Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #1,082 of 35,472
  Got the "enhanced" stock version of the Havi B3 today. Came with a nice case and extra tips which the previous one didn't.

Sound wise an hour in.... yuck. Bloated bass, boosted mids, dark, lacking treble, not very clear. Sounds like a completely different in-ear compared to the one I have.

Unless you can still get the "professional tuned" version from Havi, I'd avoid it.

Damned, so which version I have?
I have a case, and 3 pairs of terrible tips, but the sound signature doesn't match. It is dark, but the mids aren't boosted, treble reach higher than the Piston and have better separation then Xiaomi, and the bass is quite "dry".
Yesterday I listened to B3 plugged into the iMod and Hippo Mook and soundtrack from Mass Effect 3 sounded very nice.

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #1,083 of 35,472
^ Just don't get caught flipping them later on on the sales forum. :wink:

SHOTS FYRED!!!

No need to fire any shots. I value this community to be banned for an extra couple of bucks :)

Lesson learnt a while ago. Most of my cheaper sets go to my close friends and family. More expensive I usually keep.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #1,084 of 35,472
  Damned, so which version I have?
I have a case, and 3 pairs of terrible tips, but the sound signature doesn't match. It is dark, but the mids aren't boosted, treble reach higher than the Piston and have better separation then Xiaomi, and the bass is quite "dry".
Yesterday I listened to B3 plugged into the iMod and Hippo Mook and soundtrack from Mass Effect 3 sounded very nice.

I think you have the newest one, or maybe even the pro? I'm not sure until I get my third one. The pro has the same treble extension and separation you mention, but is bass light to me. It definitely doesn't sound like the original enhanced one. Treble drops off like a cliff in the enhanced.

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #1,085 of 35,472
Unboxing, a bit rough as i'm not used to doing them.

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #1,086 of 35,472
  Got the "enhanced" stock version of the Havi B3 today. Came with a nice case and extra tips which the previous one didn't.

Sound wise an hour in.... yuck. Bloated bass, boosted mids, dark, lacking treble, not very clear. Sounds like a completely different in-ear compared to the one I have.

Unless you can still get the "professional tuned" version from Havi, I'd avoid it.

Pretty much the impressions I have with the pair I just received.

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #1,088 of 35,472
Impressions will come soon, they are in queue, got the Beyerdynamic DX120ie and DX160ie first. Meze Deco 11 i'm currently writing.

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #1,089 of 35,472
  Got the Fidue A81 and A63 through today, will be reviewing in full soon. Will do any unboxing video, the packaging is awesome

Impressions will come soon, they are in queue, got the Beyerdynamic DX120ie and DX160ie first. Meze Deco 11 i'm currently writing.

Dont' rush the guy, lol! Sounds good. Hopefully the A81 do as they have a lot to prove for $299. The other $300 Chinese dynamic driver I know of, the Widening(or whatever the brand was) got no play most likely due to the over $300 price tag.

Anybody notice bigbargainonline comes up with only 11 items for sale right now. What's up with that? 

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #1,090 of 35,472

Dont' rush the guy, lol! Sounds good. Hopefully the A81 do as they have a lot to prove for $299. The other $300 Chinese dynamic driver I know of, the Widening(or whatever the brand was) got no play most likely due to the over $300 price tag.

Anybody notice bigbargainonline comes up with only 11 items for sale right now. What's up with that? 

Chinese New Year. They have a 2 week holiday and everything shuts down. He probably wouldn't be able to ship the 11 for sale if you did order anyway.

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #1,091 of 35,472
Kinda odd though but probably is the reason. Usually they just post the holiday message to notify potential sellers instead of taking things down.

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #1,093 of 35,472
Very good impressions on the AX35 through the first hour. I normally can't stand single BA sets, and the R-50 was way too harsh and shrill for me. This is my favorite in-ear with a BA unit to date.

I liked the clarity of the A161P/Somic MH407, but single BA's just don't have enough bass for me. The AX35 slaughters the Hisoundaudio BA-100 too.

As far as being labeled neutral, it isn't. The main review of the AX35 here on Head-Fi mentions "huge" bass. I disagree with that. It is nicely lifted, but far from being powerful. The Piston has more impact. The lift is just the right amount that I don't need to add any extra boost of my own, which is perfect.

The signature is a slight V. I would have preferred actual neutral, but the slight V works. Vocals are clear and present. Imaging is spot on. They scale with better recordings, and point out most of the flaws in crappier ones. Some rock music can get slightly shrill on distorted guitar parts, but I expect this to improve a little with burn in or the right tips.

They seem to work best using triple flanges and shoving them deep into your skull, a la Monster Gratitude style. The stock silicone is meh, and the stock foam is ok, but it dampens brightness, so treble lovers might not be into them. Going to try hybrids and bi flanges later.

A comparison between these and the Inearpeace or the Dunu-1k would be nice. If they are on par withe the IEP, at $68, they make the IEP irrelevant at twice the cost. Initial assessment... they are worth up to twice the cost... so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back