to me :p

Well contrary to its meaning the word is being used so much in description of counterfeit products, that it has changed the way I see it lol...

Jul 28, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #16,825 of 35,472

Unfortunately, I can't see through your eyes or read your post through your brain :p 

I wasn't trying to attack you or anything -- just wanted to point out the irony in your post.

There wasn't any irony meant actually...  I have had some bad experiences with so called OEMs actually. That's all. I should have mentioned this context beforehand. 

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #16,826 of 35,472
  Probably it's fake like those:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VIVO-XE800-Super-Sound-Effect-Hi-Fi-In-ear-Earphone-Earbuds-With-Mic-Wired-Control-Earphones/32388638751.html

May be....but the one you linked doesn't have the pivoting nozzle so that's sure a fake,imo.

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #16,827 of 35,472
Pivoting nozzle... unless it has driver moving together with nozzle - doesn`t it play role in resulting sound?
rolleyes.gif

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #16,829 of 35,472
Finally got my Keep DK80. First impression is that they're midcentric, big midbass (probably won't satisfy basshead though), tonally warm with rather subdued high, no sibilance. It cleared my timbre check if not a bit muddy, or muddy depending where you come from, and so far, I think it's worth its asking price if not more. Might be a good choice for warm smooth midcentric IEM at $60-$70 price range.

I like the black and gold color scheme.
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back