Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #14,597 of 35,472

Have you used that site for other headphone related purchases? The Takstar HI2050 is listed for $39 which sounds too good to be true.

Aliexpress is generally reliable, at least the few times when I ordered there.

There are good and bad sellers on Aliexpress. Look for sellers with lots of feedback.

Feb 10, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #14,600 of 35,472
Hey what are the recommendations here nowadays for an ATH-M50 competitor at/around/a bit lower price range? Cheers.

Originally Posted by indieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't find anything. That's why I ended up getting the m50x lol. The takstar pro80 is supposed to be good for under $100. That's the only Asian brand competitor that I know of.

Agreed -- the Pro 80 seems to be the only popular competitor with a brand. This is after I disregard DonScorpio as a known brand, in which case the Drama or Dolphin might work.

Thanks guys. Pro 80 look interesting. Very tempted actually. They look good, durability looks excellent for the price and even comes with a box packaging you see in the high end. Reputedly has tight low base emphasis although slightly rolled off highs (wonder if some mild EQing would fix this). $51 USD shipped off aliexpress. Headphones have really become so affordable since I last was active here ...

Saw the DonScorpio as well, but there seems scant information on them, just a couple of recommendations.

Any other takers?

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #14,601 of 35,472

Thanks guys. Pro 80 look interesting. Very tempted actually. They look good, durability looks excellent for the price and even comes with a box packaging you see in the high end. Reputedly has tight low base emphasis although slightly rolled off highs (wonder if some mild EQing would fix this). $51 USD shipped off aliexpress. Headphones have really become so affordable since I last was active here ...

Saw the DonScorpio as well, but there seems scant information on them, just a couple of recommendations.

Any other takers?

NVX XPT100 or Shure 440? I'd be very wary of those cheaper Takstars on aliexpress because they it is known that aliexpress have scammers/fakes. I'd advice you to go with the more expensive sellers that have good/more feedback.

Edit: Just saw that the $51 Takstars have good amount of feedback. Excuse me lol 

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #14,602 of 35,472

NVX XPT100 or Shure 440? I'd be very wary of those cheaper Takstars on aliexpress because they it is known that aliexpress have scammers/fakes. I'd advice you to go with the more expensive sellers that have good/more feedback.

Edit: Just saw that the $51 Takstars have good amount of feedback. Excuse me lol 

A-a-hhhHEM:
  1. Both NVX and Shure are Western companies and are off-topic in this Chinese/Asian brand thread. 
    rolleyes.gif
  2. If you've been here often, you would've known by now that Aliexpress has scammers/fakes. Clearly you haven't been here long.
  3. Trust nothing wherever you buy (online, of course) -- products/sellers with "great feedback" can still be scams if you don't know what to look for.

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #14,604 of 35,472
  A-a-hhhHEM:
  1. Both NVX and Shure are Western companies and are off-topic in this Chinese/Asian brand thread. 
    rolleyes.gif
  2. If you've been here often, you would've known by now that Aliexpress has scammers/fakes. Clearly you haven't been here long.
  3. Trust nothing wherever you buy (online, of course) -- products/sellers with "great feedback" can still be scams if you don't know what to look for.

Ah oops, my bad. 

Well, I did say that Aliexpress has those, I was just trying to give a tip. 

Sorry I guess 

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #14,605 of 35,472
  duoza or ttpod t1e?

which one is better for its respective price.

Besides the huge difference in price, I have both and would hands down go with Duoza.

Cheers,
K

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #14,607 of 35,472
  what's better with the duoza in terms of sq? are the highs bright? as in will it pierce my ears? i'm quite sensitive to highs.

Please refer to DuoZa thread for much detailed information : http://www.head-fi.org/t/747461/zero-audio-zh-dwx10-duoza-dual-dynamic-driver-iem

@twister6's review on DuoZa : http://www.head-fi.org/t/751952/review-of-zero-audio-duoza-dual-dynamic-driver-iem

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:24 AM Post #14,608 of 35,472
  A-a-hhhHEM:
    rolleyes.gif

NVX is OEM'ed by yoga, which is an asian company, so I'd consider it half fitting this discussion, http://www.yoga.com.tw/style/frame/templates15/product_detail.asp?lang=2&customer_id=2000&name_id=78835&content_set=color_7&Directory_ID=45198&id=292588 .

I don't see the difference between that and discussing a qpad headset which is oemd by takstar but branded by a swedish company.

Feb 10, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #14,609 of 35,472

NVX is OEM'ed by yoga, which is an asian company, so I'd consider it half fitting this discussion, http://www.yoga.com.tw/style/frame/templates15/product_detail.asp?lang=2&customer_id=2000&name_id=78835&content_set=color_7&Directory_ID=45198&id=292588 .

I don't see the difference between that and discussing a qpad headset which is oemd by takstar but branded by a swedish company.

True, but what about in Shure's case? 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back