Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #1,051 of 35,472
I'm unable to get to the other thread, as I was unfairly banned from it, for defending my opinion and impressions on the H1, from someone that was being rude about it. But i still haven't received my B3. I'm hoping they show up sometime in the next month. They are slow in traveling lol I'll know then which version I got? I think you'd enjoy the DUNU. I know that no matter what IEM i have, and regardless of my preference, I still find myself going back to the DUNU. The Fostex are retailing for $149.00 right now...I'll wait till they hit $120 or below to jump on them, and wait for initial impressions. 

Now, mate, you know I have no problem with you. We may not see eye to eye on SS, but I'd never discard your opinion. However can you truly say it was unfair. This is head-fi, not CNN or Fox News. We're not meant to go after each other as if it was a political debate. You can be a bit aggressive in the way you articulate your opinions. Anyways, I hope you get unbanned from the thread soon.

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #1,052 of 35,472
Now, mate, you know I have no problem with you. We may not see eye to eye on SS, but I'd never discard your opinion. However can you truly say it was unfair. This is head-fi, not CNN or Fox News. We're not meant to go after each other as if it was a political debate. You can be a bit aggressive in the way you articulate your opinions. Anyways, I hope you get unbanned from the thread soon.

thank you sir. I'm hoping the same thing happens. That's up to joe. 

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #1,054 of 35,472
  If anyone is interested in the Moxpad X3s, I'm thinking of trading my pair out.  I'm quite happy with them overall but I've got a couple of other sets that duplicate the sound quality.

I need to spend some time with the Moxpad today. They haven't been getting as much love lately, but they are definitely worth the $20 paid for them.

Jan 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #1,055 of 35,472
Ok, my Xiaomi Piston 2.0 have more than 50 hours burn-in, so small comparing to Havi B3 and Somic MH415.

Bas:
Piston - have the bigest bass boost of the three. Typically entertaining, but a bit muddy.
MH415 - less bass (still a little boosted), but has a good impact and texture. Do not cover other frequencies.
B3 - good texture with little impact. It seems it's too slow. Wasted potential.

Mids:
Piston - a little laid back but still pleasant to listen. Could be more detailed.
MH415 - clean, fast, detailed and have a lot of life. I like it.
B3 - warm, full, average dynamics but female vocals can be very enjoyable (good intimacy).

Treble:
Piston - aggressive, fast, a little lacking in detail. Missing the highest tones. Can be sibilance.
MH415 - nicely extended highs, quick and lively. They can be sibilance.
B3 - a little warm, but well extended and detailed. There are not studio monitors, but they can give a lot of pleasure.

Which would you choose?
1 ) Somic MH415 - their sound suits me. Alive, fast and well extended.
2 ) Equally Havi B3 and Xiaomi Piston 2.0 - B3 have a more complete sound signature and culture, but they lack a bit of madness from Xiaomi (dynamics sucks), so can be boring. Piston are provide a lot of fun, but the lack of high frequencies and a little muddy bass does not allow you to enjoy them in the long run.

Well, after the Chinese new year, I have to look for something new :wink:

Jan 25, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #1,056 of 35,472
Awesome comparison. I have the MH415, another version of the Havi, and the Astrotec AX35 on the way.

I'm surprised the MH415 did so well. I know Somic makes great gear, but I didn't think it would best the Piston. Awesome!

I also have the new Somic MM185 headphone on the way. It looks like a nice upgrade over the Somic MM163 which I like (I call it the M50 killer).

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #1,058 of 35,472
On a Google search they come up on Aliexpress for $31.00 shipped. I have them in my cart and all but I might just wait till bhazard gets them. Maybe somewhere cheaper but I like the buyer protection and was already registered.

Only one comparison with those two is a bit risky because of the B3 multiple version issue and the Piston fakes issue. No real rush anyway.

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #1,059 of 35,472
I don't think ibuygou was selling fake Piston.

Quote:
  I'm surprised the MH415 did so well. I know Somic makes great gear, but I didn't think it would best the Piston. Awesome!

They have changed a lot since the first listening, but it's worth waiting until burn-in will be over.
Probably will stay in my collection for a long time, like the MH438.

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #1,060 of 35,472
I've not been listening to the Moxpads much either. Not that they're bad, per say, they happen to sound fantastic. It's just that it's been very stiff competition with some other gear in-house lately. More on that later (maybe).

The obvious competitor of course, the mainstay Flux In-Ear, has a comparable sig already but a little bit more pleasant bass to where it's really a wash-up between whether or not I'm in bed lying on the side - the Steelseries takes better care for that. The Tampons Moxpads are something that I'm more comfortable chucking into a gym bag or the likes. Unfortunately, between you and me, I'm not exactly much of an "exerciser" so take that how you will.

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #1,061 of 35,472
  I've not been listening to the Moxpads much either. Not that they're bad, per say, they happen to sound fantastic. It's just that it's been very stiff competition with some other gear in-house lately. More on that later (maybe).

The obvious competitor of course, the mainstay Flux In-Ear, has a comparable sig already but a little bit more pleasant bass to where it's really a wash-up between whether or not I'm in bed lying on the side - the Steelseries takes better care for that. The Tampons Moxpads are something that I'm more comfortable chucking into a gym bag or the likes. Unfortunately, between you and me, I'm not exactly much of an "exerciser" so take that how you will.

Those the Flux in ears or in ear Pros?

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #1,062 of 35,472
I was just using my Soundsoul to go back and forth while I was on jury duty. I haven't used them much otherwise but they are damn good under a hood with the low profile and they are good against wind noise. Also, they do sound quite good, very open with a nice stage and solid clarity and balance. Better name than Moxpad as well though the cable is seemingly not as nice or as durable as the Moxpad cable.

I wanted to try the Soundsoul E10 as well after having the U10...
41CazBeHgLL._SX425_.jpg

...and I want that size/shape case but I stopped myself since i want to hear more about the MH415 which would seem to be a nice change of pace from the X3/U10 sound and give me an extra cable for the Soundsoul. What type of case does the MH415 come with?

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #1,063 of 35,472
Non.

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #1,065 of 35,472
  In-Ears (dynamics). Sssh! I haven't even gotten to the Pros yet. But you know how I feel about them....

Well for 3x the price of the InEars the pro's better do a whole lot more. May be interesting to shoot em out with those other BA cheapos though
wink_face.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back