Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #1,456 of 35,472

Yes, I just read the message from them sent 2 days back. They said it will be available on 20th/21st Feb. Not sure what marking they have done now, but I just feedback to them to put a sticker tag "旧版pro" or "First Pro" version to indicate it is the former pro version. So it won't be any confusion when anyone order via a purchasing agent. You may probably stress on the words "旧版pro" and the agent/seller should know.

I told Havi that the old pro is highly recommend and he agreed that the vocal is really good on it but the bass may not excite the mass market. So they came out with the Pro II version to cater for mass market as they would definitely need to generate profit for the effort.

Thanks to bhazard for the effort and recommendation!

No, thank you! You were able to communicate to them to help get them back on the market. Kudos. The Pro 1 is a much better IEM.

So the bass is lacking on the original pro?

The bass is very neutral in the first pro, like the RE-400. It doesn't have much impact or punch, but it is clear and defined.

The bass is much bigger on the pro II, but treble is greatly lacking.

Feb 20, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #1,457 of 35,472

Have not heard any of the Havi B3s yet - but the differences were clearly enough described by bhazard.

The first Pro should/does NOT lack bass - it is tuned to be as neutral as possible to actually cater to the pro use, where no emphasis on any part of the spectrum is the #1 maxima. Such voicing may not be appreciated by consumers at large, who might want their cans to "contribute" to the music style(s) preffered. Bassheads would feel miserable with the first pro - they desire/require bass on bass on (more of the same ) bass...

That is why Havi produced pro and "enhanced" version with much more sales potential - and now Pro II. Please read the comments on the differences among various versions of Havi B3s - and then decide which is your cup of tea (or whatever) . 

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #1,458 of 35,472
[COLOR=FF0000]Buyer Note: This version is B3pro edition is the first edition pro version. [/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]Buyers need better front-end thrust, preferably with the amp. [/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000]If the front-end will be relatively weak sound enough thrust. [/COLOR]

That's what the info says so it should be the original Pro version.

Excellent, thank you very much!

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #1,459 of 35,472
BHazard, I read at the beginning of this thread that you compared the Havi's with $200 earphones and the Pistons with 100$ earphones. Can you just explain that a bit? I love my pistons and think that the sound quality is absolutely great, and would therefore, probably, love the Havi's even more. Thanks.  

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #1,460 of 35,472

Sorry that I do not have both to compare and you will have to refer to bhazard review. From Havi, the guy said that Pro II has enhancement on the low, mid and high etc to appeal to the mass market, younger crowds.

Below are the direct words from them, probably need google translation:

哈威havi耳机直通店 (2014-02-16 12:57:22):
是的。但那一版发出去很多人反应不好。声音太柔弱。只有很少一部分前端非常好的人喜欢。所以我们作了升级。三频能量加强。

Me (2014-02-16 12:59:48):
可能大众的要求吧,,, 呵呵。。 还没到位。 如果现在要求前期的PRO, 你还有吗?

哈威havi耳机直通店 (2014-02-16 13:06:27):
你听过那版吗?
老版专业版我的感觉是声音毒。
但对前端要求较高,比较吃推力。
听发烧人声非常毒,略有齿音。高频色彩好!

Me (2014-02-16 13:08:17):
我还没听过。。 在HEAD-FI 网 ,好几个都在谈。。 最好是旧PRO版。。。 他们也扯开了研究要怎么把新版改回旧版呢

哈威havi耳机直通店 (2014-02-16 13:09:06):
但局限性大。不是所有类型音乐都能完美表现。
比如一些年轻人喜欢的动感音乐就欠火候。

google translate: (is crap translation, but give you some idea what was done for Pro II sound)

Harvey havi headphone pass-through store (2014-02-16 12:57:22):
Yes. But which version sent out a lot of people react badly. Sound too weak. Only a small part of the front end of a very good person likes. So we made ​​the upgrade. Tri-band energy is strengthened.

Me (2014-02-16 12:59:48):
Volkswagen may request it, huh, huh. . Yet in place. If you now require pre-PRO, you still have it?

Harvey havi headphone pass-through store (2014-02-16 13:06:27):
Have you heard that version?
Old version of Professional Edition My feeling is that the sound poison.
But require a higher front-end, more eating thrust.
Listen fever vocals are very toxic, slightly toothed tone. High-frequency color is good!

