Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,156 of 35,472
  Those are the newest version being offered by Havi, which doesn't sound as good as the pro tuned one. I talked to the seller and he only has access to the newest ones.

I would be very surprised if fake Havi exists BUT there's three versions of the B3's and there's no way telling them from each other on looks so if you're not willing to gamble with your money I'd stay away from them.

Thank you both. I want these iems soo bad :frowning2:

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #1,157 of 35,472
Why do you people even bother trying to order Pistons from Ebay? What's wrong with Ibuygou? Come on, the Pistons are cheap enough and to risk for a couple of $$ by ordering from from Ebay is not worth it. Ibuygou ships worldwide for free and you know that you will get the original ones, plus I got mine in about two weeks which is not bad at all (usually it takes 2-4 weeks when ordering from China). So I really don't get you guys, there's been so much talk about the fakes, and yet you still order from some shady sellers on Ebay and then complain how bad the (fake) Pistons are...

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #1,158 of 35,472
Left the AF81 playing all night, so some burn-in, bass has settled a little, it hits very hard and has great impact and body. I still prefer tighter quicker lows but these are fun, really great kick, kick drums sound realistic with great body.
Mids are the best part really, being nice and airy with great detail. The highs again are not the most defined or crisp but are present, they just lack a little finesse up top.

Comfort now that I'm using the stock small tips is good, it takes a while to find the right tip.

Feb 1, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #1,159 of 35,472
Why do you people even bother trying to order Pistons from Ebay? What's wrong with Ibuygou? Come on, the Pistons are cheap enough and to risk for a couple of $$ by ordering from from Ebay is not worth it. Ibuygou ships worldwide for free and you know that you will get the original ones, plus I got mine in about two weeks which is not bad at all (usually it takes 2-4 weeks when ordering from China). So I really don't get you guys, there's been so much talk about the fakes, and yet you still order from some shady sellers on Ebay and then complain how bad the (fake) Pistons are...

+1, I also have trouble understanding this.

Feb 1, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #1,160 of 35,472
I just made a small modification of the cable from MH415 - I cut these stupid pieces of plastic that are pretending to be memory wire. Comfort is now amazing. Clean cord with Comply S200 just make MH415 disappears.

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #1,162 of 35,472

I guest there is always a urge to save a few bucks. Most people don't understand that they'll spend more money in the end. They will have to repurchase an authentic one to replace the fake one.

Feb 1, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #1,163 of 35,472
I guest there is always a urge to save a few bucks. Most people don't understand that they'll spend more money in the end. They will have to repurchase an authentic one to replace the fake one.

True......its happening here on this thread, more percentage for that matter. Thats why our joker refuse to hop here.........to not be real joker as some cries here. Pls gents,buy legit from recommended........always. And pls recommend.

Feb 1, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #1,164 of 35,472

+1  From a long time lurker, the Pistons 2.0 looked interesting so I purchased from AliExpress.  They arrived in 20 days and from the reviews from others appear to be genuine.  Shipped with Singapore Post for free, it was also 'gifted' so no import tax and the package was small so letterbox friendly.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Version-Golden-Color-XIAOMI-Piston-II-Earphone-Headphone-with-Remote-Mic-For-XIAOMI-MI2-MI2S/1523311595.html

My usual IEMs are the Monster Isport Immersion, the Pistons bass hits a little harder and is better controlled, (although that is relative to the monsters, I have some Beyer DT1350s that destroy them in the control department) the mids are a little more recessed and the highs are more prominent than the mids but not 'bright'.   I find them quite fun to listen to.
....my test tracks were Sweet Disposition-The Temper Trap (SHM), Royals-Lorde and Enter Sandman-Metallica....all 320mp3 from an HTC One.   Both headphones have got comply t-200 tips.

Build quality is really nice (and they do smell a little of chocolate), one issue I have with them is that the cord is short so I cannot use as gym IEMs........a really small annoyance is that L/R is not apparent.  The pistons are not commuter friendly either, people will be able to hear what you are listening to.

On another note, I've really enjoyed this thread so thanks to bhazard and all the contributors, I've ordered some Takstar pro 80's from reviews as well so have high hopes!

Feb 1, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #1,165 of 35,472
any idea of Plextone brand? 
http://www.amazon.cn/%E6%95%B0%E7%A0%81%E5%BD%B1%E9%9F%B3/dp/B00BTS08TU
http://www.amazon.cn/%E6%95%B0%E7%A0%81%E5%BD%B1%E9%9F%B3/dp/B00BTS08TU

Feb 2, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #1,166 of 35,472
Got the "enhanced" stock version of the Havi B3 today. Came with a nice case and extra tips which the previous one didn't.

Sound wise an hour in.... yuck. Bloated bass, boosted mids, dark, lacking treble, not very clear. Sounds like a completely different in-ear compared to the one I have.

Unless you can still get the "professional tuned" version from Havi, I'd avoid it.

Maybe i agree with you my havi b3 is very weird sound. The most weird sounding.

Feb 3, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #1,169 of 35,472

Actually the Pistons have a R/L mark on them. At first I didn't know that either, but before I threw the paper box away, I scanned it through and even though I don't understand Chinese, I found out that the right side headphone actually has a small rubber part just below the headphone itself. Look at this picture:

The Pistons get better with time, the first time I plugged them in they sounded really washed away and thin, lacking in every department. But now, wow, they really sound good. I'm actually a bit sad that I only ordered 1 pair, should have ordered some for my friends and family too, but now it's the Chinese new year and I've got to wait at least 2 weeks. 

Feb 3, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #1,170 of 35,472
Just received my XIAOMI Piston headphones and I have to say: AMAZING.

These pick up frequencies that I don't think the Sennheiser PMX 80's can that's for sure. Although I liked the sound initially of the PMX80's, I realised it's because I've gotten used to the headset, when I heard details in the music I hadn't heard before that all my other earbuds I have couldn't, I realised the beauty of these incredible bargain gems.  I also noticed that after a couple of plays the bass started to have more depth again.

I think these are a set that will require a bit of breaking in, but even from the get go, I was seriously blown away with the quality of these.  I kept saying to myself "What truck did these fall off of?  There worth WAY more than $9".

Honestly fellow Head-fiers, these are superb.  I would recommend these Xiaomi's over the CoGoo's by far, much more depth and definite frequency range provide a clarity that even the Sennheiser PMX 80's have trouble matching.  There right up there with the Superlux HD681's in my view and that's saying something for a pair of ear bud earphones.  Give them a whirl, I'm certain you will not be disappointed.

I just can't believe how good these are.  HOW????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back