Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #34,981 of 35,472
Some brand "cheerleaders" can still be somewhat objective. I think it's pretty clear I'm a huge fan of KZ. That said won't hype up or lie about crap KZs like the HDS2/3 or those that I love but are good but flawed, like the ED4 and Z1. Brand cheerleaders that love each and every earphone that comes out of the brand, and list next to no negatives, are the ones to watch out for imo.
fwiw,i like the hds3---for pure fun it outstrips alot of the much-hyped $$$$ stuff on this thread

Sep 16, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #34,982 of 35,472
Technical qualities might be one thing, but personal (esp. tonal) preferences are another. :wink:

+100, people should really have realized that from the last 10 pages or so but I'd guess not........

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #34,983 of 35,472
fwiw,i like the hds3---for pure fun it outstrips alot of the much-hyped $$$$ stuff on this thread

Edited that comment to make it more personal and less factual. But yeah,the HDS3 isn't a terrible earphone, I just think it's bad for a KZ. It lacks the detail and clarity of many of their other earphones that can be found at the same price with a similar signature. I like the fit, and build esp., but the sound was disappointing coming from the HDS1 which I thought was pretty good. But like everything, it all comes down to personal preferences. I'm not going to knock someone for liking an earphone I don't. Heck, I really like a number of earphones that others think are garbage, haha.

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #34,984 of 35,472
Hello! Can somebody reccomend me a good, clear sounding (as little bass as possible) over ear closed back over ear headphones. Even something unbranded will do. My budget is only $30 :) I know itš very little, but on ebay you can buy Bluedio headphones for $23. Everybody praises those, but only problem is that they have too much bass for me. Thanks!

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #34,985 of 35,472
Relaxing, spending my first moments together with the **** 4-in-1. Feeding them with Tidal HI-FI->NFB-28(Sabre ES9018). My very first thought: ...I waited 3 weeks for this? I'm hearing a cold, semi-shrill signature with just about every song. The mids, including vocals, sound scooped out, forced to stand in the back of the arena. I'm not a believer in physical "burn-in," but I do believe in psychological burn-in. I'm hoping with time these will sound more pleasant to me. But for now, even the KZ-ED9 sounds better to me.

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #34,986 of 35,472
Sep 16, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #34,987 of 35,472
Hello! Can somebody reccomend me a good, clear sounding (as little bass as possible) over ear closed back over ear headphones. Even something unbranded will do. My budget is only $30 :) I know itš very little, but on ebay you can buy Bluedio headphones for $23. Everybody praises those, but only problem is that they have too much bass for me. Thanks!

My brother has this and it sounds very good for the price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GBATPIG/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

If you are ok with the on ear design, JVC HAS160 is fantastic and not bassy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004JRYLG4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474054308&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=JVC+has160&dpPl=1&dpID=41d2c4p7wpL&ref=plSrch

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #34,989 of 35,472
I see no point in trying cheap stuff if you have some expensive ones from bigger and well known brands. I bought so many cheap IEMs this year and none has been able to satisfy my expectations. That's why I'm staying away from latest hypes and waiting to read some reviews from trusted head-fiers which their tastes are similar to mine. For ex. **** 4in1 is the latest hype here but noone has written any review yet.

i look at it like this--you can go to morton's and drop a hundred bucks on a prime steak, which is fantastic by any objective measure. sometimes, though, a $10 cheeseburger is even more satisfying, albeit less refined or fancy. the other critical factor is those damn kzs are addictive--no matter how many expensive iems i accumulate, i still feel compelled to get a new kz.

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #34,990 of 35,472
@ozkan

The Earmax ER580 does actually sound very close to the Super.Fi 5/UE600 and is very cheap. If I'm not mistaking, I've even reviewed the Earmax some time ago. 

Thank you for your recommendation but I had UE600 and SuperFi 5 in the past and if my memory serves me well they don't sound the same as the latter having better subbass. I will check them for sure. :wink:

Sep 16, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #34,991 of 35,472
  Relaxing, spending my first moments together with the **** 4-in-1. Feeding them with Tidal HI-FI->NFB-28(Sabre ES9018). My very first thought: ...I waited 3 weeks for this? I'm hearing a cold, semi-shrill signature with just about every song. The mids, including vocals, sound scooped out, forced to stand in the back of the arena. I'm not a believer in physical "burn-in," but I do believe in psychological burn-in. I'm hoping with time these will sound more pleasant to me. But for now, even the KZ-ED9 sounds better to me.

Second or 3rd bad review of **** 4in1, please someone tell me this is not *hyped* like the others which bubble has been blown up last couple of days. some says cold, some say hot and some symphony lol.

Well i will see pobox tomorrow again, waited like 35 days and still hasn't received this. the tracking is currently saying Shipped by air. RF322777611CN

if this doesn't work out, either i go for much higher priced *in my budget* like tk12 or tk13* or just get that used piston 2 that someone is selling since its the best iem i used for 2 years from a list of around 13 iems i heard the past couple of months.

Sep 16, 2016 at 6:04 PM Post #34,994 of 35,472

You're not alone. I am disappointed as well with them. I've set them aside in favour of Trinity Vyrus. 

Sep 16, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #34,995 of 35,472

You're not alone. I am disappointed as well with them. I've set them aside in favour of Trinity Vyrus. 

Welcome to the inevitable de-railment of the hype train that happens every time this thread finds a new IEM to raise up on a pedestal. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back