Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #4,336 of 35,472

Keep in mind, I got both of them at the same time, and formed a biased opinion right away :)  I was supposed to get KC06 a month ago and KC06A later, but both of the review units arrived at the same time, so I will have to review them together.

Regarding where to get these, Ostry has a list of recommended sellers on their webpage: http://www.ostry.com.cn/cms/page?pagetitle=57q_5LiL6K-V5ZCs

My personal recommendation is to keep checking with Penonaudio - the best source for headphones.  They don't have KC06A in stock yet, but will soon.  Ostry finished their second production batch of KC06A so you will see more of them around now.

Yay, KC06 vs KC06A! I'm waiting on your review, especially with those pics of your granite countertop! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 6, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #4,338 of 35,472
Nice to see more KC06As are finally being released.
I taped the vents on the body and poked some smaller pinholes in. I think it makes the bass a tad more controlled and focused, but I didn't sit and make comparisons or anything.
Film scores are glorious on them. Had a session with Nicholas Hooper's Harry Potter scores yesterday - so, so good.

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #4,339 of 35,472
Guys, about to buy a new headphone (under $100) for movies/music (mostly beat songs with [thumping] bass) & a little bit of Counter Strike. So, Takstar Pro 80 or would you recommend some other model/brand. Or should I get "non" Chinese/Japanese headphone like Sony MDRV6, Creative Aurvana Live, Shure SRH440?

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:40 AM Post #4,341 of 35,472
A bio-cellulose hybrid where the lows and mids are handle by BC driver, with a single BA tuned like the Zero Audio Singolos would be audio perfection?

Jul 6, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #4,343 of 35,472
Guys, about to buy a new headphone (under $100) for movies/music (mostly beat songs with [thumping] bass) & a little bit of Counter Strike. So, Takstar Pro 80 or would you recommend some other model/brand. Or should I get "non" Chinese/Japanese headphone like Sony MDRV6, Creative Aurvana Live, Shure SRH440?

My full recommendation goes with the JVC HA-MR77X. The bass and soundstage with what you're asking for will blow your mind! CNT tech to perfection.

Jul 6, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #4,344 of 35,472
The driver flex on my hk2 is kind of ridiculous. I can't get a seal on my hk2 without getting driver flex, even when I try to avoid it. The treble extension leaves me with something to be desired. I don't hear too much in terms of micro details either.

Despite these shortcomings the sound is great, but the driver flex is pretty annoying.

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #4,345 of 35,472

The Takstar brand and their line-up are all great headphones. I'm sure you'll be fine with the Pro 80's. My personal favorite headphones are the Takstar TS-600 (or TS-610 "black"). To me there sub-bass is smooth and precise with open and clear mids and highs with detachable wires. Though, is mostly plastic housing, but very sturdy and comfortable.

Jul 6, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #4,346 of 35,472

well, Sony is Japanese and Creative is Singaporean =) Few pages back someone posted about V-moda clones called KZ-LP and he prefers that to the pro 80. I've got the pro 80, imo its very good in terms of value for money. My only gripes are the metallic highs and stock pleather causing discomfort to my ears.

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #4,347 of 35,472
  Is the cable jacket on the KC06A worse (more unruly) than the KC06? I think someone else on these forums reported that, just wondering if your experience is the same.

I found cable jacket to be identical out of the box between these two. Isn't it uses some antibacterial material? Once I'm done with a burn in, I will do my usual wrap around three fingers and put in a round headphone case. Btw, speaking of that, KC06A pouch is wider than the one included with KC06. It looks the same, just wider opening. I would have loved to see Tenore's like cable... 

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #4,349 of 35,472
  well, Sony is Japanese and Creative is Singaporean =) Few pages back someone posted about V-moda clones called KZ-LP and he prefers that to the pro 80. I've got the pro 80, imo its very good in terms of value for money. My only gripes are the metallic highs and stock pleather causing discomfort to my ears.

Thanks, so I went through couple of pages & found the posts related to KZ-LP http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/3915#post_10648443

Looks good so far. Plus, if it has microphone (not sure?), then that would be additional bonus.

Tagging those users to get the fresh opinion on these two headphones
@Doodier @robakri @peter123

Which one would you guys recommend between KZ-LP & Takstar Pro-80?

EDIT: How to tag/mention a user in the post?

EDIT 2: I see on TaoBao that there's another version KZ-LP2 available?

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #4,350 of 35,472
If you want the mic you have to buy the version "with wheat" or something similar.. Weird translation is weird :) I have never heard Pro80 and I haven't had much time lately to listen to the KZ-LP so I don't think I'll be of much use to you. I'm sure @peter123 will help you a lot more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back