Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #5,011 of 35,472
Thanks, but not better unamplified? I really think that the soundstage depth on the kc06 is pretty non existent so I would really need a big imporvement to be interested......

To put it in another way: do the two have a similar overall ss?

They are not alike. Kc06 is brighter, thinner sounding than the t1e.

T1e has more sub bass, warmer mids, and less bright treble.

Kc06 is more balanced and detailed.

T1e is more full sounding and musical IMHO

It's a different tuning.

PS I don't understand how you can like the ax35 and not the kc06. IMHO they sound similar.

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #5,013 of 35,472
Thanks, but not better unamplified? I really think that the soundstage depth on the kc06 is pretty non existent so I would really need a big imporvement to be interested......

To put it in another way: do the two have a similar overall ss?

Hmm, maybe you had a bad KC06?  Both KC06 and KC06A I tested had above the average width/depth.  The only difference is that KC06/KC06A were manufactured in June, had new packaging, and I have a feeling KC06 was slightly  tweaked to match some KC06A characteristics (though Ostry denies that).

But damn, I'm itching to order Havi B3 Pro (old version).  That's the one you guys raving about details and soundstage when amped?

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #5,015 of 35,472
DO IT!!!!!^:wink:

Very tempted, considering I'm waiting for E11k now
wink.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #5,017 of 35,472

Hmm, maybe you had a bad KC06?  Both KC06 and KC06A I tested had above the average width/depth. 

Are you referring to this thread while discussing audio terms: http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary

...this can clear any discussions regarding hp/iem sound terminology.

"Soundstage depth" and only "Depth" are not exactly the same thing...

Side note:

The weakest part on my KC06 Gold was the "soundstage depth". It was the shallowest I have ever experienced from an iem.

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #5,018 of 35,472
 I really think that the soundstage depth on the kc06 is pretty non existent so I would really need a big imporvement to be interested......

Hmm, maybe you had a bad KC06?  Both KC06 and KC06A I tested had above the average width/depth.  The only difference is that KC06/KC06A were manufactured in June, had new packaging, and I have a feeling KC06 was slightly  tweaked to match some KC06A characteristics (though Ostry denies that).

But damn, I'm itching to order Havi B3 Pro (old version).  That's the one you guys raving about details and soundstage when amped?

I felt the same way as peter123 when it came to the KC06A. Soundstage depth and height was pretty poor. I thought it may have been the tracks, but I was
had listened to those tracks hundreds of times and know them well. Binaural recordings really highlighted the shortcoming when I wanted to double check.
The source/amp seemed to affect it pretty heavily for whatever reason. Normally, I find small changes depending on changes to the source chain: However, when I used the line-out on the X3 to an amp, it showed improvement but overall still a glaring weakness. It may have been a bit of an exaggeration on my part to refer to it as a "wall of sound" but it felt pretty accurate at the time. 

It is still a fantastic earphone. If the weaknesses don't seem as upfront as they did to us, all the better. It's hard to beat it with anything around its price point if the downsides aren't that big of a deal to the owner. 

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #5,019 of 35,472

Price or not, havi b3 pro I is one of the best iems out there, period. PS it only gets better and better with burn in.

Jul 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #5,020 of 35,472
I might have to go back and re-listen again.  I jump from one in-ear to another...  I thought it had a good stereo separation and position of instruments where I was able to pin point everything (talking about instrument depth and layering) and in general sound was wide enough though did felt like sitting in the front raw (in reference to soundstage width/depth).  Keep in mind, I'm using AP100 DAP which does some wonders to stereo separation enhancement once you select hardware resampling to 192k/24b.  For the reference, in that setup Tenores felt like I'm in a stadium with a decent reverbation.

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #5,021 of 35,472
They are not alike. Kc06 is brighter, thinner sounding than the t1e.

T1e has more sub bass, warmer mids, and less bright treble.

Kc06 is more balanced and detailed.

T1e is more full sounding and musical IMHO

It's a different tuning.

PS I don't understand how you can like the ax35 and not the kc06. IMHO they sound similar.

Thank you!  

I only really enjoyed the AX-35 after modding it. Once modded I'd rank it top 3 among my IEM's.

Many others have the same impression so I doubt that they're bad. If I wasn't so used to the B3 I'd probably not have felt it in such an obvious way that I did.

Are you referring to this thread while discussing audio terms: http://www.head-fi.org/a/describing-sound-a-glossary

Side note:

The weakest part on my KC06 Gold was the "soundstage depth". It was the shallowest I have ever experienced from an iem.

Agreed!

I felt the same way as peter123 when it came to the KC06A. Soundstage depth and height was pretty poor. I thought it may have been the tracks, but I was
had listened to those tracks hundreds of times and know them well. Binaural recordings really highlighted the shortcoming when I wanted to double check.
The source/amp seemed to affect it pretty heavily for whatever reason. Normally, I find small changes depending on changes to the source chain: However, when I used the line-out on the X3 to an amp, it showed improvement but overall still a glaring weakness. It may have been a bit of an exaggeration on my part to refer to it as a "wall of sound" but it felt pretty accurate at the time. 

It is still a fantastic earphone. If the weaknesses don't seem as upfront as they did to us, all the better. It's hard to beat it with anything around its price point if the downsides aren't that big of a deal to the owner. 

Thanks, I knew I was not the only one that felt this way but couldn't remember who else, other than Baycode, right away.
Price or not, havi b3 pro I is one of the best iems out there, period. PS it only gets better and better with burn in.

+100 
biggrin.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #5,022 of 35,472
Hmm, I'm pretty sure I was sober when I tested those lol!!!  OK, feeling a peer pressure to go back and re-evaluate my impressions
tongue.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #5,023 of 35,472
  Hmm, I'm pretty sure I was sober when I tested those lol!!!  OK, feeling a peer pressure to go back and re-evaluate my impressions
tongue.gif

LOL!

I just ordred the T1e but went cheap and got them from Aliexpress. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 23, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #5,024 of 35,472

Side note:

Thanks for posting that awesome link. I just bookmarked it for future reference. It will definitely come in handy the next time Ittry to describe a pair of phones.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back