Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #3,289 of 35,472
About KC06, Havi B3Pro original and Tenores this is my short short version so far:

KC06:
Great clarity and very nice bass. Not my cup of yea though. Someone described them as producing a "wall of sound" and I agree. The soundstage depth and separation is sub par for me. They're a nice IEM but not my favourite. To me they kind of lack the soul if that makes sense.

Havi B3Pro original:
The Havi's to me are very special. They've got the most natural voices, best soundstage in both depth and width that I've ever heard in a IEM and an amazing separation. The big drawback with them is the lack is sufficient subbass to be a great all rounder for me. For acoustic music, rock and metal I love them. They easily outperform even the Tenores on vocals and acoustic music for me.

ZA Tenores:
Really great allover. Great soundstage, bass, separation and clarity. This is the best allrounder I own. The only drawback is that my preferred music gengeres are the ones where the Havi shines and they really does these gengeres better than the Tenores to my ears. As soon as I want more bass the Tenores are my choice though. They are also really smooth and easy to like.

For my preferences the Havi and the Tenores are my two favourites at the moment. YMMV
wink.gif

I really like the current quality offered in the budget segment from this "new" companies and looking forward to the future releases from them.

And once again: Can someone please give me a B3 with subbass impact!

I agree fully with this, although the Tenore is on the way for me. The Havi is something special, but really lacks in bass and needs bass boost to shine. I'll probably never get rid of it...

...unless they make a version that increases the bass without losing the soundstage. They tried to do that with the Pro 2, but failed. B6 maybe?

The KC06A is actually a nice overall compromise all rounder. It has that increased bass, but with a bigger soundstage and the same beautiful mids as the KC06.

With the Dunu DN-2000 on the way, I'll finally see if the $200+ iems are worth the cost, or if we've found happiness with sub $100 monsters like the Havi, Ostry, and Tenore.

May 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #3,290 of 35,472
Have tried to get her into earphone but she has been using Philips SHE3580 for the past 6 years and refused to try anything else because this is the only iem that is ultra comfy to her.

Nothing that a needle poked into the drivers won't cure :evil:

May 28, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #3,291 of 35,472
@bhazard

Yeah, I really have a hard time convincing myself to start bying IEM's in the 2-300$ range since:

A) I'm sure that there will be a lot of trade offs in these as well.

B) I've got some full size cqns that I really love and prefer for listening at home.

C) I'm not confident that many if them really are that much better to me than my current favourites.

D) I'm worried about moving even further up in price if I don't find the holy graal in this tier either.

Yeah, if Havi pulls it of with the B6 I'll be more than happy. I've got my doubts though after hearing the Pro2.

Looking forward to your impressions on the DN-2000 :)

May 28, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #3,293 of 35,472
About KC06, Havi B3Pro original and Tenores this is my short short version so far:

KC06:
Great clarity and very nice bass. Not my cup of yea though. Someone described them as producing a "wall of sound" and I agree. The soundstage depth and separation is sub par for me. They're a nice IEM but not my favourite. To me they kind of lack the soul if that makes sense.

Havi B3Pro original:
The Havi's to me are very special. They've got the most natural voices, best soundstage in both depth and width that I've ever heard in a IEM and an amazing separation. The big drawback with them is the lack is sufficient subbass to be a great all rounder for me. For acoustic music, rock and metal I love them. They easily outperform even the Tenores on vocals and acoustic music for me.

ZA Tenores:
Really great allover. Great soundstage, bass, separation and clarity. This is the best allrounder I own. The only drawback is that my preferred music gengeres are the ones where the Havi shines and they really does these gengeres better than the Tenores to my ears. As soon as I want more bass the Tenores are my choice though. They are also really smooth and easy to like.

For my preferences the Havi and the Tenores are my two favourites at the moment. YMMV
wink.gif

I really like the current quality offered in the budget segment from this "new" companies and looking forward to the future releases from them.

And once again: Can someone please give me a B3 with subbass impact!

Are you saying you like Havi B3 the most for Rock music?

May 29, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #3,295 of 35,472
@peter123

The closest thing I've heard to the b3 with sub bass is the dn1000 or the gr07BE.

I've never heard the dn2k but I've read that it doesn't have the same bass impact as the dn1000. I hear that the mids are breathtaking though.

I'm tempted to get gr07be if that is true. But i'm also getting tenore , how those two compare?

May 29, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #3,297 of 35,472
I'm tempted to get gr07be if that is true. But i'm also getting tenore , how those two compare?
You have to burn in the gr07BE for about 300 hours before it starts sounding great, and even at that point it can still be sibilant at times. Other than that it's epic. If you have an amplifier the havi is the better choice because they're great right out of the box and are detailed and handle a bass boost well.

May 29, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #3,298 of 35,472
You have to burn in the gr07BE for about 300 hours before it starts sounding great, and even at that point it can still be sibilant at times. Other than that it's epic. If you have an amplifier the havi is the better choice because they're great right out of the box and are detailed and handle a bass boost well.

I' m using c&c bh2 so it should be able to give a slight bass boost to havi b3 . This will be my next buy :wink: . Need to get paid first

Currently waiting for my tenore to arrive , i choose a seller from amazon from Japan , hopefully everything turns out ok. I wish penonaudio had these , i trust them

May 29, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #3,299 of 35,472
  I' m using c&c bh2 so it should be able to give a slight bass boost to havi b3 . This will be my next buy :wink: . Need to get paid first

Currently waiting for my tenore to arrive , i choose a seller from amazon from Japan , hopefully everything turns out ok. I wish penonaudio had these , i trust them

I wonder how the tenore will perform against the Hifiman RE-400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back