Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #32,371 of 35,472
Aug 6, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #32,372 of 35,472
A little bit off topic:
how do you guys order your headphones on aliexpress? Do you pay customs fees? Or do they have any method to order like gearbest has to avoid such as local priority mail? I'm inclined to buy some iems over €22 but I will pay a big amount of VAT and import taxes...

Aug 6, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #32,373 of 35,472
A little bit off topic:
how do you guys order your headphones on aliexpress? Do you pay customs fees? Or do they have any method to order like gearbest has to avoid such as local priority mail? I'm inclined to buy some iems over €22 but I will pay a big amount of VAT and import taxes...

If you don't want to pay any VAT or taxes, write a note to seller " please don't wrap any invoice in package" 

Aug 6, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #32,374 of 35,472
A little bit off topic:

I've ordered tones of stuff of Ali and only paid taxes when DHL handled shipping. Also you can ask the seller to declare a low value, I think they usually do that even if you don't ask

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #32,375 of 35,472
"Darn". I asked an ali seller I was sure could do custom universal re-shell of stuff I own, but nope, they don't do it.

So anyone got a lead for reasonable priced companies that can re-shell a hybrid unit to a custom size ?

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #32,376 of 35,472
Received the TFZ series 1s i've ordered about a week back from TFZ on Taobao and this is the first time i got such a wonderful unboxing experience and i am very impressed!! Who would imagine that you get a TFZ t-shirt when you order an IEM, not to mention a nice sturdy storage case that comes with the package. The series 1s looks very beautiful with the upgraded silver cable and the plastic shell looks even more refined than their predecessor as if they're in a different class. On brief listening, they have a very very warm sound with emphasised mid-bass and a smoothly rolled off treble. Had been listening to the **** UEs for the past few days so it is a totally different feeling when i put the series 1s on, too warm for my preference and lacking sparkle in the higher end but the bass is definitely better, with greater sub-bass extension and more thumpy mid-bass. So are these worth it ? For the price of 199yuan RMB i paid (approx 30USD), i would say yes given the amount of freebies i get. But for that price paid, **** UEs is still a better choice IMO. It all depends on what kind of sound signature you prefer and of course JMHO & YMMV.

Aug 6, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #32,378 of 35,472
  tfz series iems are beautiful

Have thought so since the day I discovered them. 
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/25755#post_12512792

Aug 6, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #32,381 of 35,472
Guys just came across Rock Y5! Any thoughts on it? Coming after the much appreciated Rock Zircon, hope the Y5 exceeds the already high standard set by its predecessor.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-ROCK-Y5-In-Ear-Stereo-Earphone-in-line-control-with-mic-Headset-3-5mm-Earbuds/519064_32708085367.html

Aug 6, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #32,384 of 35,472
SIMGOT EN700 review for those who might find it interesting:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/simgot-en700-in-ear-dynamic-earphone-24-original/reviews/16578

Aug 6, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #32,385 of 35,472
Excellent review Peter123, I agree with almost all of this, they are rather gorgeous looking and a great addition to my collection as they are different but compliment my other IEM's, though I would like to add a couple of points if you don't mind.
They are not very forgiving of bad recordings! I listen to a lot of EDM, most of it more recent that I have good quality files of, but a good chunk are of older (87 to 95) old school, and consequently are of lower bit rate (128 to 228 Kbps) and they can sound quite harsh if the original master is poor. Also, the sub and mid bass can be brought to life if you are willing to EQ them (digital or analog. Stike me down if you wish, but I'm not scared to do this). Not basshead levels of course, but a more full and warmer presentation. Just a bit more 'fun'.
Carry on the good work mate, much impressed. And I like the earlier review of the Super 6 BA one as well, spot on.
I might just post my own first review of the Rose 3D-7 when get back from my vacation and get to hear them, you have inspired me :)
Cheers, Yobster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back