Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #34,937 of 35,472
agreed. i bought the lz a2s because of good reviews only to be disappointed!
i will use the dt86 for a few weeks b4 making a final conclusion.
so far i will say it is sensitive with different dap pairings.

Well, you've made no secret about blaming me for putting up a good review for the A2S (that's a $50-70 iem) and I've got a lot of feedback from people agreeing with my findings. I find it interesting that you're now in my position yourself about a $180 iem. I also recall you changing your mind about the A2S after listening more to them and trying out different tips. I'm not saying that you are wrong in your findings (as opposed to what you told me), it just goes to show that nothing is for everyone and that we all hear things differently.

Enjoy your DT86's.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #34,943 of 35,472
Well, you've made no secret about blaming me for putting up a good review for the A2S (that's a $50-70 iem) and I've got a lot of feedback from people agreeing with my findings. I find it interesting that you're now in my position yourself about a $180 iem. I also recall you changing your mind about the A2S after listening more to them and trying out different tips. I'm not saying that you are wrong in your findings (as opposed to what you told me), it just goes to show that nothing is for everyone and that we all hear things differently.

Enjoy your DT86's.

sound is too subjective. a simple tweak in a setup can make the sound change hence another opinion formed. right now im trying the dt86 with an ipod touch and prefer it over pairings with daps. its hard to consolidate to be honest with so many pairings available. for that I apologize to you for being harsh on your review for the lz a2s.

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #34,944 of 35,472
There are way too many hypemasters herein headfi, these days (especially in threads like these). While I will never be able to afford/buy most of these high value hyped up products, feel pity on those over enthusiastic headfiers who've fallen victim for such hype trains. A friendly advice to my fellow headfi brethren, be very careful in whom (or whose words) to trust here. 

Sep 16, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #34,945 of 35,472
Due the sounds easily get bored, if you own one and used forever, yes.

Cause you can't get compared to others.

Such as my TFZ S1 already sitting in dry cable now.

Even it passed 6 mths ago is my dream and wishlist.

Just now went to tried again, the sounds no longer impressed me
frown.gif

AF09D987-D137-4275-8C6E-51796D23DCDA_zps4makgf9q.jpg

Either me already has a reference IEM such as banned here Dxxx

from yr web page on TFZ S1 ( copy n paste )

THE ACTUAL S1 LOOK

S1 has a great soundstage,
Very smooth Mids, quite close to BA driver.
Pretty sweet treble, no harsh, fatiguing orpiercing an issue.
S1 Bass has solid energy and punchy bass extension like QT5/xx. 
S1 has huge bass and speedy of bass.
For me S1 is a great IEM and value for money, very huge soundstage and sweety balanced sound signature to enjoyable such as Rock, R&B, Female vocals or even Jazz as well.

MY SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION

1. Fitting really comfortable and pretty great sealed, cause of the design are 45 degree of the nozzle for better insertion to your ear canal, there is no sound leaked an issue.
  2. My recommended for comply T200, will be perfectly fits.
  3. Very light weight shells, there is no such uncomforted it as longer period, cause all the rounded shaped, i am loving it so much.
  4. S1 has the truth balanced sounds signature to enjoyable more for any songs as what you listening.
  5. The downside be the cable come non memory wire and the rest was perfectly.
  6. The overall were highly recommended :D

1538022_orig.jpg

Minor comparison an over the rest.
IF you asked me about the xxxx D2 vs S1,
they are quite similar Bass boot for both has a such good hi-definition of sounds quality and clarity of detailed.
IF you talk about the Treble wise, i will prefer an over S1

Now it no longer impressed you ? Mmmmmm

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #34,946 of 35,472
  There are way too many hypemasters herein headfi, these days (especially in threads like these). While I will never be able to afford/buy most of these high value hyped up products, feel pity on those over enthusiastic headfiers who've fallen victim for such hype trains. A friendly advice to my fellow headfi brethren, be very careful in whom (or whose words) to trust here. 

I like the saying I heard from another member once.

Instead of hypemasters (which is quite good) I heard the word "cheerleaders" used once or twice.

Cheerleading for a product or company.

Makes me giggle that one. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #34,948 of 35,472
  Unfortunately there isn't a lot we can do.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  What I'd like to see is more measurements to balance out the hype.  You can't run away from a frequency response graph if someone is hyping the heck out of something. And I'd also like more people to call to task anyone caught hyping gear.  The problem at the moment is that there has been an explosion of manufacturers pushing earphones. They're finding more and more people who will write a positive review - basically to get a start. What these new writers don't know is that by doing it they'll also build a reputation (and not a good one) - and that sticks.  Better to be honest - and write a realistic review piece. To me, integrity (and my own rep) is worth way more than a free sample (regardless of price).

I remember the QT5 which was supposedly the 8th wonder in iem, a simple look at the FR should disqualify any reviewer giving a positive feedback, there is a limit to "opinion".
Any user caught by the patrol hyping a product when the later consensus is mainly negative should at least get a warning from the moderation and eventually a temporary ban if that's not enough.
New headfiers or lurkers can not rely on blind luck based on which reviewer they decided to trust, maybe new banners for some members:
"Hyping King"
"Mythomania Maxima"
rolleyes.gif

PS: I've just checked one QT5 listing on AE and it's getting a 4.9 rating with 56 votes and 77 orders!

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #34,949 of 35,472

I like the saying I heard from another member once.

Instead of hypemasters (which is quite good) I heard the word "cheerleaders" used once or twice.

Cheerleading for a product or company.

Makes me giggle that one. 
biggrin.gif

You are right, "Cheerleader(s)" indeed, is a better term. There are few members (I don't want to name them, regular readers of these threads should have an idea) over the last year or so, doing it more frequently/blatantly that it looks so obvious. Hopefully, these recent flop shows (of both high priced and midpriced products) will make those gullible headfiers more vigilant in their future buying decisions.

Sep 16, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #34,950 of 35,472
Some brand "cheerleaders" can still be somewhat objective. I think it's pretty clear I'm a huge fan of KZ. That said won't hype up or lie about what I think are crap KZs like the HDS2/3 or those that I love but are good but flawed, like the ED4 and Z1. Brand cheerleaders that love each and every earphone that comes out of the brand, and list next to no negatives, are the ones to watch out for imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back