Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #871 of 35,472

LMAO now dats MY type of thinking right there!!! 100% agreed..... too cheap of a person to pay more than $300 for a set of cans or iem. $200 is already over kill for me. haha

i gots standards ya' know. : P

I have the HE-500, and I'm starting to feel the same way.

Yes, the HE-500 is awesome, but is it $699 awesome? I'm not 100% impressed to say it is. I guarantee something is around or will come along in the $300 range that will eventually match or exceed it.

The Piston is a great example. It craps all over much more expensive iems and is very enjoyable, for $20.

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #872 of 35,472
@ peter123 and kahaluu

Confession time ...just ask my friend in China to get Havi B3 , Piston 2.0 and about 8 model of KZ iem for less than USD150 ....so me will is broken to pieces and resistance is futile ...just did not want to miss the opportunity of getting cheap gear ...so fingers crossed and by March when he is back ...hopefully by then I will be proud to say I am recovering IEM addict......so for now I'll just be lurking around ...kekeeeeeee

Just think, you got 10! really good iems for less than $150. The Piston and Havi alone are easily worth that compared to many $150 earphones being sold.

One of the worst earphones I've had in my ears. Waste of money.

Today I received Somic MH415 - they look nice, but I don't have time to listen :frowning2:

Yes, I have the JBM 9013 as well. I thought I listed it as bad, should have warned everyone.

I just pulled the trigger on the 415. Let me know how they are.

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #874 of 35,472
Congratulation. Good for you.

I was expecting similar response like from Peter ...shame on you ...weakling but congrats. ....reverse psychology. ..mmmmm.

Three scenario ...the way I see it
1) no buying until March....which is a plus
2) if he did not buy it for me or forgot about it -then its a bonus but then I was pestering him for about a week to buy it for me with booze and good food
3) bought all on my list ....which also is plus but will feel guilty in a good way though

All the above scenario actually work out pretty well for me and if scenario 3) does materialise ...I will take one for the team if me friend do managed to get for me...kekekekekeke then it will be a very busy March .

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #876 of 35,472

I just pulled the trigger on the 415. Let me know how they are.

I'm beginning to listen - for now I look like this: 
ksc75smile.gif

The high is a bit rough, mids are put forward, bass has a nice texture, but a bit lacking lowest frequencies, but we'll see how it will be after 50 hours of burning. For now sound is clean, light and fast. They don't tolerate poor records! For example "Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone" sounds great on MH415, but Sabaton "Art of War" is just terrible.
Comfort is amazing, maybe even better than the Audeo.
Package includes one regular cable, one for the smartphone (both are memory wires) and three sets of biflange (S-M-L).

Are they worth $40? For classical music for sure, they can be great (much better then B3). For other genres, I'm not sure, let's burn-in them for a couple hours.

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #877 of 35,472

Just think, you got 10! really good iems for less than $150. The Piston and Havi alone are easily worth that compared to many $150 earphones being sold.

Actually am loving my Moxpad as compared to A1 as it is currently my most used IEM for the past one month. More versatile &  EQ works better with Moxpad but A1 lack the clarity and EQ them just distort the sound with that powerful bass it possessed.

Just how good Havi and Piston 2.0 ....the hype is just too much and it seems I went overboard with China Made IEM ..actually all in all its 11 IEM.

These are some of the KZ models that I will be getting ...

T1t90BFsdeXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_180x180.jpg
T1u7IrFnxXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_250x250.jpg
T1mFzLFhhXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_250x250.jpg

T1EoXyFqldXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_250x250.jpg
T1cEHTFbFeXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_250x250.jpg
T1QlNyFwJgXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_250x250.jpg

T1A4z3XaFdXXbMZiMV_021152.jpg_250x250.jpg
T1mX2GFXldXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_250x250.jpg
T1Am_lFdJeXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_250x250.jpg

bhazard .... you have the most first hand knowledge of most of us in this thread ...any comments on these KZ models?

Jan 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #878 of 35,472
not sure I understand their marketing strategy at all...throwing out 2 cheap hybrids just months after they dished out the AX60, with such a huge price difference

Edit: I was referring to Astrotec, pressed reply instead of quote to an earlier post

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #879 of 35,472
Folks, thanks for the recomendations. I was never IEM fan, but recently I've started to enjoy them more.
Anyway, I have B3 and X3 on order. Planning to get Takstar HD5500 as home headphones, also thinking of pistons. I made a list of cheap stuff I want to get from dx.com using snail mail.

Question: did anyone tried any memory foam tips, ie Comply, with any above? I'm thinking of getting some but don't know which size.

Thanks

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #880 of 35,472
   Actually am loving my Moxpad as compared to A1 as it is currently my most used IEM for the past one month. More versatile &  EQ works better with Moxpad but A1 lack the clarity and EQ them just distort the sound with that powerful bass it possessed.

Just how good Havi and Piston 2.0 ....the hype is just too much and it seems I went overboard with China Made IEM ..actually all in all its 11 IEM.

These are some of the KZ models that I will be getting ...

bhazard .... you have the most first hand knowledge of most of us in this thread ...any comments on these KZ models?

Some of the models are very good, others are just ok. They are mostly a great value compared to the original models they are modeled after.

Folks, thanks for the recomendations. I was never IEM fan, but recently I've started to enjoy them more.
Anyway, I have B3 and X3 on order. Planning to get Takstar HD5500 as home headphones, also thinking of pistons. I made a list of cheap stuff I want to get from dx.com using snail mail.

Question: did anyone tried any memory foam tips, ie Comply, with any above? I'm thinking of getting some but don't know which size.

Thanks

Complys and Sony hybrids work well with a lot of these.

Jan 14, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #881 of 35,472
For B3 best Comply are Ts-400.

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #882 of 35,472
I'm still waiting for my DUNU 1000 and my B3. B3 has been slow, but I finally got the email from ugomark that they are sending, and the DUNU just left China for San Francisco. Can't wait to get these two heavyweights, so I can properly use my X3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back