Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 20, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #12,676 of 35,472
Like I said - BA are good of you want flat response. Then bass is very good.

Again, this is just a straight up fallacy.

The reason I bring up the number of IEMs I've heard is because it lends a greater sample size. James444 has heard and owned more than double the IEMs I have, and he's been around the block enough to be considered a earphone connoisseur.

Some of the bassier IEMs I've heard have been balanced armatures. The likes of the SD3, TG334, N6, FI-BA-SS, FA-4E XB, and others will outpunch a lot of dynamics.I actually couldn't get along with the Noble 6 because it had straight up too much bass.

The only fact in the BA vs dynamic debate is that tuning is almost everything. Driver type plays a part, yes, but not nearly as much as you may think. Look at the MH1c vs Aurisonics Rockets. Both are microdynamics, but the MH1c's bass makes the Rockets tremble in comparison.

Some argue that BAs are faster than dynamics...again, this is false. The GR07 manages to be damn near perfect in balancing speed, impact, texture, and quantity. It's faster than a lot of BAs I've heard as well.

Too bad when comparing to an actual high quality, well tuned dynamic like my FX850 or the IE80, the bass sound suddenly turns out anemic and pale in comparison. Heck, even the Bassos whip those BA in bass, and despite the Basso name, they aren't that imposing with the bass. The Rain 2 has heavier more present bass.

I was going to say something about this, but James444 addressed it in a far more diplomatic way than I could have.

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #12,677 of 35,472
Again, this is just a straight up fallacy.

The reason I bring up the number of IEMs I've heard is because it lends a greater sample size. James444 has heard and owned more than double the IEMs I have, and he's been around the block enough to be considered a earphone connoisseur.

Some of the bassier IEMs I've heard have been balanced armatures. The likes of the SD3, TG334, N6, FI-BA-SS, FA-4E XB, and others will outpunch a lot of dynamics.I actually couldn't get along with the Noble 6 because it had straight up too much bass.

The only fact in the BA vs dynamic debate is that tuning is almost everything. Driver type plays a part, yes, but not nearly as much as you may think. Look at the MH1c vs Aurisonics Rockets. Both are microdynamics, but the MH1c's bass makes the Rockets tremble in comparison.

Some argue that BAs are faster than dynamics...again, this is false. The GR07 manages to be damn near perfect in balancing speed, impact, texture, and quantity. It's faster than a lot of BAs I've heard as well.

Agreed. It's unfortunate to see the way people react when others who are more educated on the matter are just trying to impart more information. Tuning is everything.

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #12,678 of 35,472
so wayne was right all the time..

If you listen with my ears, then I'm always right!

Quote:
He and drnewmexico and dannybai...YEP.

... and djvkool and twister6 and now HouseOfDoom!

Glad you're liking them Doom. If you want to lower the bass a bit, then wider bore tips (ie UE900) are your friend, and debateably also some burn in. And you can probably turn off your bass boost lol. They basically are my favorite iems at this time and the ones that I keep wanting to get back to. Full, addictive, non-fatiguing sound - closest thing to headphone type sound that I've heard out of an iem (but, I haven't heard the likes of the fx850's). You have to enjoy bass, a warm leaning signature, and not be a detail freak or a treble head to really love them. And if you think that you're going to keep them and you want to wear them down, don't hesitate to snip off the damned memory wire.

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #12,681 of 35,472
You people still going on about BAs? Single and dual BA have decent bass for what they are. They are NOT qualitative like a dynamic. So stop with the clinical crapola! I think we already had several folks state their case about certain BA having solid, well delivered bass when tuned properly, which would satisfy any connoisseur of the neutral ss? I agree with this, and I moved on. Even got a great history lesson about the BA and dynamic driver. I think HiFiAudiophile mentioned owning the FAD models and the sound being bass heavy "for a BA". That's what I would expect too from my experience. So just drop the BA misogyny, and move on to what is actually important, like those new DD Zero Audio posted in the Discovery page!!! Or that the Fidue A71 has a sound signature sexier than Kate Upton!!!

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #12,682 of 35,472
Wayne, I'm using the JVC spiral dots, and the cable down. I've just been losing myself in this ss. It's so smooth, lush, and still detailed. Vocals soar. Instruments shine. Just what I've been wanting all along. Sad that my next thought is..what's the next logical step up? This forum has made me a sick sick man lol

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #12,684 of 35,472
Dec 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #12,685 of 35,472
You people still going on about BAs? Single and dual BA have decent bass for what they are. They are NOT qualitative like a dynamic. So stop with the clinical crapola! I think we already had several folks state their case about certain BA having solid, well delivered bass when tuned properly, which would satisfy any connoisseur of the neutral ss? I agree with this, and I moved on. Even got a great history lesson about the BA and dynamic driver. I think HiFiAudiophile mentioned owning the FAD models and the sound being bass heavy "for a BA". That's what I would expect too from my experience. So just drop the BA misogyny, and move on to what is actually important, like those new DD Zero Audio posted in the Discovery page!!! Or that the Fidue A71 has a sound signature sexier than Kate Upton!!!

Indeed, both got a great bottom end
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #12,686 of 35,472

Waow. I had no idea transducers had genders. So interesting. I advocate for equal rights for all transducer genders, of course.

I don't think that application was meant to be taken literally or in the context of gender?

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #12,688 of 35,472

Indeed, both got a great bottom end
biggrin.gif

So you own the A83 and A71 like me? Do you find yourself almost preferring the A71 to the A83 like me? or am I just weird like that? lol

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #12,690 of 35,472

Waow. I had no idea transducers had genders. So interesting. I advocate for equal rights for all transducer genders, of course.

I agree with the Supreme Court decision on same transducer marriages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back