Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #3,646 of 35,472
  Im very new to all of this but I´ve been reading this thread and I bought the ttpod t1 on pure impulse since they werent allt that expensive. I just want to know if they will be a step down from my current Sennheiser MM50 or not.

From reading this thread the havi b3 seems to be a favourite, was it a mistake to get the ttpod t1? 

Even if it wasn't the best buy it´s okay, I need a backup set of headphones so its fine, so don't go easy on the headphones, tell me what you really think! :)

Also, it would be nice if someone would care to do a review of the ttpod t1, it's really hard to find any info on them other than from some posts in this thread. 

All I got to compare audio with are my sennheiser 555 and my sennheiser mm50.

I hear that the TTPod T1s are pretty good for their price. I think buying them isn't a mistake, especially when you consider the fact that the Havi B3 is about 60 dollars.

Sadly, I didn't get to catch onto the T1 hype train before they sold out, though it admittedly isn't all that big. Apparently all of the Chinese TTPod users caught onto those headphones and probably bought them just because they're TTPod or something. Gotta love branding. 

Also, I hear an enhanced version is going to be released sometime soon. I'm looking forward to that, but dunno if I have the funds to purchase a pair.

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #3,647 of 35,472
Lendmeurears on eBay has the deal of the year so far. One week only get the gr07 BE, AND a pair of vsonic uu2 ear buds, 130 shipped.

BOOM

That's less than $100 each :wink:

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #3,649 of 35,472
I hear that the TTPod T1s are pretty good for their price. I think buying them isn't a mistake, especially when you consider the fact that the Havi B3 is about 60 dollars.

Sadly, I didn't get to catch onto the T1 hype train before they sold out, though it admittedly isn't all that big. Apparently all of the Chinese TTPod users caught onto those headphones and probably bought them just because they're TTPod or something. Gotta love branding. 

Also, I hear an enhanced version is going to be released sometime soon. I'm looking forward to that, but dunno if I have the funds to purchase a pair.

Tanka for the repor
You can buy the ttpod t1 on ebay for $40. Will be interesting to se How they perform

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #3,651 of 35,472
Lendmeurears on eBay has the deal of the year so far. One week only get the gr07 BE, AND a pair of vsonic uu2 ear buds, 130 shipped.

BOOM

VSD5 will be 69$ and is supposed to compete with 300$ IEMs.
Does it really make sense to spend almost twice as much for GR07BE?

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #3,652 of 35,472
@BenF
That's what I planned (try vsd5 first). Now I don't know...

I'm also a bit irritated with LMUE that doesn't seem interested in refunding the ~$15 that vsonic is paying back everyone that's preordered vsd3s.

It's not about the money but I think it's pretty strange way to treat loyal customers.

Don't really makes me feel that I want to give them more of my money...

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #3,654 of 35,472
VSD5 will be 69$ and is supposed to compete with 300$ IEMs.
Does it really make sense to spend almost twice as much for GR07BE?
the proof is in the pudding, and no one here has licked the spoon yet.

There's people in this world saying that the Pistons 2.0 destroy anything over $200 bucks. It's all up to the person who puts them in their ears to be the judge and determine how good they are.

Honestly I hope the new vsonic line is better than the gr07 BE. The way I see it, if the new vsonics are epic, I'll get them too.

The gr07 BE is closest thing I've ever heard to being perfect for my preference. I prefer them over many sets of more expensive iems.

When it comes right down to it hearing is believing. Let's hope the vsd3 and vsd3s and vsd5 live up to the hype. I'm going to use this to get my all time favorite (so far) at an unbelievable price (a month ago they were impossible to even find) and see what becomes of the new stuff.

Jun 6, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #3,655 of 35,472
If the vsd5 is indeed better than the 07 be they going to be great value.

If they're about equal I bet we'll see more campaigns on the 07 be in the future....

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #3,656 of 35,472
Anybody knows the difference between VSD3, VSD3S, and VSD5?  Considering you guys bringing up the most expensive VSD5 being under $70, I assume all single driver dynamics, or maybe dual driver?  Are they designing their own drivers or doing DIY with custom housing design?  Kind of weird to hear all this hype about new VSonic where if I understand correctly the hype is coming from their CEO who wants everybody to pre-order their product.  Very much like Kickstarter lol!!!

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #3,657 of 35,472
  This photo may help:

(Also check that cinch slider. You can only put it on a Y cord...)

http://www.iuni.com/

I bet you they are following Xiaomi success with Pistons.  From what I just learned, IUNI (I'm UNIque) is another popular Chinese manufacturer of smart android phones.  I was even told it might sound better than Pistons, but will take it with a grain of salt until I have it in my ears, which might happen in a few weeks.  Will update everybody with my impressions and of course a full review.

I completely lost interest in anything over $100.  Well, Doppio was an exception, but damn those are borderline reference monitors.  Now after 20+ hr burn in, both Tenore and Doppio shine in their own way.

Jun 6, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #3,660 of 35,472
Not trying to spam the thread, just that we got our own little sub-community in here where questions get a faster response and more attention.  So here it goes.

Though I obviously use my headphones for listening to music, sometime I just keep them in my ears like earplugs to isolate outside noise.  Often, they are plugged into my DAP or smartphone or laptop until I ready to start playing music.  That's when I noticed this faint white-noise level coming from probably half of my headphones, and only when they plugged into 3.5mm jack of audio device.  I'm not talking about hissing noise, but rather a faint white "electronic" noise, very low level and typically noticeable when music is not playing.  It was never bothering me much, or I was more immune to it before until recent testing ZA Doppio headphones where the level was louder and I could even hear it during quiet passages of the songs when beat drops and you have less instruments in the background with mostly vocals playing.  Doppio have a very high sensitivity, 113dB/1mW, and I think that's what contributes to it since it "amplifies" the noise floor of the ground connection of the headphone jack.  Then, I started going through my other headphones and noticed it everywhere, where those with sensitivity of 102dB/1mW and below are DEAD quite (like Tenore or RE400), while those above starting to get this faint white-noise which gets a bit higher in level, and those IEMs were in 108dB/1mW and higher sensitivity spec.

Is this a correct assumption?  Do you guys hear the same?  Obviously, it's hard to miss, as long as you are not playing music.  I'm pretty sure half of your headphones do that, you can definitely check it out.  Does this bother anybody or becomes a deciding factor when you are looking for headphones?  Obviously, lower sensitivity means also a lower efficiency since you will need to drive them harder to get a louder sound, but perhaps its a trade off to have a quieter noise floor?  I'm sure impedance plays a role in that too, but I wasn't able to find any relationship yet since IEMs I looked at all have low impedance and its all over the place in value.

So, any thought on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back