Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #6,002 of 35,472
i think the topping is only a amp the usb is only for charging... In and out analogical... So smartphone-Dac sabre android- Nx1 - earphone
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry, don't have NX1.  You are right, just looked up the spec, it's an amp only (like E11k).  Sounds like your setup should work great!

That DAC is very small, here it is next to my N2:

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #6,004 of 35,472
DX did not responded yet. I will let you know what they will have to say. And thanks a lot for pointing out the minireview for LINE5 A970. It seems like a quality amplifier, but at the same time, from the review, it does not look like handling the bass very well. And I like bass a lot...

It won't boost the bass at all, so if you want more bass, I don't think you'll enjoy the amp.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #6,006 of 35,472

Spider Realvoice, Fischer Audio Tandem(8.6 in SQ on Joker's scale). Um, Fischer Audio Paradigm v.3 I've heard of.  And then I see some Vsonics down there at the other end.

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #6,007 of 35,472
So, much more quality sound with sabre or just a little improve?

The results will vary from phone to phone and how it pairs up with your headphones, keep that in mind.  For me, the improvement was somewhere in the middle.  I haven't used it in awhile, but remember it wasn't enough to justify carrying an extra dongle around.  It was more than a little, but not enough to carry this dac connected to Note2/headphones.  But to use it as a tool to connect quality amp - it's a different story, and will be a must have device in your signal chain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back