Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #1,113 of 35,472
  Now I really want those. I've got Moxpad thanks to your recommendation and I'm loving them.
Any place I could get them before the end of Chinese New Year celebration? Can't see them on ebay / amazon.

Nope. I haven't seen any seller outside of China with them. Aliexpress and Taobao are the best places to find it. Shipping won't start again until feb 7th ish.

I saw that you got the Havi B3 too. Did you order direct from taobao, and do you think you got the pro version?

The Somic MH415 is awesome too, and the Moxpad works with its cables :)

The Astrotec AX35 is great too. Lots of IEM love from China.

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #1,114 of 35,472
  Nope. I haven't seen any seller outside of China with them. Aliexpress and Taobao are the best places to find it. Shipping won't start again until feb 7th ish.

I saw that you got the Havi B3 too. Did you order direct from taobao, and do you think you got the pro version?

The Somic MH415 is awesome too, and the Moxpad works with its cables :)

The Astrotec AX35 is great too. Lots of IEM love from China.

Got both from Aliexpress from Geek Fast. I liked B3, but not so much to keep them. 

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #1,115 of 35,472
Hey, BH, I don't think you ever gave your opinion on the KZ-CKW1000. You mentioned the CKS version did a decent job mimicing, but nothing about the CKW.

Jan 29, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #1,116 of 35,472
  Got both from Aliexpress from Geek Fast. I liked B3, but not so much to keep them. 

He only sells the newer non pro version. Based on reviews from people that received them, they aren't as good. They aren't the worst version though either. 

Hey, BH, I don't think you ever gave your opinion on the KZ-CKW1000. You mentioned the CKS version did a decent job mimicing, but nothing about the CKW.

It's good, but not great. The Pistons and Somic MH415 would be a far better buy at $20-30.

I have like 4 newer KZ models coming in soon though, so maybe one might be a gem. 

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #1,117 of 35,472
He only sells the newer non pro version. Based on reviews from people that received them, they aren't as good. They aren't the worst version though either.

Since I don't feel like my pair fit the description of the pro version and certainly not the enhanced version either I now believe that this is the version I've got.

Has anyone ever cancelled an order from ugomark? I did that a while a go and the payment went through before I cancelled and I would of course like to get my money back but that doesn't seem yo be easy....

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #1,118 of 35,472
Correct me if I am wrong but most people who have posted about their B3 not sounding up to expectations because it is not the pro version, was it an initial impression or did you allow it some time to burn in? 

I have the pro version and my opinion of it is not dissimilar to what bhazard described i.e. largely positive. With all the poor reviews of the other two rendition, I actually curious as to how it can be so vastly different. 

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #1,119 of 35,472
My B3's are burned in for more than 50 hrs and I've listened to them quite a lot. They are not bad and with some music they're even good. They're just no way near as good as I expected them to be.

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #1,120 of 35,472
Mine B3 also have more than 50 hours (like 70-80h).

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #1,121 of 35,472
  Correct me if I am wrong but most people who have posted about their B3 not sounding up to expectations because it is not the pro version, was it an initial impression or did you allow it some time to burn in? 

I have the pro version and my opinion of it is not dissimilar to what bhazard described i.e. largely positive. With all the poor reviews of the other two rendition, I actually curious as to how it can be so vastly different. 

I ordered the 3 versions to make sure. I have two already, the original two offered, the pro and enhanced versions. The enhanced was the default one offered.

The sound is VASTLY different. The enhanced does not sound anywhere near as good. Too much bass, little treble, boosted mid vocals. The pro is neutral and well extended across the whole range.

AKA, Havi blew it and needs to offer the pro version only, or make it a special edition on its own with a different model number.

Jan 30, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,122 of 35,472

In my case it was an initial impression, followed by an impression after 40 hours of burn in. They just sound freakin horrible. :D No treble, boxy, muddy, congested, low-fi. I urge everyone to not take the risk and spend your money on a better in-ear. Normally I'm not as opinionated about in-ears, since sound is very subjective and everyone hears differently, but my Havi B3s sound SO bad I feel I have to warn people. :wink: 

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,125 of 35,472
  A very cowculated risk indeed. :wink:

Ha!

Here's another impression from another user who ordered one:

"I got my Havi B3, and they are indeed the pro version. The sound is very balanced, with just the right amount of bass. Love the mids. very upfront and clear. If you can let the fellas in the discovery page know that the version I got in ugomark was the Pro version. great even before burn in. Thanks for the heads up. I kept my Piston, now i have the Havi, and I sold all the rest of my IEMs. Might still pick something up like the ROCKETS or the Fostex, but not sure. Anyways, I got the Pro version, and it's a really good dual dynamic." 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back