Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #3,796 of 35,472
I have recieved KZ ED3 and want to say that they are not so great as Xiaomi Piston 2.1 with mod and tea bag. Scene of KZ ED3 is average, treble a bit sharp. But bass and treble are near to be perfect. As for quality, it is really cool, better that a lot of headphones that I had (UE600, Sennheiser IE8, Sunrise Xcape). Sound is incredible for price, but Pistons are better. In my opinion with mod and tea bag they are so great as Sennheiser IE8 or Audio-Technica M50.

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #3,799 of 35,472
Hmm i suspect i have seal issue with my pistons and i think i'm correct. I used Tangmai's stock tips on my pistons and bass improved. Anyway i'll refrain myself from giving further impression =)

The stock tips for the pistons aren't firm at all. I usually wear between a small and medium but had to wear the large to get a good seal with those. The flimsy nature still made them comfortable.
Different tips do provide a significantly better seal, IMO.

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #3,800 of 35,472
  Just curious what kinda tracks you guys use for a/b?

The stock tips for the pistons aren't firm at all. I usually wear between a small and medium but had to wear the large to get a good seal with those. The flimsy nature still made them comfortable.
Different tips do provide a significantly better seal, IMO.
Actually, the new ones (especially the iF ones) are a lot firmer than the original 2.0. The 2.1 might also have similar tips, but you can never be sure what you're getting as Xiaomi never said that there would be a redesign. As a result, they get mixed up.

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #3,802 of 35,472
  Actually, the new ones (especially the iF ones) are a lot firmer than the original 2.0. The 2.1 might also have similar tips, but you can never be sure what you're getting as Xiaomi never said that there would be a redesign. As a result, they get mixed up.

I was talking about the tips that come with the iF version. Never owned the 2.0 so I cannot comment on those. The tips with the iF are by far the least structured, most flimsy tips that I've owned. 
The less-than-perfect seal from those tips helped to tame the bass a little, and I almost preferred the sound that way. It's possible that they still include old tip stocks with the iF, but it would be too hard to tell without owning both. Regardless, there are better tip options if getting a good seal is the goal. 

Jun 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #3,803 of 35,472
anyone tried Earmax ER600 before?
only $40 and you get an IEM with Knowles dual balanced armature driver (IMO it's driver of UE700 and DBA-02)
is this a good bargain? 
link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35553050272

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #3,804 of 35,472
I was talking about the tips that come with the iF version. Never owned the 2.0 so I cannot comment on those. The tips with the iF are by far the least structured, most flimsy tips that I've owned. 
The less-than-perfect seal from those tips helped to tame the bass a little, and I almost preferred the sound that way. It's possible that they still include old tip stocks with the iF, but it would be too hard to tell without owning both. Regardless, there are better tip options if getting a good seal is the goal. 

I can't get good seal out of all piston 2.1 stock tips. Re400 bi - flanges are better but still not good enough, at least for me.

Jun 14, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #3,805 of 35,472
The Album and Artist titles are reverse. Just a heads up.

HORY SHIET LOL

Thanks XD
beerchug.gif

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #3,806 of 35,472
My next Chinese brand purchase will be these...

The Tingo GX3

Should be in stock soon as it was to be shipping around or after June 10th. Could be delays as we see many times. A Translation :) of the particulars...

"Product description:

Section "GX3" headset is "Tingo" independent research and development of new products.
Its main features are:
Using a diameter of 6.8 mm moving coil unit, HIFI in domestic or foreign markets are rarely used in such a small unit and make good sound quality, mainly due to the development of small units difficult, difficult tuning, high cost!
The advantage is that the headset is small and exquisite appearance, wearing comfortable, stable unit sound!

Headphone parameters
1. Using self-developed high-quality micro-coil unit, after months of repeated tests to ensure the stability of the sound quality.
2 precision alloy chamber, like gods, atmospheric, noble!
3 sets of silicone with independent research and development, and flocking silicone sleeve, which is to ensure wearing comfort, but also perfect to improve sound quality.
4 exclusive launch high transmission low-loss high on special very soft yellow snakeskin lines, minimizing the effects of auscultation, professional fever wire, fever and students. Temporarily the only one on the market!
5 Each headset has to go through several high-precision test instrument testing before shipment to ensure that no defective products.
6 with a beautifully packaged box, router, whether it is a gift or for personal use are very appropriate.

This section has been touring the micro-ring-like version of the old Shao audition in! Everyone has gone beyond the shop reflects all small headphones TG!
A GX3, TG all headsets will readjust! Stay tuned!

GX3 preliminary packaging design, and finally shipped prevail!

Expected to ship around June 10th!"

I have two Tingo's and really like them both. Those are ear buds and not in-ears though. The flocked silicone tips are interesting and are sold alone for 10Yuan a set I believe. We'll see how these funny fuzzy tips turn out. The GX3 are not on Taobao yet but hopefully by this week or next if they did not get delayed.

Jun 15, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #3,808 of 35,472
I'm sure all the information is in this thread but since I'm lazy and busy I'll ask anyway. I'f I were to buy affordable iem's what should I get? I don't need iem's but I've been thinking about getting a pair anyway. I have my mind set on a certain high end iem's but before that I would like to get an affordable pair as reference before I go all in. Pistons, ostry? What else is there? I have my preferences with soundsignature but those are irrelevant now. I just want something that best shows the potential on inexpensive iem. I've heard my share of good headphones but I've never owned good iem's.

Jun 15, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #3,809 of 35,472
I'm sure all the information is in this thread but since I'm lazy and busy I'll ask anyway. I'f I were to buy affordable iem's what should I get? I don't need iem's but I've been thinking about getting a pair anyway. I have my mind set on a certain high end iem's but before that I would like to get an affordable pair as reference before I go all in. Pistons, ostry? What else is there? I have my preferences with soundsignature but those are irrelevant now. I just want something that best shows the potential on inexpensive iem. I've heard my share of good headphones but I've never owned good iem's.
What kind of music do you listen to? What part of the frequencyrange do you like the most? (sub bass? high bass/low mids? high mids/low treble? high treble?) Are you looking for something musical or articulate?

Answering these will give us a better idea of what to suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back