Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #2,492 of 35,472
Subbed as well.

So, is the general consensus that the Asian market is a better place for IEMs and earbuds than full sized or on-ear headphones? It seems that most of the discussion is related to IEMs, if you don't count the occasional Don Scorpio Dolphin or Somic mention :)

I guess I should really get in on the Asian IEM scene. Would the Pistons be a good start? Also, what are your favorite portable Asian headphones? The Zoros seem to get all the love in the world, any others?

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #2,494 of 35,472
  Subbed as well.

So, is the general consensus that the Asian market is a better place for IEMs and earbuds than full sized or on-ear headphones? It seems that most of the discussion is related to IEMs, if you don't count the occasional Don Scorpio Dolphin or Somic mention :)

I guess I should really get in on the Asian IEM scene. Would the Pistons be a good start? Also, what are your favorite portable Asian headphones? The Zoros seem to get all the love in the world, any others?

They have everything. The Pistons would be an excellent start to see the bang for the buck you can get.

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #2,495 of 35,472
Hi guys, I'm new to the feed but I can't think of anywhere else better to ask this question.

I've recently jumped on the Pistons 2.0 bandwagon. I love their sound signature (and price). If there is anything I would want different, it would be for something with the exact same style sound, but the mids be a little more forward and up front. I am not a fan of modding so rigging my Pistons with a paper clip and tea bags is out of the question.

Any suggestions of what would have the Pistons sound but a bit more forward with their mids? Thanks

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #2,496 of 35,472
Hi guys, I'm new to the feed but I can't think of anywhere else better to ask this question.

I've recently jumped on the Pistons 2.0 bandwagon. I love their sound signature (and price). If there is anything I would want different, it would be for something with the exact same style sound, but the mids be a little more forward and up front. I am not a fan of modding so rigging my Pistons with a paper clip and tea bags is out of the question.

Any suggestions of what would have the Pistons sound but a bit more forward with their mids? Thanks

I think it's SoundMagic E10. Still V-Shape sound with more forward mid and better treble.

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #2,497 of 35,472
pokenguyen said:
.I think it's SoundMagic E10. Still V-Shape sound with more forward mid and better treble.

I have them, as well as the e30. Both of them are excellent. I slightly prefer the e30 over the e10.

I'm just so hooked on how the bass sounds on the Pistons and still is clear and crisp.

If I could make a love child that had the bass and clarity of the Pistons, sub bass quality of the mh1c, the fit of the e30, and the forward mids of the monoprice 9927, at a price under 100 bucks my journey would be complete lol.

I might just bite the bullet and buy the gr07 BE next.

Apr 15, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #2,498 of 35,472

Monster Gratitude's also fit that description.

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #2,499 of 35,472
The Intopic Jazz i57 are really, really good. I think that they might outperform the AX35 and are actually in the same league as the Gratitude's and the B3 Pro's. Just different sound signature.

Did I mention that I paid $25 for them :wink:

Just a shame they're so hard to find. Anyone living in Asia should really keep an eye out for them.

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #2,501 of 35,472
The Intopic Jazz i57 are really, really good. I think that they might outperform the AX35 and are actually in the same league as the Gratitude's and the B3 Pro's. Just different sound signature.

Did I mention that I paid $25 for them
wink.gif

Just a shame they're so hard to find. Anyone living in Asia should really keep an eye out for them.

Hard to find a Taiwan vendor. Where did you find them?

Apr 15, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #2,502 of 35,472
I was so lucky that a fellow head-fier brought them back to Europe from Taiwan and then mailed them to me. He did a review on them in the discovery thread and I (of course :wink: ) thought they sounded interesting but couldn't find them and he offered to help, very sporty indeed!

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #2,504 of 35,472

Did I mention that I paid $25 for them
wink.gif

I did a casual search on my local computer shop and the shop does carry Intopic brand.
The catch? The shop sells 8 types of Intopic IEM.

The price is in local currency, but as a reference, the price of i57 (Rp 118,000) is about US$ 10. In Indonesia usually the price displayed is already tax inclusive. Local shipping is about less than US$ 1 in here.

The problem is now selecting which one to buy from a choice of eight :)

Link (look at row 2 - 4):
http://www.alnect.net/product.php?/13/104/507/Special-Tools/Speaker-Headset-Mic/Earphone

I can buy it for you, but the cost of shipping to Down Under or North America will probably more than the price of the IEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back