Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #34,921 of 35,472
Glad you're liking them! Their bass is a bit loose and while I don't run into distortion at the volumes I listen (i.e. really low), I could see that becoming an issue as you up the volume dial. Still, they're quite fun :) Did you stick with the stock tips or have you played around with different options?

Surprisingly, the stock ones provided decent comfort and fit for me. Although I will start tip rolling eventually, to see how it affects the sound.

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #34,922 of 35,472

I didn't buy these.  As a reviewer, typically companies or vendors send me their products for testing and evaluation. Regarding dealing with shady aliexpress or taobao sellers, that is a reason why I ONLY recommend dealing with Penon Audio.  They are actually the one who sent me DT86 for testing.  I've been dealing with these guys for the last 3 years, and it's always a pleasure.

bought off penon audio lol.
reason why i wanted to do the review because there are quite a number of people waiting for my impressions.
i am just taking one for the team and contributing to the community.
beerchug.gif

@audio123 is yours also a review unit ?

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #34,923 of 35,472

@audio123 is yours also a review unit ?

nope. i have never received a review unit b4 lol
out of my my cayin n5, it sounds like what alex mentioned while from my qp1r it sounds more balanced imo.
it is no match to my fidue sirius.

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #34,925 of 35,472

The DT86 needs tons of power to reach its full potential. The above rig (Questyle QP1R + CrystalConnect Piccolo Diamond + Cayin C5) as compared to using N5 to drive the DT86 is night and day.
With the N5 alone, the sound is veiled. However, with a better source and amping, it brings out the goodness of DT86.

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #34,926 of 35,472
My testing was done with PAW Gold and Opus#2, both of which are quite powerful. I will continue over the weekend, try it with different amps, and will capture FR. At the current moment what I'm hearing from the pair I received is pretty bad.

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #34,927 of 35,472
My testing was done with PAW Gold and Opus#2, both of which are quite powerful. I will continue over the weekend, try it with different amps, and will capture FR. At the current moment what I'm hearing from the pair I received is pretty bad.

with my n5, it sounds pretty bad. i feel the same as you.
i will try it over the weekend too mixing with different gears,

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #34,934 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back