Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #11,716 of 35,472
Just my opinion, but my pair of modded (super easy 2 minute fix) Superlux HD681 EVO sound just as good, maybe better than all of the flavor of the week phones discussed (depending on signature preference). The only drawback I see with them is their bulky design. 

There's just too much good stuff for cheap these days. I guess that's a good thing, unless you feel the need to have them all like me (damn)

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #11,719 of 35,472

LOL.
Come on, you two. It shouldn't be that bad, right? 
tongue.gif

At least thatBeatsguy could vouch for me with the Ivery's, which is long gone now.....I hope -forgive and forget guys?

But, I'm really enjoying these right now, never heard IEM's quite this good in this price level. It is in every sense good in sound and it is in the quality and construction, as well.

.....of course, I'm talking about the SADES SA608.

Uhh...probably not. 
tongue.gif
 Just kidding. I would probably vouch for you on this one -- especially since you're not hyping it as much as you did with the Ivery (IS-1 > HD800 HYPE HYPE HYPE). God, those memories are still fresh in teh back of my mind.

Dunno what these SADES is all about, but I'm probably not gonna jump on this one -- besides, there are too many IEMs I need to catch up on, anyway (with the list adding at least 3 new entries each week). All of that would probably amount to one good can that would last me until I jump to an even higher plane of price.

That is, unless, I could grab a loaner or sample from you, @1clearhead
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #11,720 of 35,472
Ha, ha.  I threw my IS-1s in the garbage just this past weekend due to a short in the wiring.  I cursed 1clearhead as I did it (j/k).
wink_face.gif

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #11,721 of 35,472
  Ha, ha.  I threw my IS-1s in the garbage just this past weekend due to a short in the wiring.  I cursed 1clearhead as I did it (j/k).
wink_face.gif

Don't worry the construction on the SA608 is well made -strain release ends, slide chin guides (or what ever they're called), barely any cable noise, and nicely made alloy housing. I do like the sound on these over everything I have in my collection, for the moment.
smile_phones.gif

Dec 2, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #11,723 of 35,472

Don't worry the construction on the SA608 is well made -strain release ends, slide chin guides (or what ever they're called), barely any cable noise, and nicely made alloy housing. I do like the sound on these over everything I have in my collection, for the moment.
smile_phones.gif

Emphasis on "for the moment," since yo never know when he'll jump out and say "THESE SOUND AMAZING"!
wink.gif

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #11,725 of 35,472
  Just my opinion, but my pair of modded (super easy 2 minute fix) Superlux HD681 EVO sound just as good, maybe better than all of the flavor of the week phones discussed (depending on signature preference). The only drawback I see with them is their bulky design. 

There's just too much good stuff for cheap these days. I guess that's a good thing, unless you feel the need to have them all like me (damn)

I agree to an extent. My modded 681 EVO definitely holds its own when I A/B them to the Takstars. I think they are about on par on terms of sound quality but what people may prefer depends on what sound signature they like more. More V shaped (681 EVO) or U shaped (Pro 80). That and build quality differences.

The only real negative I could give the Superluxes are that the treble sounds really weird and metallic when you turn up the volume REALLY high (something I wouldn't normally do). For some reason the treble seems to go up higher than everything else and starts to overwhelm the sound signature. Its what make me really wonder what people are talking about when they say superlux 681 evos are dark. They are faaaaaaaaaaaar from dark IMO.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #11,728 of 35,472
Instigator :mad:

But, all jokes aside....buy them and try them!

Nicely priced!  :p

I might take a shot.

If they can come close to besting my SoundSOUL S-018, I'll be happy with that.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #11,729 of 35,472
How many hours you put on AG-R1?  Got them yesterday, and I'm quite AMAZED out of the box!!!  Amazing build with all metal housing (Ostry quality), twisted cable (kind of reminds me of stock UE900s cable), and nicely balanced sound sig with slightly forward mids and a great balance between bass/treble; excellent soundstage as well!  For $25 and after 10hrs of burn in, to my ears these beat in sound quality KC06/6A, VSD3/3S, and T1E/1S.  The only problem is your comment about them changing drastically after burn in with mid-bass going up and treble going down.  Considering these are dynamic drivers, 10hrs of burn in should settle them in to 95% of the final sig.  Kind of worried about your comment cause I don't want this sound sig to change!!!

This is exactly how I feel about my SoundSOUL S-018. They trump even my Doppios for fun and ss. Just a giant killer at the price. Might have to give these a shot? The Ruggies I mean.

Dec 3, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #11,730 of 35,472
This is exactly how I feel about my SoundSOUL S-018. They trump even my Doppios for fun and ss. Just a giant killer at the price. Might have to give these a shot? The Ruggies I mean.

I want to add an extra wooden IEM to my collection, but i'm juggling between the SoundSOUL S-018 and the Synphonized NRG.
confused_face_2.gif

.....does anyone here carry both?

- I'm curious on comparing them also
ph34r.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back