Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 27, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #5,176 of 35,472

I would say if you're not going to be using an amp sometimes, the T1-E would be a better choice. What phone do you have?

I have a Nexus 5. The amp does work with it with some kernels and it should work out of the box with Android L. When I travel without a bag I don't carry my amp around. I usually travel with it though. I'd say 80/20. Looking at T1E now for €27 or Havi B3 Pro (old) for €49. It's not a huge difference, but I just want to know if the Havi's are good without amp as well.

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #5,177 of 35,472
  I have a Nexus 5. The amp does work with it with some kernels and it should work out of the box with Android L. When I travel without a bag I don't carry my amp around. I usually travel with it though. I'd say 80/20. Looking at T1E now for €27 or Havi B3 Pro (old) for €49. It's not a huge difference, but I just want to know if the Havi's are good without amp as well.

Most people have said they aren't near as good without an amp. Also, I have read the Nexus 5 has below average output levels. So I don't think you would enjoy the Havi as much during that 20%. The T1-E is more sensitive due to lower impedance(12 vs 32 ohms) and though they also sound better with an amp, from my understanding they will sound great without one too. Hope this helps and someone else may help to back me up on this or they may refute this. What sound signature would you like in your new iems vs. your GR02?

Jul 27, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #5,178 of 35,472
Most people have said they aren't near as good without an amp. Also, I have read the Nexus 5 has below average output levels. So I don't think you would enjoy the Havi as much during that 20%. The T1-E is more sensitive due to lower impedance(12 vs 32 ohms) and though they also sound better with an amp, from my understanding they will sound great without one too. Hope this helps and someone else may help to back me up on this or they may refute this. What sound signature would you like in your new iems vs. your GR02?
I f I was giving out sq grades...

Havi without an amp-C+
Havi with a amp-A++
T1E without an amp-B+
T1E with an amp-A+

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #5,179 of 35,472
I f I was giving out sq grades...

Havi without an amp-C+
Havi with a amp-A++
T1E without an amp-B+
T1E with an amp-A+

That's reassuring based on my speculations from reading everyone's impressions, seeing as I haven't heard either... yet  
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #5,181 of 35,472
Isn't the Havi a balanced IEM with huge soundstage and detailed presentation while the T1E is a rather warm phone, with a slight v emphasis and much more fun sounding.
Just 2 excellent IEM's geared to difference preferences.

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #5,182 of 35,472
Just got a message my altone200 are arriving tomorrow.

I'm a bit skeptical after hearing other's impressions. I'm hoping these things are on par with my GR07BE and dn1000.

Congrats
beerchug.gif

I'm sure they will be good for you! It's been getting a good following, but I think they would be too bright for me with the treble peaks even it is one of T-Peos' smoother offerings like the D200R. But I'm more an exception than the rule when it comes to upper mids through upper treble. Either way, most everyone likes the alluring/addictive, lively signature I think. 

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #5,183 of 35,472
Isn't the Havi a balanced IEM with huge soundstage and detailed presentation while the T1E is a rather warm phone, with a slight v emphasis and much more fun sounding.
Just 2 excellent IEM's geared to difference preferences.
If the Havi b3 pro1 and xiaomi piston 2.0 had a love child, it would be the t1e lol

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #5,186 of 35,472
  sounds perfect to me, especially considering the price. Only 33$ in china.

Btw are the XE800 forgotten? I am gonna get them, because are they only 49$ in china.

Not by bhazard, he loves them and the Havi the most! 
biggrin.gif

And iirc some others have now jumped on the XE800. Probably just have not got them yet orders being placed not too long ago I think.

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #5,187 of 35,472
If the Havi b3 pro1 and xiaomi piston 2.0 had a love child, it would be the t1e lol

Ah man, I was with it until the pistons.
I'll wait until next week when some more reviews come in.

sounds perfect to me, especially considering the price. Only 33$ in china.

Btw are the XE800 forgotten? I am gonna get them, because are they only 49$ in china.

I would have ordered them last night but couldn't decide on a seller. The price spread is too far for me to tell which ones are going to be legit.

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #5,189 of 35,472

I like warm signatures, but I do enjoy details a lot. That's why I own some DT 770s as headphones, but use my amp to add some bass and treble. I listen to many kinds of music. Mostly dreamy indie stuff and any kind of black music like hiphop, R&B, soul, jazz. What makes me doubt is that I still have the gr02s as backup and Android L will provide better support for dacs. If that wasn't the case I would buy the T1E in a flash.

Jul 27, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #5,190 of 35,472
  I like warm signatures, but I do enjoy details a lot. That why I own some DT 770s as headphones, but use my amp to add some bass and treble. I listen to many kinds of music. Mostly dreamy indie stuff and any kind of black music like hiphop, R&B, soul, jazz. What makes me doubt is that I still have the gr02s as backup and Android L will provide better support for dacs. If that wasn't the case I would buy the T1E in a flash.

Then I would say either would be a mighty fine choice. Or both...? 
biggrin.gif
 I'll have impressions eventually.
Based on your music preference and warm signature, I would say TTPOD might be a slightly better choice but the Havi could do just as equally well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back