Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #9,197 of 35,472
Thank you bhazard. I appreciate that. Especially coming from you. I highly respect your knowledge of Chinese IEM's.

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #9,198 of 35,472
Now I can't wait for my Fiio X1 to get here on Monday. If the B3 sound this good in my iPhone, I can't imagine how great they'll sound from an actual DAP?

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #9,199 of 35,472
You're definitely entitled to your opinion about T1-E, but it certainly doesn't mesh well with reviews / impressions from the dedicated T1-E thread. It also doesn't mesh well with my experience eith T1-E.

I have a T1E. It's pretty lacking on the low-end. It's tight and controlled with decent depth, but it ain't no subwoofer. There's no boom. Definitely not for bassheads. I can only surmise the comments they make about the T1, as I've read it even has less bass than the T1E.

These are observations, not opinions. My only opinion is the relative degree of difference in the low-end versus real basshead IEMs in this segment, such as the Pistons 2. You can argue the T1E is basshead material, but it's clearly outgunned in this department by a large number of IEMs in this segment.

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #9,200 of 35,472
The Pistons are definitely a basshead IEM. Until they are modded that is.

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #9,201 of 35,472
The Pistons are definitely a basshead IEM. Until they are modded that is.

Are you talking about the filter mod? I have a friend who did that. It tamed the bass and brought out more of the mids, but imo it's not worth doing when you could just buy an IEM with a more balanced sound profile in the first place. The Pistons 2 with the filter mod feels like a more congested MP 8320 or an inferior KZ ES with more bass.

Now that you talk about that, I'm getting more excited for the KZ GR I ordered. I wonder how much exactly the sound will change with the provided red and black nozzles, and whether or not they're actually as good as the ES and EDSE which have the respective sound profiles of those nozzles.

Oct 11, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #9,202 of 35,472
I don't know about any KZ IEM. Never owned a single one. Also not a basshead, so not interested in anything V shaped.

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #9,203 of 35,472
I have a T1E. It's pretty lacking on the low-end. It's tight and controlled with decent depth, but it ain't no subwoofer. There's no boom. Definitely not for bassheads. I can only surmise the comments they make about the T1, as I've read it even has less bass than the T1E.

These are observations, not opinions. My only opinion is the relative degree of difference in the low-end versus real basshead IEMs in this segment, such as the Pistons 2. You can argue the T1E is basshead material, but it's clearly outgunned in this department by a large number of IEMs in this segment.

For the record, I never argued that T1-E were basshead IEM. I don't believe they are, and I've argued that point with people on the T1-E thread. If you went into purchasing T1-E believing they were basshead IEM, you purchased the wrong IEM. However, calling them bass deficient lacks credibility given the numerous posts to the contrary in the T1-E thread. Sell them off and move on...

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #9,204 of 35,472
sgu91c.jpg

Philips SHE3570, Vsonic VSD3S, Vivo MMX71iE, TTPOD T1-E, Havi B3 Pro 1 
biggrin.gif

Now just waiting for the Maya S6, KZ ES, KZ ED and for the release of the Vsonic VSD5.
No more IEMs this year...

Woops, must resist!

oneplus-earphone-4.jpg

http://pt.aliexpress.com/store/product/In-Stock-Original-Oneplus-earphone-headphone-suit-all-3-5-jack-earphone/342812_2049855133.html

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #9,205 of 35,472
Great comparison HouseofDoom I had a similiar experience comparing my havi b3 to ttpod t1-e and yuin pk2.  I do still use the ttpod when I know I'm only going to listen to dubstep or watch an action movie just because of the amazing bass.. I get a really great seal using the two-colored tips with the yellow inside they came with.. so bass is great

Oct 12, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #9,206 of 35,472
I've been to zhongguancun actually, I didn't see any iems? What floor?

There's 2 buildings that are joint together with plenty of IEMS on the 2nd, and especially the 3rd floor.

There is also another building across the street from those two with the same concept, the 3rd floor being the one with the most IEM's. All 3 buildings are considered "A, B, and C" for easy location for buyers. Though, I really can't tell the difference, I'm not Chinese.

If you're in the area during the week, just PM me, I'll show you around during lunch time, 12:00 to 1:30PM.

Oct 12, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #9,209 of 35,472
  Does anyone can compare the vsonic vsd3 to the gr 07?

The vsd3 costs 45$ and the gr07 costs 100$ and really don't konw if it is worth spending extra 55$ for the 07...

It is better, but worth the extra $55 I don't know. How long is a piece of string?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back