Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #752 of 35,472
  Also does anybody have some thoughts about Astrotec AX7 dual BA and AX-60 triple hybrid?
Some reviews of Fidue models, except for ljoker's impressions?

EDIT: also found that ATH-IM70 seems to be good and for 650 Chinese yuan that's around $110 - seems reasonably priced.

For the AX7 there are very few reviews on head fi on the matter, however i you go to Baidu here are a couple of sites with reviews on them. Apparently mediocre for a dual BA.

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #753 of 35,472
Tell me about it. To many choices and decisions to be made.

That's good. New Chinese designers and engineers going out and making their own kit. HiFiMan is Chinese, so new manufacturers may have gems. There is no guarantee, and I feel a bit bummed that I did not get the Edifier 850 or the Somic 463, both of which seem to be better sounding that any of the 7 I bought.

Still, process of elimination.

Jan 11, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #755 of 35,472
Finally gave in and ordered the Havi B3!
I'll be doing a comparison review really soon: Dual Dynamic Trilogy - Havi B3 vs Brainwavz R3 vs KEF M200.

Thank you @bhazard for your help with the B3.

Jan 11, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #757 of 35,472
I believe the B3's are dual ba???

Is it? I honestly don't know because I can't read chinese but I was under the impression that it is dual dynamic.

Quote:
  Many Chinese audio companies produce excellent quality headphones, and most of us in the US and in other places of the world know little about them. I'm hoping this thread becomes one easy place to come to for questions about these brands, as it is difficult to find info. Much of this info is scattered all over the place.

I constantly try and collect new headphones/IEMs from China, so I will update as much as I can. Any user experiences/reviews/insight should be posted here as well.

Current favorites

Havi B3 Professional Version:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1.w4004-4437187920.1.9uNzb3&id=35700828655

There are two versions. The professional and the enhanced version. The professional is geared toward audiophiles, the enhanced towards bigger bass and colored sound.

This is a $40 dual dynamic driver that has some of the clearest, most accurate sound I've ever heard in an in-ear monitor. It easily surpasses some $200 models in SQ.

Jan 11, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #758 of 35,472
I was panicking after that! whew! 
eek.gif

B3 is dual dynamic. I did a few translation through google and they actually used "Moving Coil" which is synonymous to Dynamic driver.

Jan 11, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #759 of 35,472
I don't read Chinese either but check out their website:

http://havi.hk/pro.asp?id0=13

Not easy to know with the Chinese stores though, for example I've noticed that the DN1000 are listed as dual ba on most Chinese sites......

Jan 11, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #760 of 35,472
I don't read Chinese either but check out their website:

http://havi.hk/pro.asp?id0=13

Not easy to know with the Chinese stores though, for example I've noticed that the DN1000 are listed as dual ba on most Chinese sites......

Those look like dynamics in the diagram. They have the humpbacks, which usually is the magnet. a BA is usually a box with a thin tube sticking out of it. Plus moving coils are for bass in dynamics. The RE-ZERO had a silver moving coil driver to enhance bass. I'm pretty sure the B3  is a dual dynamic. Plus let's not forget the Samsung HS-330 dual dynamic. They actually sound pretty decent running through the X3. Damn, can't wait to run the Dunu DN-1000 through my X3. 

Plus initial impressions of the Piston 2.0 coming later today. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #761 of 35,472
It looks that if you are right. I just noticed the "Blance (!) Dual" on their webpage and took for granted they were dual ba. On the other hand if you make a pair of dual ba you'd probably know how to spell balance :wink:

Jan 11, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #762 of 35,472
It looks that if you are right. I just noticed the "Blance (!) Dual" on their webpage and took for granted they were dual ba. On the other hand if you make a pair of dual ba you'd probably know how to spell balance :wink:

Lol!

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #763 of 35,472
Much love for the Pistons from everyone who got them recently.

My new KZ models and 1 Sidy are shipping:

I think the shipping pics from China are the coolest thing. It's pretty incredible to think these take a journey of thousands of miles from a foreign land in which I don't speak the language, to end up in my ears.

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #764 of 35,472

I think the shipping pics from China are the coolest thing. It's pretty incredible to think these take a journey of thousands of miles from a foreign land in which I don't speak the language, to end up in my ears.

I got my initial impressions of my Piston 2.0 on the discovery page, and it was you who steered me to the Havi B3, and even had a play in my purchasing the Piston. So I'm trusting your impressions to discover more great budget IEMs. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #765 of 35,472

Epic order! You have allot of information to give us.. I am very interested in the "spartacus" They look rad! and the "micro driver" Maya E19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back