Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 23, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #1,037 of 35,472
  I am from Eastern Europe and honestly I have no idea how to organize shipping. What shipping agency are you using?

the forwarding company sets that up for you. They give you the cost of item + shipping cost, usually a few days after processing, and you pay for it with paypal or however you want, then as soon as your payment for shipping goes through, they update your order and send the item. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #1,038 of 35,472
  the forwarding company sets that up for you. They give you the cost of item + shipping cost, usually a few days after processing, and you pay for it with paypal or however you want, then as soon as your payment for shipping goes through, they update your order and send the item. 

wait, and where do I find the forwarding company? Do I need just to buy the item and then the seller will find the forwarding company or what?

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #1,039 of 35,472
  wait, and where do I find the forwarding company? Do I need just to buy the item and then the seller will find the forwarding company or what?

kinda. essentially when you buy the item from the seller you choose on ugomark, ibuygou, or aliexpress, the forwarding company buys that particular acct from the seller, and then charges a small fee + shipping, and sends you the item. Plus it's easier for the forwarding company to deal with international orders than it would be a small shop in China or Japan. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #1,040 of 35,472
  kinda. essentially when you buy the item from the seller you choose on ugomark, ibuygou, or aliexpress, the forwarding company buys that particular acct from the seller, and then charges a small fee + shipping, and sends you the item. Plus it's easier for the forwarding company to deal with international orders than it would be a small shop in China or Japan. 

When I buy some item I am redirected to the alipay site and as an International buyer given the option to pay by credit card. During this, on nowhere I am given the option to use any of the forwarding company, ugomark, ibuygou , aliexpress or any other. They want me to pay the item in first without any info how much the shipping cost. And then on the end of the site is the information that if the seller does not ship internationaly they will issue me the refund but "you will be responsible for losses (these losses include losses of bank charges and exchange rate fluctuations)."

Which is nuts by the way and seems like a fraud to me. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #1,041 of 35,472
You're misunderstanding.

Forwarding services are websites like mistertao.com, ugomark.com, easy-taobao.com

You copy the link from the Xiaomi store into one of those websites
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=p413746989.1.w5003-4162207637.7.tFbESU&id=26522664670&scene=taobao_shop

It then comes up as able to be bought in your language through them. They buy the item from Xiaomi, it ships to them in China, and they ship to you. They charge for shipping and an 8-10% commission. Comes out to about $5. You have to use this, because Chinese shops and Taobao do not ship internationally.

Since China is gearing up for a 2 week holiday, almost everything is shut down now anyway. Most places won't open back up until Feb 8th. 

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #1,042 of 35,472
  You're misunderstanding.

Forwarding services are websites like mistertao.com, ugomark.com, easy-taobao.com

You copy the link from the Xiaomi store into one of those websites
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=p413746989.1.w5003-4162207637.7.tFbESU&id=26522664670&scene=taobao_shop

It then comes up as able to be bought in your language through them. They buy the item from Xiaomi, it ships to them in China, and they ship to you. They charge for shipping and an 8-10% commission. Comes out to about $5. You have to use this, because Chinese shops and Taobao do not ship internationally.

Since China is gearing up for a 2 week holiday, almost everything is shut down now anyway. Most places won't open back up until Feb 8th. 

Aha, you were referring to taobao agents. I was using alsotao before, but recently the shipping costs have become too high and now since taobao have made it somewhat easier for people outside china to shop on taobao I am trying to find a way to buy something myself on taobao.
What forwarding service are you using, how could it be just: "$5 total, China Post (including Taobao forwarding service commission)"

Jan 23, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #1,046 of 35,472
FWIW, i shipped about 5 earphones and its only around 600g. Earphones ain't that heavy, the packaging (big ass box) on some might make the volumetric weight heavier than the actual weight for shipping cost calculations.

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #1,047 of 35,472
I'm not sure what I'm getting next, but it's leaning towards the Fostex or the Aurisonic, with the AT IM70 running a distant third. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #1,049 of 35,472
I'm not sure what I'm getting next, but it's leaning towards the Fostex or the Aurisonic, with the AT IM70 running a distant third. 

I'm thinking of the Fostex also.

After the famous new toy syndrome (ref. the other thread:wink: )has weared of I think I'll have to accept the fact that I actually didn't get the Pro version of the B3's that the seller promised me. Mine sure has a overall dark signature with good bass extension. Not my preferred sound signature but the do sound good with acoustic music and synth with nice texture on voices and instruments. Overall I'm kind of disappoint that I didn't get the version I actually ordered. I think I need too get something else to be happy again :wink:

I'm thinking of the mentioned Fostex, the ax35 or take the plunge and get the dn1000's............

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #1,050 of 35,472
I'm thinking of the Fostex also.

After the famous new toy syndrome (ref. the other thread:wink: )has weared of I think I'll have to accept the fact that I actually didn't get the Pro version of the B3's that the seller promised me. Mine sure has a overall dark signature with good bass extension. Not my preferred sound signature but the do sound good with acoustic music and synth with nice texture on voices and instruments. Overall I'm kind of disappoint that I didn't get the version I actually ordered. I think I need too get something else to be happy again
wink.gif

I'm thinking of the mentioned Fostex, the ax35 or take the plunge and get the dn1000's............

I'm unable to get to the other thread, as I was unfairly banned from it, for defending my opinion and impressions on the H1, from someone that was being rude about it. But i still haven't received my B3. I'm hoping they show up sometime in the next month. They are slow in traveling lol I'll know then which version I got? I think you'd enjoy the DUNU. I know that no matter what IEM i have, and regardless of my preference, I still find myself going back to the DUNU. The Fostex are retailing for $149.00 right now...I'll wait till they hit $120 or below to jump on them, and wait for initial impressions. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back