Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 22, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #2,206 of 35,472
Soundstage is good, but in classical music treble must be great. In B3 are barely average (for the price $ 50).
Currently I don't have iems or headphones worse than Havi at higher frequencies.

Mar 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #2,210 of 35,472
  Soundstage is good, but in classical music treble must be great. In B3 are barely average (for the price $ 50).
Currently I don't have iems or headphones worse than Havi at higher frequencies.

I have read your posts and I am having hard time understanding your assessment of B3 Pro v1 as dark and slow.  

Also, did you end up purchasing both versions of B3 Pro?  Your earlier posts seem to indicate that you had v2, and you seem to have modded your B3 Pro.

I am not implying anything.  In fact I am still learning a lot.  I am just confused.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #2,211 of 35,472
I have read your posts and I am having hard time understanding your assessment of B3 Pro v1 as dark and slow.  

Also, did you end up purchasing both versions of B3 Pro?  Your earlier posts seem to indicate that you had v2, and you seem to have modded your B3 Pro.

I am not implying anything.  In fact I am still learning a lot.  I am just confused.

+1, I also would like to know this.

Impressive comparison I must say I'd like the more neutral version but I have to see if the converter jack fits me and the cable. I will keep an eye on them too,

I'm still thinking about that since it would be around $70 and I'm not willing to spend again that much.

Have you tried them? I'm reading mixed reviews on Astrotec's hybrids.

Are you planning to sell them or just keep them rshould for your collection? I wish I was capable with these work!

Yes I've got the as35 and like them quite a bit. I think the main complaints on them is lack of bass but if I remember correct this shouldn't be a problem for you.

Jokers review of them should be up soon if I understand correct.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #2,212 of 35,472

My ears are saying the opposite. I am extremely satisfied with the highs as well. Are you sure you have the Pro1 version?

Please clarify your item version first.

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #2,214 of 35,472

I have a B3 Pro v1 (v2 has soldered drivers in a different way).
And maybe for someone Havi are natural in the realm of sound, but compared with Audeo for example, B3 are dark, slow, and have poor treble.

Impressions depend on what headphones you use every day. At the moment my main earphones are Custom Art Pro330. In the second place I'm using Audeo PFE112 with gray filters. From the large headphones I have the AD-700X. All of them simply demolish B3 in sq, especially when it comes to treble.
Of course, all are more expensive than Havi, but on the other hand, I know what to expect from the sound.

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #2,215 of 35,472
And maybe for someone Havi are natural in the realm of sound, but compared with Audeo for example, B3 are dark, slow, and have poor treble.

Impressions depend on what headphones you use every day. At the moment my main earphones are Custom Art Pro330. In the second place I'm using Audeo PFE112 with gray filters. From the large headphones I have the AD-700X. All of them simply demolish B3 in sq, especially when it comes to treble.
Of course, all are more expensive than Havi, but on the other hand, I know what to expect from the sound.

Thanks for your answer.

I suppose maybe BA vs DD difference?  I own IE80 as well and that is also dual dynamic drivers.  If anything, it sounds darker than B3 Pro v1 which also has dual dynamic drivers.

I never liked sounds of BA much though.  I am waiting for more hybrids.

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #2,216 of 35,472
Took a peek at Head-fi after staying away for a few years and saw this thread. Spent the past two weeks reading through it and I ended up throwing my wallet at a Havi B3 Pro v1 and Xiaomi Pistons (IF edition).

Ordered the Havi off of Penon last week and just came in today. Really amazed by the SQ for $59, completely blows my Panasonic HJE900 out of the water that I have been using for years. Might go as far to say the Havi might be a nice replacement after losing my UE TF10s years back and always wanted something that sounded just as good since then.
smile.gif

The Pistons will be coming in later as it is part of a large taobao order that was organized by my friend and have to do a local pick up. Pistons were ordered directly from Xiaomi's taobao page. Since I kept reading these were a basshead iem, I'm still excited to get these despite having the B3 in my hands already.

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #2,218 of 35,472

I suppose maybe BA vs DD difference?

Maybe, I don't know too much dynamic DD. But if one dynamic driver is enough to produce a much better treble and dynamics than in Havi, I think it's more a matter of tuning.

@quartertone - make A-B comparison with Audeo on the gray filters.

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #2,219 of 35,472

The best headphone I can compare is the AKG K340 Eletrostatic-Dynamic (modded and recabled). I feed it with a Darkvoice 336SE. All I can say that Havi B3 Pro1 reminds me of all the qualities of that AKG hybrid headphone. Not lacking highs. On the same level. And even more detailed! This is my ear and my gear to compare... There are many variables though... YMMV.

Mar 22, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #2,220 of 35,472
Sure, just like Sony MH1 are better than the AKG K3003, or KPP are better than the HD600.
Ordinary hype that will soon be over - as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back