Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #14,357 of 35,472

I would suggest the FiiO E12 for the DT880.

Yes, the E12 is excellent and a beast. Works pretty well with iems as well imo, but really shines with open headphones.

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #14,358 of 35,472

I would suggest the FiiO E12 for the DT880.

Yes, the E12 is excellent and a beast. Works pretty well with iems as well imo, but really shines with open headphones.

Thx! ill put the e12 on my to buy list. Do you guys think that the nx1 would be able to give me decent audio for like a month? spent too much on headphones lately :/ so i will hold off any further purchases till the late feb :p

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #14,359 of 35,472

Thx! ill put the e12 on my to buy list. Do you guys think that the nx1 would be able to give me decent audio for like a month? spent too much on headphones lately :/ so i will hold off any further purchases till the late feb :p

Yes, only decent sound for sure.

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #14,361 of 35,472

In the spirit of this thread, I'd get E12 for IEMs but would get a portable O2 from China instead for DT 880, save a few bucks and get a more neutral sound. Like the Supermicro BG8DX MX (in the pic below strapped to my Fiio X3). Not much bigger than E12 and the battery lasts longer on the road.

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:45 AM Post #14,363 of 35,472
So what's the best dual
dynamic earphone under $120.00? I prefer dynamics to balanced armatures. Still waiting for that triple dynamic earphone.

The Havi B3 Pro 1 is best dual dynamic in that price that I own. But if you are looking for a bassier iem the Audio Technica ATH-IM70 or the Kef M200 maybe better for you although I haven't had a pair of those. The Zero Audio Duoza is getting fairly well received lately as well.

Guys, how's the FiiO E6 amp? Looks sweet! I like the fact that it's super portable and kinda cheap in price as well.

It is a nice little amp, bit of hiss for sensitive iems though. The E6 was my first headphone amp and it worked well though I prefer just using a dedicated dap for portability sake. My old E6 disappeared somewhere and I kinda miss it but I got a fair number of amps so I'm not too distraught~

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 3, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #14,364 of 35,472
  Guys, how's the FiiO E6 amp? Looks sweet! I like the fact that it's super portable and kinda cheap in price as well.

I have one, bought it for the portability but never really found use for it. If you have a portable dap with a line out, it tends to also have a good enough amp so you won't need E6 to add hiss. I think if you have high impedance headphones, and something like clip+ that can't drive them properly, or a phone, you could consider E6 to keep it small. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #14,365 of 35,472
So how's the bass on those fx750?

Hefty, healthy, punchy...it can reach super deep and stil doesnt roll off. These need burn in though, 50 hours or so. Some people find the bass to be too much on these, so they do front and rear mods. I am not a bass head...but dayum...this tasty bass is something i can adapt to easily because i only dislike non quality bass where it only goes bang bang...boom...boom and nothing else.

The bass on these is just amazing !!!

Out of the box, the bass was so boomy....i was like....yuck...thought it was beats by dre for a couple seconds when i put it in the ears. Then after 5 hours, i had a good first impression. Now, 50+ hours...the bass is like my favorite dish

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #14,366 of 35,472

Topping NX1 any day better than Fiio E6. Just a while ago I purchased my first amp and did a lot of research for that. Opted for NX1.
Please head to Topping NX1 thread if you need more details. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #14,367 of 35,472
  Did they sound crappy? 

Yeah, the QCY QY7 do sound crappy. The fit was awkward and they sounded hollow and weak - lacking bass and definition. I've got cheaper no-brand stereo Bluetooth headsets from eBay that sounded better than them. 

I got the Chinese tracking number from DX.com for the Donscorpio sMushroom HD (that were ordered on 30 January (4 day ago)) earlier today. The shipping notification email says "The estimated shipping time provided by the shipping company is 15 to 20 days".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back