Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #4,786 of 35,472
Ttpod t1E- So far I get a very slight v shaped signature along the same tuning as the kc06a. It's nothing exaggerated like the Pistons.

Using my Sony f806- Fiio e18- IEM...

Going off memory using my preferred set up, the mids on these are clearly different.

Havi b3 pro I has a colder and articulate and flatter tuned midrange. Separation and detail is better on the havi.

TTPOD T1E has a more aggressive and musical approach. Notes have more weight on them and instruments pop out in front of vocals. It has incredible texture.

I can do a a-b comparison later.

I'm going to do a comparison between all three of my dual dynamic driver iems (havi, t1E, and im50). I think the head fi community would benefit from a comparison between these.

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #4,789 of 35,472
I've got the Moe-SS01 now for a month, they use the same drivers as the FXT90.
The stock tuning is bad, treble is so far lifted that voices sound artificial. The good news is they respond extremely well to EQ. 
Pulling the highs down two or three notches, causes the sound to flatten out and restore voices, all this while retaining excellent detail and extraordinary clarity.
The bass is fast, articulate and reaches down deep. More midbass than subbass, but nowhere near bloat.
All in all, with EQ, they're my current favourites.

The Philips Fidelio S1 received today. Haven't had the chance to listen to them, but they are coming to bed tonight. The gf can sleep on the couch.

Jul 17, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #4,792 of 35,472
If I remember, Peter said the Tangmai F1 was a decent consumer friendly tuned IEM, that didn't particularly stand out, but was v-shaped with decent attributes and good for the price, but nothing spectacular or WoW'ing? Please correct me if I spoke wrongly? I think this was the take on those..

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #4,793 of 35,472
Ttpod t1E- So far I get a very slight v shaped signature along the same tuning as the kc06a. It's nothing exaggerated like the Pistons.

Using my Sony f806- Fiio e18- IEM...

Going off memory using my preferred set up, the mids on these are clearly different.

Havi b3 pro I has a colder and articulate and flatter tuned midrange. Separation and detail is better on the havi.

TTPOD T1E has a more aggressive and musical approach. Notes have more weight on them and instruments pop out in front of vocals. It has incredible texture.

I can do a a-b comparison later.

I'm going to do a comparison between all three of my dual dynamic driver iems (havi, t1E, and im50). I think the head fi community would benefit from a comparison between these.

^ eagerly waiting for your impressions.

+1!

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #4,794 of 35,472
The Tenore and Basso are two of the very best vocal presentation IEMs you can get. Lush, beautiful, organic, and not a single trace of sibilance.

Yes I have the Tenore and like it very much. Wanting to get my hands on dynamic driver IEMs, since I find that I don't love BA drivers as much, and the Tenore is only micro dynamic driver yet can output so much, so at least having a dynamic driver inside the IEM is what I am looking for now

Jul 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #4,795 of 35,472
Could you tell us how they are?

Originally Posted by peter123 

Tangmai F1 arrived today after playing around with some different tips I've finally settled on the Fidelio S2 tips (again, I see a trend here).

The Tangmai F1 are 6ish on Taobao but ended up 12ish after freight and fees.

I don't have the time for a full review now but the initial impressions are very good. Too much bass for my preference but not more than that I can still enjoy them. The bass is not bloated but a bit too boomy and heavy. The rest of the soundspecter actually sounds very nice and they're also very clear sounding. I definitely like them better than the KZ a1 for those of you familiar with them.

I'm sorry but that's all I got time for now.

My impression is that F1 has more bass impact compared to Pistons 2.1

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #4,796 of 35,472
Originally Posted by peter123 

Tangmai F1 arrived today after playing around with some different tips I've finally settled on the Fidelio S2 tips (again, I see a trend here).

The Tangmai F1 are 6ish on Taobao but ended up 12ish after freight and fees.

I don't have the time for a full review now but the initial impressions are very good. Too much bass for my preference but not more than that I can still enjoy them. The bass is not bloated but a bit too boomy and heavy. The rest of the soundspecter actually sounds very nice and they're also very clear sounding. I definitely like them better than the KZ a1 for those of you familiar with them.

I'm sorry but that's all I got time for now.

My impression is that F1 has more bass impact compared to Pistons 2.1

Thanks, I'm going back home tomorrow and will probably be sober within a week so that I can give some impressions on all the stuff that should be waiting for me :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back