Me (2014-02-16 13:08:17):
I have not heard of. . In HEAD-FI network, several talking about. . The best of the old PRO version. . . They also study how to tear up the new version changed back to an earlier version of it

Harvey havi headphone pass-through store (2014-02-16 13:09:06):
But the big limitations. Not all types of music can be a perfect performance.
For example, some young people like the dynamic music owes heat.

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #1,461 of 35,472
That's for the day, guys and I be heading to bed now. I will post up some feedback if Havi will put up a sticker to double indentify the old version when I hear from them again. Cheers!

BTW, You may probably want to stress on the words "旧版pro" in your order via a purchasing agent.

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #1,462 of 35,472
That's for the day, guys and I be heading to bed now. I will post up some feedback if Havi will put up a sticker to double indentify the old version when I hear from them again. Cheers!

Great work, thank you!

I'll order my pair tomorrow :)

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #1,463 of 35,472
  No, thank you! You were able to communicate to them to help get them back on the market. Kudos. The Pro 1 is a much better IEM.

The bass is very neutral in the first pro, like the RE-400. It doesn't have much impact or punch, but it is clear and defined.

The bass is much bigger on the pro II, but treble is greatly lacking.

Ok, great. Thanks for the description. Im gonna keep my somics then. I just cut off the terrible memory wire, and found tips that fit nice in my ear. Really liking them. I am now a bit worried about ordering the takstar pro 80. I like bass AND treble. Hope im not disappointed.

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #1,464 of 35,472
Ok, great. Thanks for the description. Im gonna keep my somics then. I just cut off the terrible memory wire, and found tips that fit nice in my ear. Really liking them. I am now a bit worried about ordering the takstar pro 80. I like bass AND treble. Hope im not disappointed.

The Pro80's are excellent headphones I'll hope you like them, I sure love my pair and I also like bass AND treble :wink:

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #1,465 of 35,472
  BHazard, I read at the beginning of this thread that you compared the Havi's with $200 earphones and the Pistons with 100$ earphones. Can you just explain that a bit? I love my pistons and think that the sound quality is absolutely great, and would therefore, probably, love the Havi's even more. Thanks.  

Yep. The Havi is the better earphone. The Piston has the bigger bass, the Havi has the better treble/vocals. Nice to have both.

The Pro 80 does both very well.

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #1,467 of 35,472
  So I contacted Xiaomi about getting a bulk shipment of Piston 2.0. They said that they only allow 2 pieces per account / buyer. I'm guessing only certain trusted distributors / resellers are allowed to buy from them in bulk. Guess they don't want the U.S. market to expand at all.

Oh well, such a shame because these are incredible IEMs for the money. Best part is, the controller fully works with Android AND Apple products.

The controller doesn't work for my Nexus 4.  The only thing that works is the middle button.  It will pause/play, and if I hold it down to opens up the (thus far, for me) ever so useless Google Now app.  Would love to be able to next/previous songs and change volume.

What music app are you using that the controller works for?  I'm using the built in one.

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #1,468 of 35,472
  The controller doesn't work for my Nexus 4.  The only thing that works is the middle button.  It will pause/play, and if I hold it down to opens up the (thus far, for me) ever so useless Google Now app.  Would love to be able to next/previous songs and change volume.

What music app are you using that the controller works for?  I'm using the built in one.

Typically volume buttons are for apple devices ONLY, so that's expected.  Multifunction button should work for play/pause/call and long press for Google NOW. Also, double-click to skip to the next track.  Every single pair of headphones I tested with my Note 2 worked that way.  You can also try JAYS app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.jays.headsetcontrol) to configure triple-click to skip back, though you will have to play with click delay setting to get it to work.

Strangely, some of tte Xiaomi promo pictures show the headphone with HTC One, Samsung, and Xperia implying it will fully work with Android phones.  Unless if real Piston does work and fake one doesn't?

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #1,469 of 35,472
I didn't know that about the volume, but thanks for the heads up! 

I tried Jays and I didn't get any results out of it, but that was because I was too busy trying to get the volume buttons to work.  I guess I'll try it again.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back