Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #3,931 of 35,472
I hope they will be - like I said, those were really early impressions, but one of the most positive first listens I have ever had - but that really doesn't mean all too much, but they are at least a very capable headphone, it's more a question if they fit the collection or not :D

You're not the first one saying that they equal or better than the Pro80's which is a damn niche headhone in my book. They we're my best sounding closed cans for a a long time so if something can rival them I'm interested :wink:

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #3,932 of 35,472
I absolutely love my qpad qh-90 (pro80 copy with mic) which I have with HM5 pads and some angular stuffing going on. They are my gaming headphone due to the great mic, that will not change so I better like them cause I'm stuck with them when gaming :D Saying that they equal them (which I will decide whether or not I will stick to later) is therefore a big statement as I use the pro80s on a daily basis.

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #3,933 of 35,472
I absolutely love my qpad qh-90 (pro80 copy with mic) which I have with HM5 pads and some angular stuffing going on. They are my gaming headphone due to the great mic, that will not change so I better like them cause I'm stuck with them when gaming :D Saying that they equal them (which I will decide whether or not I will stick to later) is therefore a big statement as I use the pro80s on a daily basis.

So it seems as we share the love for the Pro80 sound, let's hope for the same on the KZ LP's :wink:

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #3,935 of 35,472
  Well basically the whole thing :D There are bits about them being OEM seller to western brands but I guess it only applies to the body of these headphones, surely they don't have the same drivers as VModas, right? 
Also, there's something under the 6th photo which translates to english rughly as "these are not hifi headphones" and I'm not sure what I should make of that.

If you would be so kind and translate it just so I know what I actually bought, that would be peachy :) (link to product page http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=39260593836)

will try to translate after work, but be warned, it contains some boasting, trash talking and bull schiiting =)

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #3,936 of 35,472

Pro 80 has a few terrible peaks that requires EQ

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #3,937 of 35,472
I think the Pro80 is a fantastic all round product for it's price. Granted, I haven't heard too many full size headphones, but I've owned at least briefly the HE-400, Q701 and Dolphins, and the Pro80s probably have the best bang for buck out of the lot. I'm referring mainly to SQ, comfort and build quality.

I had a monstrous decision to sell either the Dolphins or the Pro80s. I eventually let go of the Dolphins, and miss it very much, but I do still believe I made a good choice picking the Pro80s over them. not so much for SQ (they are each good for different genres), but when I consider the whole package, I do believe the Pro80s get the edge there

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #3,938 of 35,472
So it seems as we share the love for the Pro80 sound, let's hope for the same on the KZ LP's
wink.gif

They are similar. I think you'll like them.

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #3,939 of 35,472
I think the Pro80 is a fantastic all round product for it's price. Granted, I haven't heard too many full size headphones, but I've owned at least briefly the HE-400, Q701 and Dolphins, and the Pro80s probably have the best bang for buck out of the lot. I'm referring mainly to SQ, comfort and build quality.

I had a monstrous decision to sell either the Dolphins or the Pro80s. I eventually let go of the Dolphins, and miss it very much, but I do still believe I made a good choice picking the Pro80s over them. not so much for SQ (they are each good for different genres), but when I consider the whole package, I do believe the Pro80s get the edge there

I believe i've not heard of other headphones with such good performance to price ratio.

Jun 20, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #3,940 of 35,472
  Pro 80 has a few terrible peaks that requires EQ

I agree to a point - I tried the EQ settings from the forum and I wasn't all too happy with it, I found that eq-ing it always removed something pleasant along with the unpleasantness, however after switching to the HM5 pads, they don't need the EQ - but the pro80 highs are their greatest downfall IMO - they sound metallic and just not on the level of the rest of the FR on the pro80s.

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #3,941 of 35,472
Last weekend I picked up a pair of Sennheiser hd558 on impulse since I stumbled across them in a physical store 50% off regular price. They're great headphones and I remembered why I prefer open cans to all other options. Got inspired and crazy so I also ordered the Q701's (which are really great BTW, picked them up yesterday). So now I'm wondering if any of you have seen or heard of some hidden gems open headphones from lesser known Chinese producers that might be worth checking out. I'm not looking for the regulars (Takstar, Somic etc) but something higher up the ladder with sq competing with the likes of hd600, q701, sr325is etc.

Any inputs?

I haven't heard them, but the Soundmagic HP200s seem worth considering. Then of course there are the HE-400s, which Razordog has b-stock on sale for a really good price. These are probably obvious choices, though.

My son has his birthday tomorrow so I've decided to give my pair to him and also ordered a v-moda boompro mic today since he wishes for a gaming headset.

Be careful, though. My teenage son is now starting to get picky about headphones and electronics. My fault :) Now I have to support his habit and mine! LOL

Jun 20, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #3,942 of 35,472
+1 on the HM5 pads.

I usually don't eq, not with the Pro80's either. I love them anyway :wink:

@bhazard
I'm glad to here that they sound similar since my son keeps stealing the Pro80's all the time. Sounds as both he and I will enjoy them :)

Jun 20, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #3,943 of 35,472
  I agree to a point - I tried the EQ settings from the forum and I wasn't all too happy with it, I found that eq-ing it always removed something pleasant along with the unpleasantness, however after switching to the HM5 pads, they don't need the EQ - but the pro80 highs are their greatest downfall IMO - they sound metallic and just not on the level of the rest of the FR on the pro80s.

The only EQ that the Pro 80 needs is a bit higher on the 4k slider to get that 4k dip up to flat. They already sound really nice on their own.

I just ordered my HM5 pads yesterday. Thanks to @Xtralglactic for letting me use his Jaycar (Brainwavs HM5 OEMs) I fell in love with those pads. Did you got yours from MP4 Nation? 

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #3,945 of 35,472
@DJScope

As far as I know mp4nation is the only place to get the HM5 pads. They also just started to carry them in velour as well. I've got great impression of mp4nation as a seller and get a lot of my stuff there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back