Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #5,431 of 35,472
@benandfaith

I've got the HTC m7 and while it can't get the Havi to loud enough on it's own it sounds great combined with the nx1 so I'd give it a try with your m8.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #5,432 of 35,472
Waiting for Havi B3 Pro original to arrive. Anyway have FiiO E07k. Any need to be getting the NX1 or will E07k do the job?

My laptop sound card sounds terrible so I definitely need the external dac. But for my phone (One M8), the internal dac seems good enough, so perhaps just an amp is enough. At the moment I use the E07k as usb dac out of my phone to listen to my full sized cans (takstar pro 80 mainly), but I'm not hearing a great difference.

Got the havi b3 pro I and the fiio e7 and that gives it plenty of juice, don't know what they went and changed around with the e07k in comparison to the e7 but you definitely will have enough juice.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Aug 1, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #5,433 of 35,472
Gave up on buying anything from KZ lineup. I don't plan on buying anything from their official store on Taobao and the models and pricing on Aliexpress is just too confusing. KZ has tones of models that look the same but voiced differently and the pricing is just hectic - from 6 bucks to around 20$ for identical IEM's even from the same seller. Or maybe they are not identical and cost more because they are tuned differently. How can one know if the descriptions are the same?

Can someone please make it all clearer or should I just wait for Penon to start selling KZ and go for something else in the meantime?

Aug 1, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #5,434 of 35,472
So I was waiting for pistons launch in India before deciding which IEM to get from China. Now that the pistons (hopefully 2.x) are (almost) here for INR 1000/- (~$17), I think I should jump on the recent T1-E bandwagon. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #5,435 of 35,472
+1 .....I'm not experiencing driver flex at all, myself. I bought up to 4 sets by far and none of them showed any signs of driver flex. The one I sent 'tbg' is one from the 4 sets I bought.

......sorry to hear that.
Idk if maybe I have an early production model, or maybe a defective unit?

The button as beatsguy was asking about is an oval with the Ivery logo on it. Also, the rings on the back of the housing has a pink-ish tint to them. Is this normal for them?

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #5,436 of 35,472
Idk if maybe I have an early production model, or maybe a defective unit?

The button as beatsguy was asking about is an oval with the Ivery logo on it. Also, the rings on the back of the housing has a pink-ish tint to them. Is this normal for them?

Huh. So it's the second variant. Mine looks different and has a plain, round button.

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #5,441 of 35,472
Hi
IEM newbie here. I have always used on ear headphones. I just got an ibasso dap and wanted to try some IEM's. This thread has me very interested.
I listen to acoustic guitar stuff and some smooth jazz. I don't need thumping bass but well controlled.
I don't want to spend a ton as I don't know if I will like iem's.
Can anyone offer some advice on a set as a starting point
thanks
Steve

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #5,442 of 35,472
My recommendation for those genres is VSD3S. I listen to a lot of Jazz (everything from bebop to fusion) and acoustic and they really bring a smile to my face with those genres. A bit warm, laid back and smooth, with brighter treble that will make acoustic instruments shine. Bass is well controlled but doesn't hit hard. More of a softer impact. Not super tight but not bloated or anything. They'll only set you back 45-60 dollars depending where you get them from.

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #5,443 of 35,472
Hi
IEM newbie here. I have always used on ear headphones. I just got an ibasso dap and wanted to try some IEM's. This thread has me very interested.
I listen to acoustic guitar stuff and some smooth jazz. I don't need thumping bass but well controlled.
I don't want to spend a ton as I don't know if I will like iem's.
Can anyone offer some advice on a set as a starting point
thanks
Steve
So you want controlled bass, but what are you looking for in mids and treble? What aspects in each mean most? Also, what will you be using these things for and what environment will you be using them in? Also what over the ear cans are you currently using and prefer?

I'm trying to get more of a feel for your preferred ss before I jump the gun.

Based on what you've said so far, I'm thinking kc06 (not kc06a)

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #5,444 of 35,472
Hi
thanks for the quick replies.
At present I am using a pair of AKG K450's
I will be listening at home mainly in a quiet environment.
I like this kind of stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCENKJAxEDc

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back