Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #1,127 of 35,472
Hi everyone!
I've received some hours ago my new Xiaomi Piston IEM, and i was so excited to test them. But after some minutes i became disappointed. Bass, bass everywhere. Too much bass.
It's a shame, because i was expected something more pleasant on highs (i LOVE highs). It's a shame because the earbuds aren't so bad after all, construction is good (but the cable is A LOT microphonic) and the package is very good.

Another pair of in ear to put somewhere in my room and forget.

Jan 30, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #1,128 of 35,472
From which link did he order his?

This is the original link which mentioned pro version or enhanced at the time. I placed in the mistertao.com comments to purchase the pro, and they did. This link now only seems to offer the newest tuning.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=35700828655

This link is the one listed in the B3-Pro section, but there is no indication that this is the pro version. Has the same description as the other one. If you were to gamble in buying one, it would be this link, and say in the comments to the Taobao forwarding service you want the professsional tuned version. It's still a gamble right now.
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=36052562138

More comments, he used to post here but can't anymore:

"what jumped out at my at first listen is the spacious soundstage and the airiness between instruments like the RE-400/ZERO. It's a very transparent dual dynamic. The mids aren't lush like the M200, but that's ok for me, because the mids are still well represented, and not as claustrophobic as the M200's mids are. I'd qualify the Havi B3 Pro as sounding very similar to the HiFiMan RE-ZERO, but with better bass weight, speed, and almost identical treble response to the RE-400, with that same type of transparency/airyness. It's definitely a keeper and ends my search at the moment for a great all-arounder every day dual dynamic.

i'm hoping with burn in the bass gets a bit more refined. It's definitely balanced, and hence bass light, and though it still has bass that's better than the RE, it's still doesn't have much sub bass depth or impact. It's an articulate bass, but not refined or deep reaching. It's linear. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #1,129 of 35,472
  Hi everyone!
I've received some hours ago my new Xiaomi Piston IEM, and i was so excited to test them. But after some minutes i became disappointed. Bass, bass everywhere. Too much bass.
It's a shame, because i was expected something more pleasant on highs (i LOVE highs). It's a shame because the earbuds aren't so bad after all, construction is good (but the cable is A LOT microphonic) and the package is very good.

Try Somic MH415 - less bass, much more treble.

Jan 31, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #1,130 of 35,472
I've had my Pistons for a week now and I have to disagree. Okay, they are bassy, but not too much. I've never been a fan of IEM's, but the Pistons are actually that good that they have convinced me to think otherwise. I'm using them as I write and they are absolutely a steal for the money! There are better IEM's out there, but I paid $18 for them and for that money, it's a killer deal. Superb design, looks and feels very expensive, plus the packaging was very clever. And the sound is not bad either 
wink_face.gif

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #1,131 of 35,472
  Hi everyone!

Who did you buy it from? A lot of fakes are going around.

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #1,133 of 35,472
  I've bought them from this page:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Xiaomi-PISTONE-Brown-Cuffie-Headset-Auricolare-Per-MI2-MI2A-MI2S-/400624969841?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:IT:3160

That's the original silver piston, and it may even be a fake.

This is the Piston 2.0 we are talking about. I bought from this link, and it's real:
http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_xiaomi_piston_earphone_updated_version_brown-5708-usd.html

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #1,134 of 35,472
More B3 Pro updates from someone who can't post here:

"these have had about 12 hours of burn in, and they definitely are equals to the KEF M200. There is nothing the M200 can do, that the Havi B3 Pro can't do. With burn in, the mids have really grown and flourished. Much more lush than right out of the box. The sound has opened up so much, that the soundstage and imaging, transparency and spacing are equal or superior to the M200. Bass is perfectly articulate and present without bloat, boom, or bleed. The highs are what really have come forward with burn in. This is where they sneak past the M200 IMHO. The treble is sharp, clear, deliberate, with just the right amount of separation, decay, sustain, and timbre. It's not too extended as to become sparkly or sibilant, but controlled and natural. The BEST $50.00 I've ever spent on a pair of IEMs ever. They make the Xiaomi Piston sound clautrophobic, quiet, and two dimensional. This from a huge fan of the Piston!! But the truth is the truth. They are a league above the Piston. They sit in the same league as the M200. WOW dude. I don't know why they killed this amazing sound with the other versions??"

Until we can figure out how to 100% order the pro version without getting stuck with the other versions, I would not recommend purchasing one yet. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #1,135 of 35,472
  That's the original silver piston, and it may even be a fake.

This is the Piston 2.0 we are talking about. I bought from this link, and it's real:
http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_xiaomi_piston_earphone_updated_version_brown-5708-usd.html

Hmm, thanks for your reply.
I will buy these and i'll return for a non-fake review ^ ^

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #1,136 of 35,472
  More B3 Pro updates from someone who can't post here:

these have had about 12 hours of burn in, and they definitely are equals to the KEF M200. There is nothing the M200 can do, that the Havi B3 Pro can't do. With burn in, the mids have really grown and flourished. Much more lush than right out of the box. The sound has opened up so much, that the soundstage and imaging, transparency and spacing are equal or superior to the M200. Bass is perfectly articulate and present without bloat, boom, or bleed. The highs are what really have come forward with burn in. This is where they sneak past the M200 IMHO. The treble is sharp, clear, deliberate, with just the right amount of separation, decay, sustain, and timbre. It's not too extended as to become sparkly or sibilant, but controlled and natural. The BEST $50.00 I've ever spent on a pair of IEMs ever. They make the Xiaomi Piston sound clautrophobic, quiet, and two dimensional. This from a huge fan of the Piston!! But the truth is the truth. They are a league above the Piston. They sit in the same league as the M200. WOW dude. I don't know why they killed this amazing sound with the other versions?? 

Please stop hyping this thing. People are going to buy them and end up with the wrong tuning and become disappointed and out of $50. Until they're reliably sold with the correct tuning, people should be aware of the risk of buying these right now. A lot of new readers in this thread will only see the last page and so are unaware of the trouble surrounding the Havi B3. 

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #1,137 of 35,472

Please stop hyping this thing. People are going to buy them and end up with the wrong tuning and become disappointed and out of $50. Until they're reliably sold with the correct tuning, people should be aware of the risk of buying these right now. A lot of new readers in this thread will only see the last page and so are unaware of the trouble surrounding the Havi B3. 

I will not stop talking about them. Like you, I also purchased the terrible version, and the third one as well to make sure. The Pro version IS that good, and the Enhanced one IS that bad.

There is always a risk associated with overseas purchases like these. The risk of not receiving the pro was also mentioned quite a bit. If you aren't willing to take the risk, I would not advise purchasing.

I added a line to the post that I put into the Discovery thread.

"Until we can figure out how to 100% order the pro version without getting stuck with the other versions, I would not recommend purchasing one yet." 

Jan 31, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #1,139 of 35,472
Hi bhazard, can you make a comparision between Somic MH415, Vsonic VSD1S and Havi B3 Pro? Considering 415 is much cheaper and include microphone, which is killer for an awesome IEM, and VSD1S has very good review in its own thread, do you think Havi B3 Pro price difference is worth compared to other two?

Btw, where did you buy Havi B3 Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back