Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #10,622 of 35,472
I actually went back from Brainwavz to stock pads. The Brainwavz pad made the voices too distant for me, the stock has a more "centered" sound to it. Also the stock pads give me the feeling of a deeper bass where using the Brainwavz the bass rolls off a bit to soon.
I think its a choice of more soundstage vs a more consumer orientated sound. Maybe I'm still too new to this hobby.

Lol! The perfect gif for me.

I think you've been around here long enough to know that YMMV, so as long as your happy all is fine :)

Since the guy asked for replacement pads I thought the HM5 ones would be better than the $2 ones he was linking.

Does your pair has straight or coiled cable? Iirc I read somewhere that the new ones with straight cable also had new pads.I'm not 100% sure about this though.......

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #10,623 of 35,472
Lol! The perfect gif for me.

I think you've been around here long enough to know that YMMV, so as long as your happy all is fine :)

Since the guy asked for replacement pads I thought the HM5 ones would be better than the $2 ones he was linking.

Does your pair has straight or coiled cable? Iirc I read somewhere that the new ones with straight cable also had new pads.I'm not 100% sure about this though.......

Nov 12, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #10,624 of 35,472
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
These are the straight down ones.

They look the same as the ones I got with my pair so I guess my memory failed me.......

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #10,625 of 35,472
So I got my ATH-CKR9 at 8am today, and what a gorgeous presentation. The whole thing reeks of class, and out of the box, the sound was better than any dynamic IEM I've ever owned. So the verdict? Boxed them up and sending them back in the morning. The fit was way too reminiscent of my Philips TX2 or Superlux IEM. I've had the snug fit GR07BE for a few days now, and the CKR9 felt like giant bolts in comparison. Now technically those push pull dual drivers are superior to the GR07BE, with deeper more visceral bass, greater clarity, more forward mids, and more natural timbre and better extension. They remind me of a love child between the KEF M200 and the TTPOD T1e. Classy sound, but the fit is finickier than the T1e, with poor isolation as a result. So I requested a refund, I'm sending them back to Amazon, and I bought a set of purple VSonic VSD3S, to find out for myself what all the fuss is about, and get back $130 to save and use later. Oh well, I'd be more sad if I didn't already have a great IEM with the 07BE. Now to compare them with the VSD3S when they arrive Thursday.

Carry on Gentlemen!

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #10,626 of 35,472
Finally, just got my Superlux HD668B to add to my overhead collection. They are open cans and will sit next to my Takstar TS-600, which are my favorite closed cans.

On another note: I will receive my KZ-EDSE any day now!

The 11th was a great day for purchasing! 
darthsmile.gif

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:59 AM Post #10,627 of 35,472
Listen up everyone. This thread is going places, problem is, there are way too many earphones tested and claims that earphone A compares so and so to earphone B, while not too many actualy have one of them, it's difficult to get an idea which earphone ABCDE etc has the best soundstage, bass etc. What if you decide to all buy one IEM to which you can compare your findings. Say, for instance, the $7 Monoprice IEMs. Then all your findings get a perspection: "the bass on phone A is definitely fuller than on the Monoprice, the soundstage is smaller though."
That could actually be translated to something we can all understand, even though sound is really subjective.

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #10,628 of 35,472
Does anyone know anything about the KZ DT5? It looks great
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-pole-tone-music-headset-phone-headset-ear-headphones-HIFI-headphones-3-5MM-Universal/1380688_32231282089.html

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #10,632 of 35,472
The RE-300 is a bass cannon, and the RE-400 is more balanced, and bass enemic. 400 has better clarity and detail, but comfort and build go to the 300. Just depends if you like consumer bass fun or balanced reference sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back